• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would've been more interesting if they picked games they thought were underrated. It's too easy to be all negative about shit anymore.

To me it seemed the crowd more or less agreed with Colin and Brian, but were more more hesitant to agree with Chris and Anthony. In fact, when FFVII was named as Anthony's game, there were gasps. Of the four games discussed, I've only owned and played MGS4. I own AC1, but never got around to playing AC2. I planned to, but then release after release made the prospect more daunting. I just gave up on ever getting into the series. I own the first two Arkham games (never finished them), but they are fun. I'd probably really like AK. As for FFVIII, I just can't stand JRPG turn-based RPGs. I prefer action RPGs, where the combat is real-time. The only turn-based RPGs that I've thoroughly enjoyed are Costume Quest games (if they can even be called RPGS) and South Park: The Stick of Truth (can't wait for the sequel!).

The trend of giving your reviews pithy titles is kinda silly. It's only a step or two above the old Gametrailers trend of "Is Tiger Woods 2008 a hole in one or did EA shank it right into the tall grass?"

The trend of giving your reviews pithy titles is kinda silly. It's only a step or two above the old Gametrailers trend of "Is Tiger Woods 2008 a hole in one or did EA shank it right into the tall grass?"

You should read some old 90s Game Informer reviews. If anything was a 5 or below, they would just talk mad shit about the game without really going into any depth about why you should avoid it.

At least they own up to it.

KingKong

you think thats bad, just the other day I read a Fantastic Four review that had this tagline:

The Bottom Line
More like the Unfantastic Four.

Jintor

Back when I worked at a mag you'd have a proper review title and then a snarky subheading, or just a terrible pun

tumblr_nofdh2XkLL1ru89oxo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom