• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
c0cceb9c0ea5631930c811ce89ae95c5.png

thanks for the preload konami

Uh, Quick Look is up now. So much for delaying it. I'm sad Dan and Drew did not do it, but I wonder if they decided they were doing Metal Gear Scanlon V anyways, so it wouldn't be worth it.

valeo

Watching Mary's Until Dawn playthrough (very entertaining btw) and made the mistake of looking at the YouTube comments. Jesus. Christ.

yami4ct

thanks for the preload konami

Living in the rural US, the lack of a preload really hurts me.

Guess I just have to avoid the majority of the internet for the next few days. At least I don't have any bandwidth caps. That's sort of a plus.

At least MGS5 is only 20 gigs. Means I only have to wait a little over a day. 30-50 gig games are an absolute nightmare.

Living in the rural US, the lack of a preload really hurts me.

Guess I just have to avoid the majority of the internet for the next few days. At least I don't have any bandwidth caps. That's sort of a plus.

Geez, I'm so sorry. And here I was fretting that I can't do anything online for the next couple of hours lest my download speed drop.

yami4ct

Geez, I'm so sorry. And here I was fretting that I can't do anything online for the next couple of hours lest my download speed drop.

Since it's late, those are also the fastest speeds I can expect. The US network infrastructure is the worst. Hopefully that low-orbit satellite stuff Elon Musk is talking about actually works.

valeo

Give us some examples

"well done marry crap, you ruined the game"

"she sucks sooo bad at this game!!! and talks too much through the whole video...!!! please never do another walk through with her again..!! please!!!"

"Well this is boring as hell. Of course. Girl gamer can't play good at games."

"Not enough cleavage. This isn't a serious playthrough anyway."

"I know that it is just a game, but hope someone would rip the head of that girl off and I would laugh at this like she was laughing at the death of one of the characters. She does not have a drop of compassion"

"this is why you can't let females play these certain types of games on live streams. Can't make decisions without having to ask the chat. reacts on her emotions as if she's in the game. Typical female instincts"

"You stupid piece of shit! Don't ever let a girl play a video game again. Ruin the whole gameplay. #Noob"

Wow. This was on one page of comments btw.

MNC

rare replay?

did brad "captain spoiler" shoemaker write that?
Haha, that really is a brad kind of thing, huh.

"Oh man something really cool happened but I'm not gonna say it. Its so good though. I won't say what happens, but *basically the spoiler*. Well its not really a spoiler per say it was alluded to the whole time. Can I just say it? I'll probably [Jason:'Shut the fuck up Brad'] just say it. Okay. *spoilers*"

demidar

Haha, that really is a brad kind of thing, huh.

"Oh man something really cool happened but I'm not gonna say it. Its so good though. I won't say what happens, but *basically the spoiler*. Well its not really a spoiler per say it was alluded to the whole time. Can I just say it? I'll probably [Jason:'Shut the fuck up Brad'] just say it. Okay. *spoilers*"

Heck, I might even abstain from listening to this week's Bombcast.

yami4ct

Heck, I might even abstain from listening to this week's Bombcast.

Since I think I already accidentally pieced together a major MGSV spoiler by watching a couple trailers, I'm not really going on my way personally to avoid spoilers. I won't seek them out, but if they happen I won't care.

justjim89

You guys have good download speeds. I'm at 1.5 MB/s and that's pretty much the fastest it gets for me. Gonna watch the QL and go to bed.

By the way, even though it's just a movie, the MGS Legacy thing on Steam is great. Feels like a farewell to Kojima.

Brad seems in top form in the MGSV Quick Look. In a good way. He seems very confident/informative and is playing pretty well so far. Really glad that they are being spoiler conscious, too.

if i hadn't graduated last year i'd be at school right now and could have downloaded TPP 5 times over by now.

but then again I'd also have commitments to attend to.

Actually playing MGSV now, Jeff was right about Big Boss being a weird mute in these conversations.

Yep, I'm just over 30 hours in now and it's almost like playing as a silent protagonist. It gets distracting when you keep noticing people talking to Big Boss and barely ever getting a reply.

Yep, I'm just over 30 hours in now and it's almost like playing as a silent protagonist. It gets distracting when you keep noticing people talking to Big Boss and barely ever getting a reply.

The weird thing is there is a bunch of back and forth talking with Keifer in the tapes.

Its like he recorded a script 2 years ago and then they made a bunch of missions that they didnt have any VO for but they kept it all anyway and got Miller and Revolver Baker to record some filler.

The weird thing is there is a bunch of back and forth talking with Keifer in the tapes.

Its like he recorded a script 2 years ago and then they made a bunch of missions that they didnt have any VO for but they kept it all anyway and got Miller and Revolver Baker to record some filler.

That sounds about right to me.

I've got to admit, I'm surprised it got as many top marks as it did in reviews. It really is an excellent game but the story feels very bare bones compared to previous MGS games. I don't think it helps that the game is as long as it is either. If if was a bit more condensed then the story might feel a bit more focused.

Still though, I moan but it's kept me playing so much over the last 4 days. I think it probably would have beaten out Witcher 3 for my GOTY (so far) if not for the issues I've mentioned.

Jothel

Does it ever refer to why he might be so quiet or is it just... He's quieter now? Like story wise etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom