• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder Liquid always seemed to be so bummed out.

9S2MC6H.gif

the save file is just 4% in and he hasn't had a lot of time playing the game. I saw the first 30ish minutes of it and it seems fine.

well I played like 12 hours of GZ and only had like 32% completion so take that for what it's worth

Myggen

So I haven't watched the QL yet, but did Brad like it?

Brad seemed to really like the gameplay, and especially how the game handles stealth and the base building stuff.

Good QL overall I thought, gave me a pretty good idea of what the game is about without being spoiler-y.

And yeah, I'm guessing the Bombcast will be a latecast since probably only Brad and Jason were in the office yesterday.

it's the best. I work on sundays and the office is nearly abandoned. nobody to annoy me.

I meant more in a situation like Giant Bomb's where it would just be you and another guy sitting across from each other for 8 hours. So much stilted small talk and long pauses.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What kind of office has small talk for 8 hours straight?

Sounds like hell to me.

Just put your head down and get to work.

V has come to... my computer. I gotta go to work but I watched the pre-intro scene and I'm already completely on board. I'm a sucker for
David Bowie
though. (Light spoilers)

Sounds like hell to me.

yeah there's usually someone within that distance from me. we just put on headphones and ignore each other.

if I sat near someone who wanted to talk to me all day I'd get that taken care of pretty quickly

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Sounds like hell to me.

I share an office with two people, at any given point during the day at least one wants to talk. Or has somebody stop by who wants to talk. There are serious problems with the work environment when I'm the one who most wants to just shut up and work.

bigkrev

I really hope he is right with those prices being New Zealand Dollars, not US Dollars. The 1150 coin option would come out to about $10, the largest one would come out to around $50.

I haven't touched the game yet and have no idea if I will care about the mechanic enough to want to purchase a second base, but 10 dollars for a second base is much easier to swallow than $16

demidar

I really hope he is right with those prices being New Zealand Dollars, not US Dollars. The 1150 coin option would come out to about $10, the largest one would come out to around $50.

I haven't touched the game yet and have no idea if I will care about the mechanic enough to want to purchase a second base, but 10 dollars for a second base is much easier to swallow than $16

There is a big disclaimer at the bottom saying it's not a big deal, but it's still pretty scummy (as expected of Konami).

Myggen

Heh, I like Alex's deck on the Mad Max trailer. Not so sneaky way of saying what his level of confidence is in that game.

jaina

Still undecided whether to buy MGS V within the next month. The music (as shown in the QL) is very tempting though. I think I'll wait until Brad's review and the scheduling of MGScanlonV : The Fandom Dan.

Heh, I like Alex's deck on the Mad Max trailer. Not so sneaky way of saying what his level of confidence is in that game.

I thought people were pretty positive about what they'd seen up until now? I haven't seen a single frame of the game yet, though, so I'm really looking forward to the QL.

The Metal Gear quicklook was pretty great, good run down of the variety of systems that the game has while also avoiding spoilers.

Still undecided whether to buy MGS V within the next month. The music (as shown in the QL) is very tempting though. I think I'll wait until Brad's review and the scheduling of MGScanlonV : The Fandom Dan.

The music has been pretty great.
I can summon a chopper for air support that will play Take on me while it just murders everyone.
(Spoiler tagged in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled on the licensed music)

I thought people were pretty positive about what they'd seen up until now? I haven't seen a single frame of the game yet, though, so I'm really looking forward to the QL.

I think general impressions before release had basically been that it didn't seem fantastic but that there was something there and reviews seem to back that up.

Zaph

Schreier is a great reporter, but the dude can be pedantic as fuck over terminology. Yes, the multiplayer is technically not paywalled, because you can play it without paying (more). But come on, it's gated as fuck with microtransactions so GS's article wasn't wrong in spirit, which is really the only time a publication should call out another publication like that.

Here's my provisional review: 5 Will Smith 'happy' faces out of 5
wppQeHG.png
wppQeHG.png
wppQeHG.png
wppQeHG.png
wppQeHG.png

Seriously, the game's incredible. I'm so glad I did a media blackout on it, because damn, I would never have guessed Kojima had it in him to make a game like this.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Target has buy MGS5TPP and get MGS5GZ for free. It's going for ~15-20 used, effectively making MGS5TPP ~$40-$45.

Kiefer sucks, though.

jaina

Haha, the slow PSN speeds are perfect for preventing impulse buys. I don't expect to be able to purchase and finish downloading MGS V tonight on my 50 MBit/s at all.
Which means I'll wait until next week when my PC is with me once again.

I'd say ALBW has told Drew almost anything he needs to know about Zelda. If he's not seeking other titles on his own, that's fine. Or maybe he doesn't have the consoles, in that case someone should gift him Minish Cap for his Game Boy Micro.

They're getting adjusted to the new... uh, yeah.
This reminds me: the office move downstairs is still coming. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom