• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
get it tomorrow
LiK please...though there is a 40% code for GMG...
It's pretty dang awesome. The amount of customization in dress you can have for yourself is amazing. ALSO BIONIC PUNCHES. Right now I was infiltrating a base, trying to get a B-rank soldier in a group of 4 soldiers, and a sandstorm popped up. I couldn't see shit but I could see the markers, so I equipped my bionic arm and just sprinted around punching all of them. So satisfying.

...unfortunately I fultoned the soldier right after the sandstorm, and it was a 90% chance, and he was lost ;_;
Wow that sounds amazing haha. I do love customization a whole lot. I was planning on getting through Scanlon 3 and 4 before getting 5 though.

I started replaying Sleeping Dogs last week as a way to cope with not getting MGS5. I think I'll manage for now. Compelling arguments though, I do want it. Sleeping Dogs is still so damn good guys. I wanted to make a RTTP thread about it but perma-junior ;~:

Lijik

yeah at one point like 2-3 years back they actually had a whole network going by the staffers with some interesting shows (I liked Kevin VanOrd's panel game show one) and all of them eventually got canned

jaina

yeah at one point like 2-3 years back they actually had a whole network going by the staffers with some interesting shows (I liked Kevin VanOrd's panel game show one) and all of them eventually got canned
Indeed. Some of the podcasts, and most of the people left or had to leave GameSpot.

I'm watching the MGSV QL and I'm wondering if the console buttons are different then the PC version with a controller? It shows X for Fulton on the PS4 but it's Y on PC, and grabbing an item is Square but on PC it's B. Can anyone confirm? Or is it just an alternate control scheme maybe?

I'm watching the MGSV QL and I'm wondering if the console buttons are different then the PC version with a controller? It shows X for Fulton on the PS4 but it's Y on PC, and grabbing an item is Square but on PC it's B. Can anyone confirm? Or is it just an alternate control scheme maybe?

Brad probably changed up the controls? I didn't notice that actually.

ZXHLSV2.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This Mario Party Party video is freaking me out.

A live audience laughing at everything like they're watching standup at a comedy club and cheering everything like it's a professional esports match isn't exactly what I expect when I watch these things.

I don't know why, it just feels so wierd and wrong.

This Mario Party Party video is freaking me out.

A live audience laughing at everything like they're watching standup at a comedy club and cheering everything like it's a professional esports match isn't exactly what I expect when I watch these things.

I don't know why, it just feels so wierd and wrong.

On the Bombcast they all said that's exactly what they wanted and they loved it. So we'll probably see it happen like that again at some point.

AcridMeat

Banned
On the Bombcast they all said that's exactly what they wanted and they loved it. So we'll probably see it happen like that again at some point.
At the rate they're going I could see them doing 6/7/8(PAX East)/9 and then 10 at Prime 2016.

Or maybe 8 at San Antonio, 9 East 10 Prime.

I hope they still do some Mario Party Parties in the studio. It's more depressing that way.

But live MPP being a success probably means they're more likely to just play any game in a live situation.

hamchan

Now that I'm 20 hours and 18 missions into MGSV now I'm REALLY unsure about how well it'll work as a video series. That's already 10 episodes of Scanlon right there and I have to say, Dan and Drew will have to do a heck of a lot of talking to make those 10 videos interesting to watch.

Now that I'm 20 hours and 18 missions into MGSV now I'm REALLY unsure about how well it'll work as a video series. That's already 10 episodes of Scanlon right there and I have to say, Dan and Drew will have to do a heck of a lot of talking to make those 10 videos interesting to watch.

Eh, I feel the best parts about MGScanlon were the gameplay sections rather than the cutscenes. I feel they could carry it through.

People really like that prologue

I thought it was tedious as hell and went on for way too long. Could've made it 15 minutes long and been better for it

The prologue had the right pace. And I mean..yeah thats metal gear. No worse than MGS3 spending 20 minutes teaching you how to reach your backpack in Virtuous Mission

Yeah but this was pretty dreadfully tedious. I crawled for 30 minutes, then a fire guy did fire things like 3 times, and yeah there's the weird red hair kid that I assume is young psycho mantis just hanging around

I dunno, the whole thing just took way too long. By the end of it, I had no urge to keep playing for the night.

Numb

Podcast started with so much mgs stuff and it was awesome. Brad giving tips left and right without spoiling.

jaina

This is neither MGSV OT nor spoiler thread. It's trailer stuff, but some people might be bothered more by your posts than I am.

Jothel

Just started MGSV yayyyyyyy

The doctor at the start of the game is a kinda famous English guy in Japan.

Back to GB though... Hope the panel goes up soon!

People really like that prologue

I thought it was tedious as hell and went on for way too long. Could've made it 15 minutes long and been better for it

I would have enjoyed it more if they hadn't shown of the majority of the crazy stuff in the first trailer because most of the stuff that I actually saw for the first time was just slow walking or crawling everywhere.

Tubobutts

This is neither MGSV OT nor spoiler thread. It's trailer stuff, but some people might be bothered more by your posts than I am.

What else is there to talk about? How GBEAST should make Crusader Kings 2 an ongoing series preferably using the Game of Thrones mod? I agree they should do that.

jaina

What else is there to talk about? How GBEAST should make Crusader Kings 2 an ongoing series preferably using the Game of Thrones mod? I agree they should do that.
The likely upcoming Old Games show tonight, which will only be streamed to remove the last existing Mario Party Party 5 archive :)

Edit: dammit it's on the site. Should've used this joke while relevant

Tubobutts

So it was a good playdate? I am so behind on GB content, I've been too wrapped up in actually playing games.

I liked it. It was a bit too short and I think they would enjoy the Game of Thrones mod more than the base game because they made a bunch of references to the books/show. And they probably know more about GoT than they do about medieval Italy.

No stupid mods, they should just play more Crusader Kings.

But this week's going to be Vinnyvania.

You're a stupid mod. And yeah, probably.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I liked it. It was a bit too short and I think they would enjoy the Game of Thrones mod more than the base game because they made a bunch of references to the books/show. And they probably know more about GoT than they do about medieval Italy.

Sicily.

Please.

Dammit, I shouldn't have started the Bombcast when just starting work. Now I just want to go home and play MGS.

Edit:Coming from someone who hasn't really liked the MGS games, this one is great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom