• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Witcher 3 will probably take me the rest of the year to finish and then Persona 5 and Just Cause 3 will be out...

I will probably never get to play Metal Gear.

I know the feeling. I was afraid I wouldn't finish Witcher by the end of the year, and now with Metal Gear... It's a pretty good problem to have, I suppose. It's not very often I have one of those games I can't wait to get home to play, and now I have two of them!

they're saying P5 might be out in japan THIS MONTH and yet they haven't set a date. how does that even happen anymore?

but basically I'm living in a time where new entries in three of my favorite series of all time are all coming out within a 3-6 month window and I'm having a bit of an existential crisis about it

at least I've already played like 20 hours of Y5 so I don't feel so bad about putting that one off in favor of the others

also I've already played through 2 full Yakuza/RGG games this year (0/Ishin) so I'm pretty good on that front

they're saying P5 might be out in japan THIS MONTH and yet they haven't set a date. how does that even happen anymore?

it doesn't. you need time to prepare the game for manufacturing and whatnot.

Let me put it to you this way: we've known for months about Persona Dancey Dance Party 2000 on the vita. The release date has been set in stone for an eternity now. It's not a big game in the franchise, right? and it doesn't have the backing of a major console manufacturer behind it like P5 does, right?

So people want to believe that P5 is still coming in 2015 with zero anything about it for ages, not even a peep? I mean even final fantasy 15 had the decency to put out a 3 minute trailer of a father hugging his brat of a son and that's not coming for another year at the soonest.

i would like to be proven wrong but we're in september now. if it's coming out anywhere this year it's very late into the year and in japan only.

Yeah Atlus can keep telling us that P5 is coming out this year all they want, but until I actually see some kind of english trailer I won't believe any of it. Most likely, it'll be here by next Spring the earliest, though I'm expecting next Summer.

Let me put it to you this way: we've known for months about Persona Dancey Dance Party 2000 on the vita. The release date has been set in stone for an eternity now. It's not a big game in the franchise, right? and it doesn't have the backing of a major console manufacturer behind it like P5 does, right?

So people want to believe that P5 is still coming in 2015 with zero anything about it for ages, not even a peep? I mean even final fantasy 15 had the decency to put out a 3 minute trailer of a father hugging his brat of a son and that's not coming for another year at the soonest.

i would like to be proven wrong but we're in september now. if it's coming out anywhere this year it's very late into the year and in japan only.

Wasn't just stated again that it was going to come out in 2015 and then when asked cleared up that it will also come to the US in 2015?

My current backlog of games I really want to finish:
Red Read Redemption
Ni No Kuni
Wonderful 101
MGSV
Far Cry 4

Games I plan on getting in the next month:
King's Quest
Super Mario Maker

Other games to get by the end of the year:
Persona 5
Xenoblade X (maybe)

Other games I want to finish but probably won't be able to:
Alien Infestation
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3

That's not even including my many, many games on Steam that I got through bundles. Where is my watch that can freeze time?

There was a trailer in late June.

Plus it's only like under two weeks till we likely get a date anyway and I imagine the date is probably going to be November in Japan. Which gives Atlus two months and a bit to go crazy with marketing if they wish. But given how they've handled this games so far I'll be surprised if they will.

As for Yakuza 5 I imagine that has to be out by mid October, the pre order has been up for a little while now and it doesn't seem like the kind of game to have a super early pre order.

I played through the first level and it didn't really grab me, but I plan on going back to it at some point since I love Viewtiful Joe.

Happens to everyone. The game gets significantly better as you unlock more skills/heroes and the quality of the game itself gets a lot better as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the P5 and Yakuza 5 mystery release dates are killing me

JUST LET ME KNOW SO I CAN PLAN

I fully expect it to come out when I'm in the middle of something lengthy and for me to drop the previous game and never finish it.

I bet it gets a release date like a week before it comes out.

Fallout is definitely a wait and see for me. It's going to take a lot more than a prettier wasteland and home decorating to make me want to spend another 100+ hours in a Fallout game.

Bacon

Fallout is definitely a wait and see for me. It's going to take a lot more than a prettier wasteland and home decorating to make me want to spend another 100+ hours in a Fallout game.

I'm reaaaal skeptical after seeing that fucking mass effect style conversation wheel.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Finally listened to the live Beastcast and it was kind of bad? The topics were ok considering the guests, they just didn't have much interesting stuff to say about them. And Austin repeated that naive view about European welfare systems again, ugh.

DamnBoxes

Finally listened to the live Beastcast and it was kind of bad? The topics were ok considering the guests, they just didn't have much interesting stuff to say about them. And Austin repeated that naive view about European welfare systems again, ugh.

It's all good; they're back(alar) home now where they can do no wrong.

LiK

I'm all in cuz I loved FO3. talking about 360 vanilla version. haven't even played NV yet

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Xenoblade and Just Cause releasing the same month is going to be the real killer.

Not only are games coming out now. But said games are fucking massive.

Xenoblade and Just Cause releasing the same month is going to be the real killer.

Not only are games coming out now. But said games are fucking massive.

Xenoblade's reception wasn't so hot though. I think i'll hold off myself. the impressions thread made it sound like it wasn't the JRPG savior everyone was hoping for.

I'm all in cuz I loved FO3. talking about 360 vanilla version. haven't even played NV yet

I loved the hell out of 3, and then when New Vegas came out I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I messed around with ridiculous mods for a while and haven't played it since.

That game Cibele that Austin has an interview up about sounds really interesting. I have a weird fascinations for stories about online relationships. Digital A Love Story and Homestuck (sorry) and all that.

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't wait for this Nov/Dec. After the last in studio Beastcast, I'm even interested in Black Ops 3. I haven't bought a COD game since 4!
You should get on that if you have time. It's truly wonderful. I almost gave up on it because the start is slow, but once I got to Novac, everything changed.

LiK

I can't wait for this Nov/Dec. After the last in studio Beastcast, I'm even interested in Black Ops 3. I haven't bought a COD game since 4!
You should get on that if you have time. It's truly wonderful. I almost gave up on it because the start is slow, but once I got to Novac, everything changed.

yea, I got NV GOTY edition on Steam but never got around to it.

One of my soldiers keeps putting up a poster of anime Paz laying with stuffed animals on my motherbase. Did I accidentally recruit one of you?

Xenoblade's reception wasn't so hot though. I think i'll hold off myself. the impressions thread made it sound like it wasn't the JRPG savior everyone was hoping for.

The only person I heard about who doesn't like it was that Kotaku guy. And he doesn't like the first game either, so I have no idea why people who like the first game give a fuck about his opinion on the matter. It's not a helpful metric for them.

The only person I heard about who doesn't like it was that Kotaku guy. And he doesn't like the first game either, so I have no idea why people who like the first game give a fuck about his opinion on the matter. It's not a helpful metric for them.

there were gaf impressions too besides that article. seemed the consensus is that the focus away from story and more to small isolated mission structure was a major con and that it didn't work out so well.

I dont see that being remedied by having more opinions on the matter

DamnBoxes

One of my soldiers keeps putting up a poster of anime Paz laying with stuffed animals on my motherbase. Did I accidentally recruit one of you?

Hahaha, I'm having this happen on my motherbase too. Once I took the first one down I came back and found a different anime poster in the same spot.

Aaron

After playing new Vegas, I'm not sure I can handle another Bethesda fallout. The writing in new Vegas was leagues better than fallout 3.
Where exactly? Because besides that one robot I didn't find the writing in NV memorable at all. I also felt that every quest line had a lousy pay off, and that goes 10x for the end. Fallout 3's main quest was much better, both in writing and everything else.

Where exactly? Because besides that one robot I didn't find the writing in NV memorable at all. I also felt that every quest line had a lousy pay off, and that goes 10x for the end. Fallout 3's main quest was much better, both in writing and everything else.

the overall plot was made more sense (the fallout 3 ending alone is some sort of insult to the intelligence of its players), the player agency is leagues above what was in fallout 3, the factions weren't so clearly black and white like in FO3, The actual landscape was structured in a way that felt much more real than the series of set pieces FO3 had.

of course, FNV had cazadores so not all things were rosy.

I dunno, fallout 4's biggest hurdle for me isn't exceeding fo3, it's simply matching what i loved about FNV. if it's just a better fallout 3 then no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom