• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game spent what felt like an eternity showing me its controls during the prologue, i guess i just assumed it would be that forthcoming with the rest of the controls as i played

Yeah, I mean I didn't see any of the prologue before I went into the options and stared at the controls screen. I do that for every game, go into options before I hit "start game." Pretty sure on my part though it's less being thorough so much as it is a weird OCD thing. I feel anxious if I go into the first second of a game without knowing what every single button is going to do.

I was listening to one of the early cassettes in MGSV today (first 5 hours), and in regards to XOF they said it was "
Hugs and Kisses with a big Fuck You and then end...
" I don't know if that line was genius, hilarious, or terrible. Maybe a mix of all three,

I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like there's quite a bit of general MGS5 talk that may be better suited to one of the half dozen MGS5 threads.

LiK

I hate to be "that guy" but it seems like there's quite a bit of general MGS5 talk that may be better suited to one of the half dozen MGS5 threads.

I can say the same thing whenever people start talking about WWE or food in here. post that in Off-Topic :p

I was listening to one of the early cassettes in MGSV today (first 5 hours), and in regards to XOF they said it was "
Hugs and Kisses with a big Fuck You and then end...
" I don't know if that line was genius, hilarious, or terrible. Maybe a mix of all three,

This is pretty much all I think of when I hear about XOF, it's why I didn't really make the connection to FOX. I don't even remember seeing it really in MGSV yet outside of GZ.

OkayRene

Am using the apple podcast app for the podcasts, any recommendations to use instead? I see it's not up yet and would like it downloaded asap as I have a flight later!

I recommend Castro. They really doubled down on the iOS aesthetic. It's organized and laid out in a way that's always made more sense to me. Overcast is my second favorite iOS podcast app.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Danganronpa: Ultimate despair girls features a war for the sake of war.

The obvious answer is that the patriots are monokuma.

It could be the first phone game I ever buy.

I currently love this...

g1oeerhl.jpg

Try it too!

Are we expecting more VinnyVania tonight? I haven't been around for a while so missed a lot of the PAX stuff - they could have mentioned it there.

Patryn

Are we expecting more VinnyVania tonight? I haven't been around for a while so missed a lot of the PAX stuff - they could have mentioned it there.

It's a Friday, so I'd assume there will be some GBeast stream. Maybe not VinnyVania, but something.

Also: Reminder that Monday is a holiday in the US.

VitaTV?

I dunno man, the vita is pretty rad.

Then again I have a 4 hour commute each day.

I might do VitaTV since it's been really cheap lately.

Handheld's just never get played enough for me. I have maybe 20 games for 3DS and have a lot of games I love for it, but I can not think of a single game I've actually beaten or put a good amount of time in. Handhelds are just hard for me to put serious time into. I think I had like 30 hours in the newest MH and that's about the most I've ever played on a handheld.

LiK

Handheld's just never get played enough for me. I have maybe 20 games for 3DS and have a lot of games I love for it, but I can not think of a single game I've actually beaten or put a good amount of time in. Handhelds are just hard for me to put serious time into. I think I had like 30 hours in the newest MH and that's about the most I've ever played on a handheld.

you should play the first Danganronpa before playing AE. it takes place after it.

Based on some of the talk in the podcast, I would not mind a 2-hour Vinny-lead MGSV playdate. Vinny seems to be just past, or about to pass, the mission Brad did on stream. I know that would step on Drew/Dan a bit, but I would like to see what Vinny would get up to in that open world.

PS: This has nothing to do with the fact I think Castlevania is a horrible video game franchise. Bye.

Antiwhippy

I'm like the complete opposite.

Handhelds are pretty much the only thing I game on nowadays.

Until Dawn seems cool but not the best playdate game imo. Not goofy as Contradiction for the humor and it's not open enough for Vinny's chaotic style to shine.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, if it turned out to be a MST3K with campy horror I can see it turning pretty good. Those three have a very good dynamic together.

Myggen

plus Mary already played through all of it

There's a ton of ways the story can change, and I couldn't watch much of her stream because she interacted way too much with the chat. Bring it on, Until Dawn is a perfect Playdate game because it's campy and involves a lot of choice.

LiK

Based on some of the talk in the podcast, I would not mind a 2-hour Vinny-lead MGSV playdate. Vinny seems to be just past, or about to pass, the mission Brad did on stream. I know that would step on Drew/Dan a bit, but I would like to see what Vinny would get up to in that open world.

PS: This has nothing to do with the fact I think Castlevania is a horrible video game franchise. Bye.

VinnyVania is good if they would just move onto Super Castlevania IV. They should just use save states for Castlevania III and move on since they're no longer having fun with it.

plus Mary already played through all of it

The game has so many branching paths and endings that another LP with Vinny would be fine. Besides, Vinny would somehow find more ways to mess around.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
MGSVINNY

if it never happens I'll be sad

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I want Vinnyvania to get to Super Castlevania IV and Symphony of the Night so badly.
I understand that he wants to not do every Castlevania ever, but I really think that getting though SotN would be amazing. Since that is kind of the jumping off point for "modern" Castlevania. I think stopping after that would be ok.

That said, I'm totally down to see Alex get some TEENS murdered.

In the Beastcast, when they were talking about childhood accents and fighting against them, it reminded me how hard I try not to pronounce the word creek as "crick".

Funny all these GBE Playdates, and yet Vinny still hasn't done anything else with Kerbal Space Program. I suppose that rocketship has sailed.

In the Beastcast, when they were talking about childhood accents and fighting against them, it reminded me how hard I try not to pronounce the word creek as "crick".

Yeah, my problem is Wash to Warsh. It's the only word where I throw in that extra letter accent and it only happens occasionally. Other than that I just say 'ain't' way too much.

Heimbeck

Banned
It's 7PM for me (not super late), but GB does all live shows at night in my mind. UPF is 11PM.

It is like watching live WWE. I don't understand how anyone look at something like that before 6PM local time. Just seems wrong.

Giant Bomb hates the UK.
It's a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom