• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I currently love this...

g1oeerhl.jpg

Try it too!
That looks pretty dang cool. I've posted about a very similar (upcoming) game in the Steam thread recently.

Place Bets Now...

Will anyone be able to pronounce Hayden Panettiere?
Will anyone know Agent Ward from S.H.I.E.L.D?
Will anyone know the actress from Shameless?

Up to maybe the last mission in MGSV. Wow there really wasn't much story in this game at all.

How many missions are there? I tried looking briefly the other day and ended up almost stumbling into spoiler territory. Considering I'm only up to mission 15 and I've already sunk 28 hours into it I figure I'm going to be playing this for a while.

It's probably better for it because what story there is hasn't been very compelling. It's not even dumb in an interesting way.

Huh, I've actually been enjoying what little story there is quite a bit. It's just been dumb Metal Gear nonsense piled on top of more nonsense so far.

-Kees-

Gonna watch a little then check out. Definitely gonna play Until Dawn in October. I considered doing an all night stream on Halloween of the whole game but I know that's not happening.

tchocky

How many missions are there? I tried looking briefly the other day and ended up almost stumbling into spoiler territory. Considering I'm only up to mission 15 and I've already sunk 28 hours into it I figure I'm going to be playing this for a while.

Huh, I've actually been enjoying what little story there is quite a bit.

If you look on the Records screen in options it shows you your ratings for the main missions with question marks for the ones you haven't done I think it is around 40-50

def sim

i will. I'll be the first person in line when the thing hits $20. Got enough games on my plate right now including 4 seasons of Telltale games to fill my adventure game needs.

That's probably the smarter move, sure, but buying and playing this game now while continuing to ignore those other ones totally works too.

Yeah, it was a spoiler. At least for me. I haven't played the game and have avoided the MGSV trailer threads, so having Austin give no warning sucks.

I had to search just to make sure it wasn't something I missed in the previous games and inadvertently spoiled myself on something else

:(

Heimbeck

Banned
Meh, while their tech leaves a lot to be desired i really like the writing and the branching paths of their games. Plus, it was GoT, TWD S2, TOTBL, and Jurassic Park for $17. So why not

TellTale games don't really have branching paths, I still find the enjoyable despite that but I do wish they would try to make your choices have more of an impact.

TellTale games don't really have branching paths, I still find the enjoyable despite that but I do wish they would try to make your choices have more of an impact.

I know, it's a diamond really but I do like that not everyone experiences that diamond the same way. I like the stuff at the end of the episodes when they inform you of how your decisions stack up against others, too. Find all that stuff interesting

Very few games have true branching paths so i don't hold that against them, especially when the writing tends to be as well done as most telltale efforts are.

OkayRene

As a fairly new member to all things GB, I've had a question recently I've been wanting to ask long-time members:

How does the current state of GB—content and personalities—compare to GB of the days that included Ryan, Patrick, Dave, and Alexis and where everyone was in the same office?

LiK

As a fairly new member to all things GB, I've had a question recently I've been wanting to ask long-time members:

How does the current state of GB—content and personalities—compare to GB of the days that included Ryan, Patrick, Dave, and Alexis and where everyone was in the same office?

about the same in terms of silliness and humor. altho it's a bit different in group dynamics with Ryan gone and Vinny no longer being part of the crew on the West coast. the Jeff/Vinny QLs/features are among the BEST on the site. Ryan was also much more into interacting with the community a lot with the TNT stuff more than the other guys, imo

def sim

I'd definitely like some more profound consequences to my actions. As they are, though, I enjoy them well enough as semi interactive stories and you can usually get them super cheap.

This is the quintessential example of the uncanny valley. The models look more "real" than many games, but manage to look worse in motion.

Yeah, most of the characters look incredibly creepy and the inconsistent framerate didn't help. At least the former added to experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this until dawn stream is great

For sure. It's a fantastic game to play with a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom