• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad just sat there and mulled it over. I think Brads seriously considering going that way.

BRAD DON'T DO IT! NOT UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR BOUNTY HUNTER FIGURINE!

K.Sabot

Yeah must be a curse with driving games numbered 6.

It has about as much excitement as GT6 did, and we all saw how that turned out recently.

The series has to be doing well if they have two different forza franchises going. I just don't know if it's doing gran turismo like numbers.

But I also don't think GT is doing GT numbers anymore so I'm not sure what the sim racing genre is like right now.

Lingitiz

The series has to be doing well if they're doing two different forza franchises going. I just don't know if it's doing gran turismo like numbers.

But I also don't thing GT is doing GT numbers anymore so I'm not sure what the sim racing genre is like right now.

Forza sells okay, definitely not GT numbers but then again GT6 didn't do too hot.

I'm inclined to say they make a lot of money off of car DLC after the fact. Plus they can iterate these games in two year cycles.

It seems like people are generally excited about this one. Forza 5 had a lot of issues that this is bringing the content level back up and adding rain/night and new career modes.

KingKong

I don't think I ever liked watching them play these kinds of racing games but then again I got bored actually playing them too

def sim

The series has to be doing well if they have two different forza franchises going. I just don't know if it's doing gran turismo like numbers.

But I also don't think GT is doing GT numbers anymore so I'm not sure what the sim racing genre is like right now.

Yeah, I think it's the genre itself that doesn't generate the excitement anymore. It's definitely still there if you look at the individual games' community, but it's not the same compared to early or mid 2000s.

We've had 3 forza games and not even a prologue for GT this gen. By now we at least had that weird free demo thing on the PS3.

Those guys must be learning how to slack off by hanging out with the team ico cats.

Myggen

We've had 3 forza games and not even a prologue for GT this gen. By now we at least had that weird free demo thing on the PS3.

Those guys must be learning how to slack off by hanging out with the team ico cats.

They're travelling the world recording car sounds and just hanging out.

Curufinwe

Sam is the most boring generic character in the game. The fact that she's inoffensive just makes her come off as so out of place compared to everyone else.

Commit all the way to being shitty if you're going to make all your characters shitty people. That was my only real complaint about the game.

Patrick took some heat for a recent Until Dawn article. I didn't read it cause I didn't want spoilers but he tweeted a lot about it this morning. Something about how the minority character is the least likable.

Does taking heat mean someone on twitter complained or was there actually negative feedback enmasse? If it's the former everything takes heat.

Curufinwe

It sounded like it was heat from people he actually respected, not just some jerkoffs ranting.

@patrickklepek: Hearing some welcomed criticism from folks about my Until Dawn piece from circles I greatly respect. Appreciate people being honest with me!

They released their last GT game less than 2 years ago.

def sim

That episode of Black Mirror that Brad is talking about, where watching ads rewards you, is pretty good. It's worth checking out.

qOBVjhn.png

They need Austin to do an article about the Star Citizen situation so they can read how misinformed they are about it. For example, Derek Smart is a possibly mentally unstable person who doesn't have two pennies to rub together let alone enough to fund a lawsuit.

Do I look that perverted to you..?

....I dunno. I *think* you have to get Snake to max dirtiness. That is, it's preceded by the scene where Ocelot forces you to shower. I dunno though, that's just my theory.

I want to show my girlfriend it to make her ashamed of her words and deeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom