• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sam is the most boring generic character in the game. The fact that she's inoffensive just makes her come off as so out of place compared to everyone else.

Commit all the way to being shitty if you're going to make all your characters shitty people. That was my only real complaint about the game.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Yeah, it was a spoiler. At least for me. I haven't played the game and have avoided the MGSV trailer threads, so having Austin give no warning sucks.

I had to search just to make sure it wasn't something I missed in the previous games and inadvertently spoiled myself on something else

:(

Copying my post from the Beastcast thread so that folks here see it too!

If I did this:

1. I don't remember doing it.

2. That's a hell of a thing since I haven't played MGS V yet.

3. If true, I definitely apologize! As someone who struggles to avoid spoilers while keeping an eye on the chat every time we do a Friday afternoon stream, I try to be pretty conscious about not dropping them myself!

I'm now tempted to go back and listen to the podcast and try to figure it out, but I'm worried I'll spoil myself somehow? What strange world we live in.

jgminto

I don't remember any big spoilers in the Beastcast and I'm about 20 missions into the campaign. What was the specific thing people had a problem with anyway? Someone tag it.

I don't remember any big spoilers in the Beastcast and I'm about 20 missions into the campaign. What was the specific thing people had a problem with anyway? Someone tag it.

that red hair gas mask kid might be psycho mantis

i dont even know if that's 100% true, just going off of what i remember the rumors were before the game's release.

Ken

i dont even know if that's 100% true, just going off of what i remember the rumors were before the game's release.

Dan says that in the MGSV trailer QL IIRC which I thought was a stretch and disregarded it as a danswer.

Maybe you confused the two or Austin got it from Dan.

jgminto

People really consider that a spoiler? A character that has been known about since the first trailer and appears in the first 20 minutes of the game wearing an outfit similar to a classic MGS character might be speculated to be same character.

So no spoilers then. This is the MGS equivalent of that Thanos nonsense.
People really consider that a spoiler? A character that has been known about since the first trailer and appears in the first 20 minutes of the game wearing an outfit similar to a classic MGS character might be speculated to be same character.
I hear that cowboy with a southern accent might be Revolver Ocelot.

I wondered what people were talking about when they mentioned MGS spoilers, if it's that then that was just the immediate place that everyone went with that character and it's also the obvious first guess when you encounter that character like 10 minutes into the game.

If I did this:

3. If true, I definitely apologize! As someone who struggles to avoid spoilers while keeping an eye on the chat every time we do a Friday afternoon stream, I try to be pretty conscious about not dropping them myself!

I'm now tempted to go back and listen to the podcast and try to figure it out, but I'm worried I'll spoil myself somehow? What strange world we live in.

Apologies!
After doing some further digging I found out it's something that I just wasn't aware of and not specific to MGSV This lead me down a hole. I won't say what it was because, well, it's dumb :p

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Bacon

Pick 4 current giantbomb members who would make the best podcast together.

I would go with:

Jeff
Dan
Vinny
Brad

If I did this:

It's ok Austin! If it's what I'm thinking about, that's been speculation for a year. Nothing big to worry about.

Also, Alex confirms they'll continue Until Dawn!

I just remembered that last time Austin posted here he dropped a hint about some Tabletop content, if I wait long enough I'm sure he'll post another hint.

Pick 4 current giantbomb members who would make the best podcast together.

I would go with:

Jeff
Dan
Vinny
Brad

Vinny
Austin
Alex
Jeff B

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That Until Dawn video looks like it's running at 15-20 fps. I've played it myself and in actuality runs much better than it looks on this video.

That Until Dawn video looks like it's running at 15-20 fps. I've played it myself and in actuality runs much better than it looks on this video.

The stream? If so, then yeah, it looked weird. It may have been an issue with the stream running at 60 and the game at ~30?

This looks like a good UPF game...

er6MhYM.jpg

http://kennysun.itch.io/circa-infinity-demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQKeNF8ph8E

Someone get this info to them now!

So you're telling me that f1 games have always being boring as shit

This must be coming as a shock to us all. It certainly is taking me by surprise.

Edit: actually that German race thing Danny and drew did was kinda alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom