• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZips

Has Drew (or someone) not been able to play The Phantom Pain yet? Is that why they were really going ham on the praise?

Has Drew (or someone) not been able to play The Phantom Pain yet? Is that why they were really going ham on the praise?

Probably. The praise part is probably true because Drew mentioned they wouldn't stop talking about it, but Drews waiting for MGScanlon 5.

Dan don't let him suffer, record soon~!

Drew said he didn't want to record close to release. My guess is we've got 2-3 weeks before episode 1.

Well, it'd probably be beneficial for them to hold the episodes and stagger the release since some big holidays are coming up.

I just...I want Drew to be able to conversate with them. :(

AcridMeat

Banned
Edit: Megasphere did look really cool. Hopefully it comes together.
Well, it'd probably be beneficial for them to hold the episodes and stagger the release since some big holidays are coming up.

I just...I want Drew to be able to conversate with them. :(
I agree, I think it would have been better if they had recorded now and staggered episodes out so he could at least participate in conversations while everyone in the office is hot on it.

It's funny because there's really not much to spoil in the first hours of the game. Especially if he doesn't get to the tapes right away.

Alright, I played a couple of hours of mgsv and I see the light. Kojima putting the majority of the story in cassettes seems like a smart way to still have a bunch of story without forcing it down people's throats ala mgs4.

Also, I just fulton'd a
puppy
. I haven't played the witcher 3 yet but so far this is is gonna make some lists yo.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"Please steal X stealthily while it's surrounded by giant tanks that kill you in 2 hits." Thanks Kojima.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was watching the LGR video on the Valve Vive and he talks about how the setup requires a 15 by 15 room that's completely empty with two seperate cameras on each corner of the room.

Who the fuck is this VR shit for. That sounds even more of an insane starting point than the Kinect was.

I was watching the LGR video on the Valve Vive and he talks about how the setup requires a 15 by 15 room that's completely empty with two seperate cameras on each corner of the room.

Who the fuck is this VR shit for. That sounds even more of an insane starting point than the Kinect was.
The vive shit makes no sense to me. It's the kinect of VR, requiring too much and being limited all at the same time

daydream

Banned
vinny attached a note to the video. new version is the stream archive so it's not downloadable, vinny will fix the recording when he's back in the office

on a similar note, the gb servers have been super flimsy for me when trying to download videos

So Vinny likes the Until Dawn theme song huh...... Does anyone agree? I felt like someone tried to evoke Silent Hill and then put some hippy poetry over it. Oooo Deathhhhh

vinny attached a note to the video. new version is the stream archive so it's not downloadable, vinny will fix the recording when he's back in the office

on a similar note, the gb servers have been super flimsy for me when trying to download videos

I was just about to ask about the Until Dawn video, but this answers my question.

Good job, daydream.

Edit: GB is QLing Shadowrun: Hong Kong! All right! I wonder who's at the helm? I'd guess either Austin or Rorie.

I was just about to ask about the Until Dawn video, but this answers my question.

Good job, daydream.

Edit: GB is QLing Shadowrun: Hong Kong! All right! I wonder who's at the helm? I'd guess either Austin or Rorie.

I'd guess Austin, on twitter he posted a list that said he'd already started playing it. Though it could be Jason as he played the last two.

Hopefully the quicklook will encourage more people to check it out because it's one of the more enjoyable games I've played this year.

erawsd

Alright, I played a couple of hours of mgsv and I see the light. Kojima putting the majority of the story in cassettes seems like a smart way to still have a bunch of story without forcing it down people's throats ala mgs4.

Also, I just fulton'd a
puppy
. I haven't played the witcher 3 yet but so far this is is gonna make some lists yo.

I've been at it around 20hrs and I still don't like it (the tapes, the game part of it is amazing). On one hand I find it annoying because mission updates and dialogue just plays right on top of it, so I end up having to stop the tape, rewind, and listen again. Which, unless I've missed something, is also annoying since there's no way to pause without menu diving. Besides that I just find it difficult to listen to them while I'm doing anything besides traveling, today I sat and ate dinner while a bunch of them played through.

That said, the game plays so good that its a minor gripe at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom