• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the gender on my Giant Bomb profile and made a comment insinuating I was female to get the achievement for the number of profile views. People used different strategies for that stuff.

It was a chaotic mess. Fun, though.

That's a pretty great way to game the system.

Unfortunately everyone else also have to play every other game that comes out this year, plus half of them haven't finished the Witcher 3 yet.
I think you mean none of them.

Patryn

He heard Pattrick made 300 bucks on his youtube channel and now we got this. Coincidence??

More like I get the feeling that CBSi and YouTube Gaming are close. I can see them signing an exclusive deal in the near future.

There's a reason they had a bunch of Gamespot people hosting shows for YouTube gaming during PAX.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the UPF Archive...

Great missed opportunity from Jason to put the Pacman championship edition ex main menu music.

Edit: Ah... PacMan Fever lol

More like I get the feeling that CBSi and YouTube Gaming are close. I can see them signing an exclusive deal in the near future.

There's a reason they had a bunch of Gamespot people hosting shows for YouTube gaming during PAX.

Youtube Gaming is super agressive with their marketing. It really looks like EVERYBODY dumped Twitch overnight a couple of months ago.

kingocfs

Loved the inside baseball ad talk on the Beastcast. Vinny not even knowing whether or not they make money on their ads says it all about Internet advertising in 2015.

Lunar FC

Finally finished the PAX panel. Glad Vinny shut down the crazy people who want to force their kids to play through the evolution of video games.

Frenden

Banned
I changed the gender on my Giant Bomb profile and made a comment insinuating I was female to get the achievement for the number of profile views. People used different strategies for that stuff.

It was a chaotic mess. Fun, though.

Edit: Seeing that office video again is nice. Made me remember AHR. The Whiskey Media: Happy Hour was an interesting thing, other than the Comic Vine segments.

I got the First achievement on my first post to the site. It was awesome.

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished the Beastcast... Someone needs to photoshop's Bakular's face on the Jurassic World Raptor Chris Pratt picture.

When Patrick played Dangan Ronpa did he ever do some sort of spoiler cast equivalent, or even talk about the story without avoiding spoilers?

I know he talked about it spoiler free on a few episodes of Bombing and also talked about it vaguely during GOTY but I'm playing it now and would be interested to go back and listen to his reactions if such a thing exists.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just finished the Beastcast... Someone needs to photoshop's Bakular's face on the Jurassic World Raptor Chris Pratt picture.

CQ7aFtJ.png

yami4ct

Horse shit destroyed Splatoon's chances for GOTY sorry Nintendo maybe next year

My predictions: Alex will give Splatoon a fight, but will give in too early. Vinny may do a similar fight for Until Dawn. Just Cause 3 vs Metal Gear will be the big fight unless Fallout 4 is mind blowing (which given the info out, I don't think it will be). Just Cause 3 will win out because it'll have more people fighting hard, whereas MGS5 will have Dan and maybe Drew. Mario Maker will end up higher than Splatoon, but won't come close to winning.

Persona 5 will be the true GOTY (in Atlus we trust), but will go unappreciated as no one will take the time to actually play it since it'll launch too close to the awards and be too long.

oti

Banned
My predictions: Alex will give Splatoon a fight, but will give in too early. Vinny may do a similar fight for Until Dawn. Just Cause 3 vs Metal Gear will be the big fight unless Fallout 4 is mind blowing (which given the info out, I don't think it will be). Just Cause 3 will win out because it'll have more people fighting hard, whereas MGS5 will have Dan and maybe Drew. Mario Maker will end up higher than Splatoon, but won't come close to winning.

Persona 5 will be the true GOTY (in Atlus we trust), but will go unappreciated as no one will take the time to actually play it since it'll launch too close to the awards and be too long.

Alex, 5 minutes in: "I will fight for Splatoon until the very end."
Alex, 7 minutes in: "Ok you know what Splatoon won't win so fuck that game."

yami4ct

Alex, 5 minutes in: "I will fight for Splatoon until the very end."
Alex, 7 minutes in: "Ok you know what Splatoon won't win so fuck that game."

I think he'll fight enough to get Splatoon on the list, but will settle for the 7-8 place range when he could possibly fight it into the 3-5 range if he wanted to.

oti

Banned
I think he'll fight enough to get Splatoon on the list, but will settle for the 7-8 place range when he could possibly fight it into the 3-5 range if he wanted to.

They all like the game, it's something really unique and completely new from Nintendo. Brad will find a way to kill it off though. Top 5 max is my prediction.

yami4ct

They all like the game, it's something really unique and completely new from Nintendo. Brad will find a way to kill it off though. Top 5 max is my prediction.

I think Mario Maker will push it out of the top 5 to be honest. Everyone likes Splatoon, but Alex is the only one to love it and he's not a big fighter. Brad, Jeff and Dan already seem to like Mario Maker more than Splatoon and I doubt they'll consider more than 1 nintendo game in the top 5. My bet is we see some combination of MGS, Mario Maker, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4 and maybe an indie dark horse (spearheaded by Austin? Maybe Galak-Z?) as our top 5 this year.

Tubobutts

I think Mario Maker will push it out of the top 5 to be honest. Everyone likes Splatoon, but Alex is the only one to love it and he's not a big fighter. Brad, Jeff and Dan already seem to like Mario Maker more than Splatoon and I doubt they'll consider more than 1 nintendo game in the top 5. My bet is we see some combination of MGS, Mario Maker, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4 and maybe an indie dark horse (spearheaded by Austin? Maybe Galak-Z?) as our top 5 this year.

No Witcher 3?

jgminto

Maybe I'm overly sceptical but I don't see Just Cause 3 taking the top spot. Just Cause 2 was fun for a while but there wasn't actually much enjoyable stuff to do after you got over the novelty of the explosions and I don't see it lasting another game if they can't create engaging missions.

yami4ct

No Witcher 3?

Not in the Top 5. Dan is the only one that finished it and he will be too busy fighting for MGS. Brad will hold it back by throwing in a bunch of shade against the movement.

Maybe I'm overly sceptical but I don't see Just Cause 3 taking the top spot. Just Cause 2 was fun for a while but there wasn't actually much enjoyable stuff to do after you got over the novelty of the explosions and I don't see it lasting another game if they can't create engaging missions.

I think they elevated the stupid enough that the crew will still get one more game of huge enjoyment out of it. Also, it'll be coming out closest to the Awards and I think they'll be still be super high on it. Won't have enough time passed for their opinions to cool.

yami4ct

I would love it if something like Rocket League beats all these AAA games for GOTY.

Oh shit, Rocket League. Rocket League won't get GOTY I don't think, but it's definitely Top 5. One of the few games almost the entire staff played. I was gonna say Axiom Verge makes it, but I think there's enough anti-MetroidVania sentiment among a few staff members that they'll keep it out of Top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom