• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is going to remember Splatoon on GB

P63GZF9.png

If P5 doesn't win best Styleeeeee then GBGOTY is a sham.

Superhot has all the style.

dammit brehs I hit a game-breaking bug in TPP that might force me to restart completely ;_;

You post this everywhere but without any details it means nothing to anyone. (Obviously spoiler it if's in some critical part of the game.)

My sympathies, all the same.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The quickness with which Max eats corpse maggots makes me think he has definitely eaten a human being before.

In the game he just scarfs everything down. You'd expect him to kind of gag or puke sometimes but nope. Shove that dog food and corpse maggots down your throat.

kai3345

Banned
You post this everywhere but without any details it means nothing to anyone. (Obviously spoiler it if's in some critical part of the game.)

My sympathies, all the same.

i misposted this in the MGS OT thinking it was this thread

When I start my save it goes straight into a loading screen, and then crashes before finishing the load

Currently re-installing to see if that fixes it but I don't know if I'm emotionally prepared to erase my save D:

i misposted this in the MGS OT thinking it was this thread

When I start my save it goes straight into a loading screen, and then crashes before finishing the load

Currently re-installing to see if that fixes it but I don't know if I'm emotionally prepared to erase my save D:

Well that sucks. I dunno that I'd ever want to play through the tutorial again.

Maybe check for back-up saves? Dunno if that's even possible on non-PC, but worth a check at the very least.
The quickness with which Max eats corpse maggots makes me think he has definitely eaten a human being before.

In the game he just scarfs everything down. You'd expect him to kind of gag or puke sometimes but nope. Shove that dog food and corpse maggots down your throat.
The Mad Max world sorta sucks. It's probably like a treat compared to most of what's going on in there.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't want to post in the MGS5 OT due to potential spoiler bombs. How many main missions is there?

yeah when the missions to capture the legendary gunsmith show up, take them if you know what's good for you

Seriously. All that stuff is awesome. Really excited to play the game now.

But yeah. the game has finally clicked for me. I've imposed some restrictions on myself, i.e., I can only use lethal weapons, and if I want to fulton someone, I have to sneak up on them and CQC them. Makes the game a lot more fun for me than just tranqing everyone I come across.

William

No idea why the staff and fans care so much about GOTY stuff. I wish GB would change their format for that. Keep the zany videos but just do staff picks for their featured games or something. They make such a big deal out of it, but with their frank openness from their yearly debate podcasts they have proven it is almost an entirely meaningless award.

PBalfredo

No idea why the staff and fans care so much about GOTY stuff. I wish GB would change their format for that. Keep the zany videos but just do staff picks for their featured games or something. They make such a big deal out of it, but with their frank openness from their yearly debate podcasts they have proven it is almost an entirely meaningless award.

The meaning isn't in the award, it's in the debate itself.

Rainmaker

Banned

It's about the banter and it's absolutely fun to listen to. No award really means anything. You get these different personalities that you know well in a room and they go at it. Good times.

They will have a hard time finding a "Most Disappointing" game this year - unless something big goes wrong with Just Cause 3, Fallout 4 or something else. Sure, The Order: 1886 was horrible, but no was hyped enough for that to be disappointed. Maybe Hotline Miami 2?

They will have a hard time finding a "Most Disappointing" game this year - unless something big goes wrong with Just Cause 3, Fallout 4 or something else. Sure, The Order: 1886 was horrible, but no was hyped enough for that to be disappointed. Maybe Hotline Miami 2?

Arkham Knight has it on lock right now.

yami4ct

It will have to fight through Splatoon for the top spot.

Stay fresh!

Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooly World runner ups. Persona 5 win. I see no other way forward.

what the hell are you talking about.

FO4 looks amazing

Not really. I played over 100 hours of Fallout 3 and FO4 looks to be more of the same. If that's the case, I don't really want it. I've had enough of that style of game after I played around 40 hours of Skyrim. If Bethesda haven't stepped up their writing and gameplay, I think reviewers will walk away disappointed. Especially in a year TW3 came out.

I'm certain a lot of diehard FO3 fans will enjoy it, but I think the bar is also substantially higher for open world games in the general audience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure it'll be Arkham Knight despite that being far better than City.

yami4ct

You say another. May I ask what the first was?

Reminder that Skyrim doesn't count, as GB gave it GOTY.

Skyrim may not count as a dud in GB's book, and that's fine. It's certainly one in mine.

It's definitely a hard category. Hotline Miami 2 is a pretty good one. Batman is fine when it works. It's better than city, but worse than asylum. Not disappointing, but just OK. Xenoblade is shaping up to take that award for me, but I don't think any of the GB crowd was hyped for it anyway. Massive Chalice and Broken Age seem like they were duds for their respective audiences, but I don't think the GB crew was all that hyped for those. Broken Age might show up in the debate because Brad seemed pretty down on Part 2, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Batmobile and pared down challenge rooms and huge reduction in playable characters and shitty PC port and... other stuff makes this literally impossible.

The Batmobile should win most overblown complaint of 2015, for sure. The Batmobile at its worse was nowhere near as invasive or terrible as the horse in The Witcher 3.
It has more playable characters than the last game. The last game which locked the playable character in the story behind New copies
Is that why Skyrim, a terrible PS3 port, won GOTY?

PBalfredo

I don't see Batman fatigue translating into Most Disappointing.

The situation is less "Most Disappointing" and more "Exactly What You Expected" for better or worse.

The Batmobile should win most overblown complaint of 2015, for sure. The Batmobile at its worse was nowhere near as invasive or terrible as the horse in The Witcher 3.
It has more playable characters than the last game. The last game which locked the playable character in the story behind New copies
Is that why Skyrim, a terrible PS3 port, won GOTY?

The amount of design contrivances to make the Batmobile work mean its presence can never be forgotten. The Witcher 3 is only guilty of those horrible races, a tiny chunk of a huge, wonderful game; Roach himself is fine, no worse than D-Horse in Everybody's Favourite Game right now.

And as I recall Skyrim PS3 specifically received no awards.

William

It's about the banter and it's absolutely fun to listen to. No award really means anything. You get these different personalities that you know well in a room and they go at it. Good times.

Yep that is fair - If people enjoy the podcasts I suppose they should carry it on, I'm sure the end of the year stuff is some of their most popular stuff. I really like the round up videos they do but I've never enjoyed the debates sadly.

yami4ct

Yep that is fair - If people enjoy the podcasts I suppose they should carry it on, I'm sure the end of the year stuff is some of their most popular stuff. I really like the round up videos they do but I've never enjoyed the debates sadly.

I love the debates, but they can definitely vary heavily in quality depending on the year. Saint's Row 3 vs Skyrim was legendary (even if they got it wrong). They can be terrible, though. Brad just digging his heels in for Destiny was almost unlistenable.

BearPawB

Banned
I am sorry but if your argument for why Fallout 4 will be bad is that you played too much of Fallout 3, your argument means nothing to me.

Then you add to that disliking Skyrim and I really don't even understand.

Like, I get that you personally don't necessarily want to play it, but how that speaks to the quality of the game I have no idea.

Saying it "is more of the same" is the lamest of all sequel criticism.

PBalfredo

I love the debates, but they can definitely vary heavily in quality depending on the year. Saint's Row 3 vs Skyrim was legendary (even if they got it wrong). They can be terrible, though. Brad just digging his heels in for Destiny was almost unlistenable.

That debate gave us one of the best Jeff rants, though

yami4ct

I am sorry but if your argument for why Fallout 4 will be bad is that you played too much of Fallout 3, your argument means nothing to me.

Then you add to that disliking Skyrim and I really don't even understand.

Like, I get that you personally don't necessarily want to play it, but how that speaks to the quality of the game I have no idea.

Saying it "is more of the same" is the lamest of all sequel criticism.

When the bar has been raised for the genre in general, being more of the same is a legit criticism.

FO4 isn't even more of the same, though. It's going to be a Minecraft/Bioware RPG/Bethesda Open World monstrosity with shooting peppered throughout. And, apparently, featuring cross-platform mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom