• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

It took me a while to realize you can make the guards talk while holding them up, same as if you grabbed them. You can tell them to lay down, too, and they'll stay there as long as another guard doesn't find them.

Oh, I didn't know they would stay down there for that long. Dang, that's going to be super useful.

yeah that's news to me too.

I'm also like 22 hours in and have only done about 13 story missions

also I just learned about the carboard box fast travel. wtf.

def sim

Well, it's not quite as useful as knocking them out because they'll also get up if the enemies go into full-on gunfight alert mode.

That never happens when I play.
VhOW8ZC.gif

So far, I've been spending my Sunday morning downloading tracks for my MGSV chopper. Oh geez.

demidar

yeah that's news to me too.

I'm also like 22 hours in and have only done about 13 story missions

also I just learned about the carboard box fast travel. wtf.

I just learnt you can attach posters you pick up to the cardboard box by pressing X/Square while having it highlighted in your item wheel.

I thought it was something you had to research but it was there all along...

No. If you kill everyone in a base, you get an emblem to customize your logo with. The bases get repopulated eventually, but you aren't fighting endless waves of guys.
Or you can just tranq and fulton everybody. It's like an entire base just vanishes. Making your own creepypasta can be fun.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
it's kinda weird how the sneaking suit makes you way sneakier even though it doesn't blend in with the environment at all

but it looks like the MGS1 suit so it's still cool

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Every time I go to Jeff's Twitter page, I read his bio as "I've been wrong about video games for my entire adult life. It would be insane to stop now."

Patryn

It took Jeff mentioning it for me to realize that the blurred shirt is supposed to be parodying all the brands being censored in rap videos.

I thought it was some joke about low res videos.

It took Jeff mentioning it for me to realize that the blurred shirt is supposed to be parodying all the brands being censored in rap videos.

I thought it was some joke about low res videos.

Yeah it's because they smoke weed and the weed smoke blurs the logos.

it's kinda weird how the sneaking suit makes you way sneakier even though it doesn't blend in with the environment at all

but it looks like the MGS1 suit so it's still cool

Sneaking suit makes you easier to spot during daytime. Crawling and rolling help with visibility to where I can't bother calling in camo patterns or approaching at night.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sneaking suit makes you easier to spot during daytime. Crawling and rolling help with visibility to where I can't bother calling in camo patterns or approaching at night.

if I'm taking an outpost or a big base I'll usually go in at night anyway. bringing D-Dog with me to mark all the enemies and supplies helps a ton too.

Oh shit, the idea of supply dropping camo never occurred to me.

same here. kinda crazy how deep this game is.

Patryn

Listening to this again has made me realise how much I enjoy these podcasts. The debate vs TW3 vs Fallout 4 should be very, very interesting.

I don't think The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 has a shot at winning GOTY. Only one staff member managed to stick with Witcher all the way to the end, and I suspect Fallout 4 will fall to Bethesda fatigue and lackluster graphics.

They'll place, but they won't be in the final debate.

I wish regular camo was changeable on the fly without calling in an air drop. Like you would only need a supply drop if you were changing into sneaking suit or battle dress. As gamey as it is, a camo index would help greatly in identifying which camo is good on what surfaces and grasses. Camo descriptions are pretty vague.

Listening to this again has made me realise how much I enjoy these podcasts. The debate vs TW3 vs Fallout 4 should be very, very interesting.

Sadly, I think no one will finish TW3 and Fallout will be too new for it to be a very good discussion. I think everyone will be so high on Fallout since it just came out that it will skew the discussion to just praising Fallout.

That's one of the biggest problems I have with GOTY deliberations and end of the year release games. I don't think you could judge games appropriately when they JUST came out. You need time to let the game breathe and have finish it. Look at something like GTA4, if that came out at the end of the year, everyone would have given it GOTY. But because it came out earlier, everyone cooled on it and saw it for what it truly was and people's judgments weren't hindered because of the newness of the game.

Red UFO

Sadly, I think no one will finish TW3 and Fallout will be too new for it to be a very good discussion. I think everyone will be so high on Fallout since it just came out that it will skew the discussion to just praising Fallout.

That's one of the biggest problems I have with GOTY deliberations and end of the year release games. I don't think you could judge games appropriately when they JUST came out. You need time to let the game breathe and have finish it. Look at something like GTA4, if that came out at the end of the year, everyone would have given it GOTY. But because it came out earlier, everyone cooled on it and saw it for what it truly was and people's judgments weren't hindered because of the newness of the game.
Oscar candidate films come out close to the oscar's. This is nothing new.

i've put 30 hours into MGSV and have only completed like 13 story missions

halp

That game is pretty awesome. It plays so well. Though I did ragequit earlier because I got myself into a really bad position in mission 9, I think it was and couldn't advance further. (
The mission where you take out the two tanks with the guy in the truck in the middle, the game checkpointed when I had no more C4 and my grenade launcher was almost empty
)

Ketch

That game is pretty awesome. It plays so well. Though I did ragequit earlier because I got myself into a really bad position in mission 9, I think it was and couldn't advance further. (
The mission where you take out the two tanks with the guy in the truck in the middle, the game checkpointed when I had no more C4 and my grenade launcher was almost empty
)

Edit2: nvm, after reading that tag I'll let you have this one.

I'm so sorry bro.

kai3345

Banned
)

supply drops, fam

Heimbeck

Banned

I suspect Jeff and Brad will shit all over The Witcher, just to put some shit game like time clickers in the top 10 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom