• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
i know it's probably not a game for gb as a whole but austin would probably really, really enjoy little battlers experience on 3ds

it's like custom robo/gotcha force/medabots, charmingly produced by level-5, with some definite depth to the customisation and combat. it's hella anime, too.

That game is pretty awesome. It plays so well. Though I did ragequit earlier because I got myself into a really bad position in mission 9, I think it was and couldn't advance further. (
The mission where you take out the two tanks with the guy in the truck in the middle, the game checkpointed when I had no more C4 and my grenade launcher was almost empty
)
Mortars. I mortar'd the shit out of the road.

Patryn

I suspect Jeff and Brad will shit all over The Witcher, just to put some shit game like time clickers in the top 10 or something.

Jeff has been very up front about his not liking The Witcher.

If he enjoys Time Clickers more, why shouldn't he put it forward?

Regardless, the only place you'll see Time Clickers on the lists is Best Clicker, which will undoubtedly be a category.

I think MGSV will win goty. Most of the staff is high on it(jeff, brad, dan, maybe Jason), itll probably be the only new game Drew gets alot of time in because of the feature. That leaves Vin Alwx and Austin. I think Austin will like it because of the management aspects but will take away points for how some things are portrayed. The gameplay will be right up Vinnys alley. Alex is the wild card.

Thats my predictions.

Trying to go a full no kill run and being bad at stealth is a bad combination. The CQC takedowns feel great when done correctly though. At one point I did CQC on an entire outpost in combat alert mode and somehow didn't die. Then I went on a fulton spree to celebrate.

Myggen

I'm looking forward to the trainwreck that will be the GB GOTY GAF thread! The Witcher stuff alone will probably generate 50 pages of posts. A big part of my enjoyment of their GOTY stuff comes from following that thread.

I'm looking forward to the trainwreck that will be the GB GOTY GAF thread! The Witcher stuff alone will probably generate 50 pages of posts.
I'll be the first to say it.

They gave it to skyrim but not the witcher 3? Tw3 got robbed! Those guys are jaded! They don't play video games any more! Why would anyone listen to them!?!?

There, that's half the thread for you. Done.

this is my current helicopter music and it really adds the right flavor to the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhMjzfg6-k

I didn't expect to sit through that but here we are, it seems like pretty good choice. I've actually been wondering if there is any JPop in the game already.

I'm looking forward to the trainwreck that will be the GB GOTY GAF thread! The Witcher stuff alone will probably generate 50 pages of posts. A big part of my enjoyment of their GOTY stuff comes from following that thread.

I want The Taken King to knock the Witcher off the list, it would be beautiful.

BG GOTY 2015:

Top 3

3. Dota 2 (Brad will make some case for it being the best because people like watching it "ESPORTS!!!!")
2. Time Clickers (Dan will say "It feels really good when you click on stuff" & Jeff will say "Cheating and not playing the game is the best part of playing it" )
1. Destiny (Because "the shooting is good" despite the rest of the game being 100% confirmed garbage)

JonCha

Irrelevant debate when MGSV will win GOTY.

Hardly since the discussions around where games place takes as long as deciding the actual Game of the Year. Part of why I enjoy the podcasts so much is to listen to everyone's opinions on the games, not what they consider to be the best game of the year.

And to clarify, I wasn't suggesting TW3 and Fallout would get GOTY. I just thought it'd be interesting to see which RPG they think is better but, like others have said, if most haven't even finished The Witcher then that discussion may not happen.

jgminto

MGSV feels like the first game where holding up is actually a worthwhile mechanic. Especially since aim and shoot are on different buttons. You can get intel, guard locations, item locations, and targets laying down is the best way to guarantee they don't get up. Even though that part doesn't make much sense.

Question for the thread: D-Dog or Quiet?
Holding up was always worthwhile since if you threw them to the ground and held them up they would stay down like this game. I think that's been the case since 3.

Anjin M

I still haven't called keyser out on how great the mgsv port on PC is.
Your restraint is the stuff of legend.

I'll be the first to say it.

They gave it to skyrim but not the witcher 3? Tw3 got robbed! Those guys are jaded! They don't play video games any more! Why would anyone listen to them!?!?

There, that's half the thread for you. Done.
If you don't use this at year end, I will.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
the gb video player oh my fucking GOD
cBj1LTf.png
They actually default to the youtube player now for new members, I thought that's kinda crazy: http://jeff.zone/post/128410252146/so-we-all-know-the-video-player-has-problems-now

jgminto

This is my new favourite thing in MGSV. With my upgraded run speed I can run slightly faster than vehicles so in missions where I'm meant to take out convoys I now run up behind them and Fulton them without them even realising. Don't even need explosives!

jgminto

D-Dog if you want easy mode, Quiet if you like enjoy humming.
Quiet with a suppressor is way more easy mode, you barely even need to shoot if you don't want to. I only use D-Dog for hunting missions and others where sniffing out non-humans is useful.

Ken

Quiet with a suppressor is way more easy mode, you barely even need to shoot if you don't want to. I only use D-Dog for hunting missions and others where sniffing out non-humans is useful.

No joke. She captures outposts on her own now.

mostly I'm just disappointed that they picked the most obvious and overrated Joy Division song

how about Transmission or Disorder or Isolation or something

This is my new favourite thing in MGSV. With my upgraded run speed I can run slightly faster than vehicles so in missions where I'm meant to take out convoys I now run up behind them and Fulton them without them even realising. Don't even need explosives!

How do you upgrade your run speed?

it's kind of idiotic how hidden and missable that is

but yea, probably go back to base every other mission or so just to check on things and shower

Yup, it's not exactly a small thing either. I've been digging around more as the base grows but I've not found anything story related like that yet which is a shame, though I have enjoyed going back every now and then to shower and see how the base has expanded.

I don't know what to think about that Medical Platform thing... we'll see where it goes.
I'm going to say it goes nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom