• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just developed the water gun

so now i run around knocking out mother base soldiers and spraying their crotches while they're passed out to make it look like they peed themselves

a weapon...to surpass metal gear

I found out about all the crazy things you can do with the water gun after I finished the game. Wish I got it earlier. It's insanely useful.

Joeku

You lose anything after your last checkpoint save. Thankfully checkpoints happen pretty frequently so if you travel a bit after cleaning up you'll trigger a new save and can go back to the ACC without losing anything.

Unless I'm misreading I think you're wrong here. Anything mission progress-related, yeah, you lose. But anything you've fultoned (and had Kaz say "Yup, we got this truck, bro," will read as "added to base" when the game fades to black between the ground and ACC.

Wow, Disney Infinity looks a lot nicer than I expected. I'd never really seen it, looks sharp graphically and gameplay seems tight as well.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wow, Disney Infinity looks a lot nicer than I expected. I'd never really seen it, looks sharp graphically and gameplay seems tight as well.
I really couldn't make sense of the gameplay tbh. I'm still scratching my head at the point of the game other than making a mashup of characters and environments.

It is sharp looking. I'll tell you what.

Myggen

The presentation has improved immensly since it first came out. I went back and watched a few minutes of the 1.0 QL they did, and it's night and day compared to that version.

daydream

Banned
can't wait for more until dawn, seems like a cool game

#teens

personal suspicion about killer:
i feel like there's at least two different guys, the flamethrower dude and the knife man. also, how obvious is it that josh is out for revenge? dude's clearly super evil

can't wait for more until dawn, seems like a cool game

#teens

personal suspicion about killer:
i feel like there's at least two different guys, the flamethrower dude and the knife man. also, how obvious is it that josh is out for revenge? dude's clearly super evil

It seems super obvious to me (but not so obvious that it's a red herring) who the killer is, so I agree with that part of your conclusion.

*super basic juggling moves and button mashing*
"We're really starting to see the fruition of Ninja Theory's involvement"
Yep

Just roll your eyes and move on. It's the only way I can handle it.

Jason, what exactly do you do down here?

14zZC3Xh.jpg

Just did an 8 hour marathon session of mgsv and I only finished 3 main missions, two of which I stumbled upon purely by accident while trying to finish side ops.

I'm never going to finish this game.

Just did an 8 hour marathon session of mgsv and I only finished 3 main missions, two of which I stumbled upon purely by accident while trying to finish side ops.

The early game is the slowest part, it ramps up much more quickly later on. Though even then it took me 45+ hours to beat every mission.

tchocky

I have put in 75 hours now and am only on mission 30 with 50% of side ops done.

Jintor

Only? You're near the end of the game and have done 70-80 side ops.

ehhhhhh i dunno how long the second end of the game is gonna take though. Hopefully I'm close. I dunno what mission I'm on anymore though because they started slotting in [EXTREME] old missions that take up mission numbers, though thankfully you don't actually have to do them yet.

I'm going to be playing and replaying MGSV forever just to do these extra objectives lol

Yes, I've finished the game.
There are only a few new missions in chapter 2.

Near the end? I'm on mission 30-31 as well and the records screen says that I'm only 60% done the story with 18 missions left. Or does something weird happen?
The percentage isn't really a good indicator of how much is left. I did every single main mission and finished with a percentage in the 60s.

KingKong

finished MGS5, thats gonna be some divisive stuff. real gameplay vs story kind of debates. excited to watch Drew play it though

Toparaman

Banned

I feel you dawg. I'm averaging 2 hours per mission here (just finished episode 6), that is including all the stuff in between missions. I'm loving it though, apart from the occasional sparse checkpoints. Episode 5 in particular was the most frustrated I've ever been in a Metal Gear game, because I kept getting sent to the beginning of the episode after dying, even though I already reached the guy to extract. I felt like Drew.

hamchan

finished MGS5, thats gonna be some divisive stuff. real gameplay vs story kind of debates. excited to watch Drew play it though

Yep. Finishing it I was thinking about Dan saying he "mostly plays it for the story", though he seems to be liking it just fine.

Lelcar

The percentage isn't really a good indicator of how much is left. I did every single main mission and finished with a percentage in the 60s.
I mean story mission percent specifically, not the overall percent, also with 18 slots left for missions. Should be quite a bit to go, no?

daydream

Banned
It seems super obvious to me (but not so obvious that it's a red herring) who the killer is, so I agree with that part of your conclusion.

it's so obvious, i really don't know why they guys didn't comment on it

anyway, i played the project mirai demo. let's just say i don't know why anyone would pay money for that game except if he/she was, like, a huge puyo puyo fan. that rhythm game they put in there as a side attraction is roooouugh

I kind of want to just know the rest of the MGSV story but the thought of being less than half done with the story missions is kind of dragging on me. I'm going through real ebbs and flows with my appreciation for this game, and it's frustrating.

it's so obvious, i really don't know why they guys didn't comment on it

anyway, i played the project mirai demo. let's just say i don't know why anyone would pay money for that game except if he/she was, like, a huge puyo puyo fan. that rhythm game they put in there as a side attraction is roooouugh

Even if you don't like the game, you should at least check out the three Mikudayo videos Sega put up on Youtube to promote the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom