• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hotline Miami 2 was pretty disappointing to me.

Dunno what I expected though.

Also because I bought it on vita and I hate the controls.

convo

Now wait a second since MGS5 is going to be played on the site, does this not mean there won't be a review?
Jeff said after the P4-endurance run that a review of the game would not make sense anymore..., but that was a long time ago by this point so i don't know what's up with that.

danm999

Doubt it will be on the Most Dissappointing since most of them that still work there weren't thrilled about Hotline Miami 1's gameplay either.

hamchan

Doubt it will be on the Most Dissappointing since most of them that still work there weren't thrilled about Hotline Miami 1's gameplay either.

Alex will fight for it. He gave HM1 a 5/5 and HM2 a 3/5.

That's two whole stars worth of disappointment!

convo

Thanks for the spoilers, now I have no reason to keep playing it.

*getting played like a fiddle intensifies*

Lol at brad not recognizing what a kojima game is at this point. But i guess PW was such a huge influence on things people never played through with its conclusion. I don't even know what people keep bitching about the cut content, but i am certain people will retroactively call it the worst game in existence because why that's what people like to do.

danm999

Shadowrun Hong Kong QL incoming!

That's gotta be GBEast right? Or a dark horse Jason/Rorie pairing or something?

Alex will fight for it. He gave HM1 a 5/5 and HM2 a 3/5.

That's two whole stars worth of disappointment!

Guess it depends on the competition then.

Which is what; the Order (but did anyone think that game would be great on staff) and Arkham Knight?

Heimbeck

Banned
Now wait a second since MGS5 is going to be played on the site, does this not mean there won't be a review?
Jeff said after the P4-endurance run that a review of the game would not make sense anymore..., but that was a long time ago by this point so i don't know what's up with that.

I thought Brad was going to do a review, he has finished it now.

MGSV for most disappointing and game of the year. Brad will gamble this to get DotA 2 into the list again.
Shadowrun Hong Kong QL incoming!

That's gotta be GBEast right? Or a dark horse Jason/Rorie pairing or something?

The overwhelming consensus is that it will be GBEast with Austin as host.

Jothel

took out
quiet
with the
tranq gun
pretty proud of myself

The cutscenes of Quiet and Boss together are hilarious. Two mute characters but only one is mute by design.

Zaph

Yes, MGSV is very good, but every time someone mentions it, half the bloody page turns into a spoiler minefield.

Would it kill you guys to use one of the like seven threads in gaming?

AcridMeat

Banned
Much different circumstances. Persona 4's ER happened well after the game came out. (6 months?)

As someone mentioned, Brad is doing the review for it.

4/5 Shoemaker will strike again. I feel it in my bones.
Yes, MGSV is very good, but every time someone mentions it, half the bloody page turns into a spoiler minefield.

Would it kill you guys to use one of the like seven threads in gaming?

Everyone is desperate to discuss spoilers without being spoiled themselves.

...A vicious cycle, indeed.

Volotaire

As someone with zero attachment to the mario franchise or games, i find myself just not getting it.

any interest I might have had was snuffed out when I discovered you cant actually use any of the costumes at will

What do you mean by 'at will'? Without the costume question block or needing an amiibo for it? The latter is not required.

oti

Banned
Brad will put everything at risk just to get DOTA 2 and Destiny in the top spots.

He needs to be stopped.

Dan knows this, that's why he came up with a plan. Operation Mario Party Party. Driving his enemies insane while acting like producing content for the site. Once he's achieved his goal he'll get his wish: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze OST will be Giant Bomb's GOTY. Just as he wants to enter the helicopter Brad shows up. "You thought you had me didn't you", he'll say with a soft smile shining through the forest that is his insanity. "But there's one thing you didn't know. I'm your brother!"
Final boss fight: POGs at Taco Bell.

War has changed.

Myggen

He needs to be stopped.

Dan knows this, that's why he came up with a plan. Operation Mario Party Party. Driving his enemies insane while acting like producing content for the site. Once he's achieved his goal he'll get his wish: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze OST will be Giant Bomb's GOTY. Just as he wants to enter the helicopter Brad shows up. "You thought you had me didn't you", he'll say with a soft smile shining through the forest that is his insanity. "But there's one thing you didn't know. I'm your brother!"

War has changed.

2709857-0767708386-27032.gif

Heimbeck

Banned
He needs to be stopped.

War has changed.

I would play this.

Volotaire

He needs to be stopped.

War has changed.

The DK CTF OST has some incredible pieces. The OST is fantastic. I fully stand with Dan.

oti

Banned
I don't care about Star Wars or Comics but DI 3.0 looks rad. Bought the first one on Wii U and other than the Pirates Playset it was pretty bad. Maybe I should jump in again but it's pretty expensive. :( I'd also need a second DS4 for coop and they are expensive too.

I am really confused than both Vinny and Samantha Kalman follow me on the GB forums even though I've made less than 100 post comments in 8 years. One of those posts was a Vinny photoshop - they must have liked that!

LiK

The rush to beat MGSV before Super Mario Maker is really cutting into my sleep.

I stopped playing MGSV to play DanganRonpa: AE. I am super behind a lot of other people now. the lack of story to compel me to keep playing is strong. gonna get back to it as soon as I finish DanganRonpa.

I could do with a Drew MasterChief collection update. I've been seriously considering buying an Xbox One and Drew confirming that it's still broken would go some way to putting me off.

I could do with a Drew MasterChief collection update. I've been seriously considering buying an Xbox One and Drew confirming that it's still broken would go some way to putting me off.

I bought an XB1 with TMCC recently.

Throw some questions my way!

I can at least confirm that the single player is pretty solid, the one coop attempt I did with a friend worked flawlessly. And outside of one bad decision regarding MP (that the lobby clears out after every match and dumps you back into the MP menu) it works.

wait, i did have one issue where i didnt get credit for finishing a level on Heroic for Halo 2. I quickly blitzed through it a second time and got all my achievements for that so a minor PITA but not deal breaking at all.

DamnBoxes

So I've been thinking...

Is Lang/JV/Ed Boon GDC 2014 really considered a bigger Giant Bomb livestream trainwreck than Lang/JV/Boyes E3 2015?

oti

Banned
Why do Beast QLs ALWAYS start with them calling their names first come on it's really annoying and why do I care so much.

Myggen

So I've been thinking...

Is Lang/JV/Ed Boon GDC 2014 really considered a bigger Giant Bomb livestream trainwreck than Lang/JV/Boyes E3 2015?

That's what Jeff was referring to when he was calling the phone thing the second biggest GB livestream trainwreck. We know that Lang got a "handler" because of it, and it's probably those consequences that makes it worse.

I bought an XB1 with TMCC recently.

Throw some questions my way!

I can at least confirm that the single player is pretty solid, the one coop attempt I did with a friend worked flawlessly. And outside of one bad decision regarding MP (that the lobby clears out after every match and dumps you back into the MP menu) it works.
I remember around the launch everything in the game was broken in some way, sounds like that isn't really the case now? I'm personally mainly interested in the campaign so if that works well then that should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom