• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

MGSV will easily trump Witcher for GB's GOTY. Even Jeff is super into it, which is what will stop him from fighting super hard for Mario Maker.

Heimbeck

Banned
MGSV will easily trump Witcher for GB's GOTY. Even Jeff is super into it, which is what will stop him from fighting super hard for Mario Maker.

I bet Jeff won't want TW3 in the top 10 even.
I think there is a chance it won't be in the top 10, I don't remember any of the crew really liking it.

Nah, it was clearly referring to the GDC thing. The Leigh Alexander thing was probably a much bigger deal for assholes in the community than it ever was for them. As I said, Lang has mentioned getting a handler after that and Jeff was clearly referring to something Lang was involved in,probably half-jokingly.

I think her appearance is one of the worst pieces of media on the entire site (despite <> coming out of it) and if that makes me an asshole, so be it

Frith

i think that dealing with the clown car bullshit that the 2 leigh streams created would probably be worse than huh langs drunk. but maybe i'm used to drunks i didnt think the boon stream was anything but funny.
i suppose i thought the same about the leigh stream though too but the fallout was big.
infact i thought everyone was going mental over nothing on the beercan miller gate too.

frith- ok with drunk shouting,

this better not be a learning moment i like shouting when drunk

I enjoy drunk/loud/half-naked greggy about once a year, so the beer can thing was fine. vinny giving him devil voice was fantastic.

KingKong

people have compared the loop to Destiny and I totally see where they're coming from. Grinding for mats really felt like it too lol

I know it doesn't seem like it from the way Jeff talks about it, but there have been MMOs before Destiny

Patryn

I think there is a chance it won't be in the top 10, I don't remember any of the crew really liking it.

Witcher 3 will definitely be in the top 10. Brad, Dan and Jason all really liked it. Vinny loves the Witcher series, and I bet Austin also falls in the liking it camp.

The problem is that only Dan actually pushed through enough to come close to completing it. That's why it doesn't really have a chance at being number 1.

did Jeff ever get into any MMOs? I cannot remember if he did

Lifetime pass to Star Trek Online, remember?

Also early (beta) World of Warcraft.

But he's also put in serious hours in MMOs he doesn't like. Didn't he clock 200 hours in SWTOR?

Myggen

I think her appearance is one of the worst pieces of media on the entire site (despite <> coming out of it) and if that makes me an asshole, so be it

I'm not saying that people who disliked those streams are assholes, I'm referring to the people who kept giving her shit for it on social media and were basically obsessed with it for a good while. There's not liking something and then there's harassing someone over it.

Brashnir

Just Cause 3 comes out this year, doesn't it? I'd say that has the inside line for Jeff's vote unless they somehow screw it up.

ultron87

I finally watched all of the Mario Party Party. The way it all ended was pretty great but I'm sad Brad didn't take the perfect heel turn opportunity he was presented with.

killroy87

Brad had his phase, and it kept popping up as being in Dan's rotation. I feel like none of the crew goes out of their way to mention games that they continue to play outside of the week of release, unless it's an outlier like DOTA. The Bombcast is also not always the most accurate way to judge their interest in titles, since they probably spend so much time among themselves talking about games, and what they're playing, that you can sometimes tell that the conversation on the Bombcast is a bit regurgitated among them.

Just Cause 3 comes out this year, doesn't it? I'd say that has the inside line for Jeff's vote unless they somehow screw it up.

That and Fallout (though less so with Fallout, I feel like that has the potential to disappoint) are the big contenders. Tomb Raider could surprise as well, both Dan and Brad will be SUPER into that game.

LiK

Witcher 3 will definitely be in the top 10. Brad, Dan and Jason all really liked it. Vinny loves the Witcher series, and I bet Austin also falls in the liking it camp.

The problem is that only Dan actually pushed through enough to come close to completing it. That's why it doesn't really have a chance at being number 1.

Lifetime pass to Star Trek Online, remember?

Also early (beta) World of Warcraft.

But he's also put in serious hours in MMOs he doesn't like. Didn't he clock 200 hours in SWTOR?

dayam, totally forgot about STO. felt like he was just forcing himself to play it cuz of the lifetime thing. lol

PSO,WOW and The Old Republic are the first ones to come to mind.

ah yes, PSO altho I never seem to lump it in with MMOS for some reason.

popo

Even Alex likes it. Only Jeff disliked it and it seemed like he wanted to like it. Top 5 I would say. Not high top 5 but I can see it at number 5.

Patryn

Even Alex likes it. Only Jeff disliked it and it seemed like he wanted to like it. Top 5 I would say. Not high top 5 but I can see it at number 5.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I see it ending up.

1-4 will likely be MGSV, Mario Maker, Rocket League and probably Just Cause 3 in some order.

Heimbeck

Banned
Brad had his phase, and it kept popping up as being in Dan's rotation. I feel like none of the crew goes out of their way to mention games that they continue to play outside of the week of release, unless it's an outlier like DOTA. The Bombcast is also not always the most accurate way to judge their interest in titles, since they probably spend so much time among themselves talking about games, and what they're playing, that you can sometimes tell that the conversation on the Bombcast is a bit regurgitated among them.

Maybe, I could just see everyone having other games they are pushing for and no-one really cares that much about TW3 so it gets left out.

I had a moment today as i was driving to work where I saw a 3 foot tall plant growing out of a wedge between the highway and a container and my instinct was to go to the plant and hold the B button.

That hasn't happened to me since MW2, when airplanes in the sky would instinctively make me think "shit i gotta shoot that UAV down." Those were troubling times.

I had a moment today as i was driving to work where I saw a 3 foot tall plant growing out of a wedge between the highway and a container and my instinct was to go to the plant and hold the B button.

That hasn't happened to me since MW2, when airplanes in the sky would instinctively make me think "shit i gotta shoot that UAV down." Those were troubling times.

playing a ton of Katamari and then getting in a car was the WOOORRRRSSSTTT

"oh hey, guardrails"

Heimbeck

Banned

Since I live in the UK sometimes after playing a lot of GTA I think people are going crazy driving on the wrong side of the road.
Only to realize I'm the one who's crazy.

Majine

Banned
brad @bradshoemaker
Credits just rolled on The Phantom Pain, and I just want to run out into the street and scream KOJIMAAAAAAAA.

brad @bradshoemaker
Seriously it's been 20 minutes and I still have no idea what to do with that.

I look forward to this.

Kojimaaaaa.

LiK

Really fun game. Story and ending was a mess, but they really nailed the character progression. Curious about the upcoming wasteland-style DLC, but there's no chance in hell I'll get around to playing it.

Yea, final boss fight was complete crap. My only real gripe with the whole campaign. Doubt I'll play the DLC as well unless it ties up the story.

If you want a game that will be completely screwed at GOTY time, it'll likely be Bloodborne.

I think it's a lock for top 10 but it will probably have a hard time cracking the top 5 with it being so early. Brad and Dan will be it's only proponents with maybe some help from Jeff, but Jason seemed down on it and Vinny didn't play more than a couple hours. Not sure if Austin played much.

Heimbeck

Banned
I think it's a lock for top 10 but it will probably have a hard time cracking the top 5 with it being so early. Brad and Dan will be it's only proponents with maybe some help from Jeff, but Jason seemed down on it and Vinny didn't play more than a couple hours. Not sure if Austin played much.

I could see Brad not trying to hard to get it in the top 10, I believe it will be in his personal list but not too high up.

hamchan

Man that Witcher 3 expansion in October....

I'm still only 20 hours into the base game. No one at Giant Bomb will play it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom