• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

Or a video series.

Video, for all its set up and all its results, ain't worth the effort with a small team where DnD is concerned. And audio-only makes it vastly easier to edit down to a really tight show, which can be a lifesaver in something like a DnD session. I just want to listen to Austin take a curious Wizard Vinny, a cheery Paladin Bakalar, a dour Priest Alex and a rotating red-coat slot of guest rogues, barbarians and wild mages on a rollicking adventure.

I think....

I think I want... a GBEast DnD podcast.

I would be ALL OVER THIS.

Austin is an AMAZING DM, as evidenced by his 'Friends At The Table" podcast. There's a guy on there named Keith who is about as funny and likeable as Vinny, hard as that may be to believe.

kai3345

Banned
I'd love to love these Shadowrun games, but I played Shadowrun Returns on my tablet and it never really grabbed me. I should give it another go at some point.

Really I just want to buy a Renraku Kraftwerk-1 deck.

Returns isn't great. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both a massive improvement.

Noaloha

Just chiming in on the 2015 vs 2014 topic, I think last year was fabulous. Poor for AAA, 100%, but good gods did I get a good filling of turn based RPG/strategy games. Plus what I'm increasingly thinking might be the best videogame ever, The Talos Principle. That's a game which excelled in everything it aimed for. I think it might be the high water mark for Options Menus also. Holy shit. Bliss. So thoughtful.

Teddified

Even if the Destiny Expansion or Destiny 2 comes out and are awesome I think I'll be done with Destiny for awhile. I put like 200 hrs into the vanilla experience and I probably wont be interested into checking it out again for a few years. And they'd have to have like Desinty 3 with everything before it in the game for free for me to be willing to buy again.

DamnBoxes

I want to listen but I'm worried.

Is your avatar... who I think it is?

Louis_van_Gaal_2911698b.jpg

Anjin M

I went to look at the Bombcast page when I saw the header image for Alt+F1 this week. Perfect.

edit://
Returns isn't great. Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both a massive improvement.

I'm almost to the end of Returns and I absolutely love it. I can't wait for Dragonfall and Hong Kong considering how much better everyone says they are.

Turn Based Tactical RPGs are the best. This might be my favorite since the Gold Box games. I just wish I understood the underlying systems a little more. All of the exposed numbers are great, though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Like a Coldplay song.

I really wish I didn't hear that song in my head immediately when I read daydream's post.

edit: Just saw the post quoted above

alright, hots is pretty good. enjoying this way more than dota. anyone here playing it?

I picked it up again and have been playing a couple of games a week. I still prefer Dota, but playing Dota with random people is the sort of thing I reserve for the times when I'm really hating myself and want to hate the world more to balance things out. Giant Bomb and NeoGAF chat rooms both usually have people looking for games in Hots, which is nice. They're mostly silent in Dota 2.

daydream

Banned
I've played a bit of it, its pretty good. Altough it just makes me want to play more Dota, which is pretty bad (for my life). Fav Hero?

I picked it up again and have been playing a couple of games a week. I still prefer Dota, but playing Dota with random people is the sort of thing I reserve for the times when I'm really hating myself and want to hate the world more to balance things out. Giant Bomb and NeoGAF chat rooms both usually have people looking for games in Hots, which is nice. They're mostly silent in Dota 2.

we should hots together sometime, me and tharp played earlier!

fav hero? gosh, i'm really bad at trying different characters once i choose one so i've just been sticking to valla so far

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

fav hero? gosh, i'm really bad at trying different characters once i choose one so i've just been sticking to valla so far

I'm not sure how the servers work in hots, I think there's a separate EU server and I'm in US. I don't believe you can play across regions.

You should try all of the free characters at least once to get a feel for them. There are enough heroes now that the rotation can be a while (and some like Lost Vikings aren't free as often as others...in fact I just looked it up and they have only been free once) and even if it's an AI game it is a lot different than the try mode.

I'd be down, battle net ID is sproutella #1947.

And I think you can change your server at launch or in the client settings somewhere - its an option right above the play button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom