• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Research tranq sniper, shoot once, go home
::makes note of this for future side ops::

I haven't invested in sniper rifles because I go all silent. So being that the suppressed rifles are further down the branch I haven't gotten into them

I guess that shit doesn't matter too much when you're facing a bear though.

Jintor

::makes note of this for future side ops::

I haven't invested in sniper rifles because I go all silent. So being that the suppressed rifles are further down the branch I haven't gotten into them

I guess that shit doesn't matter too much when you're facing a bear though.

you need to research the crap snipers to get to the good stuff (but what you really need to do is research a rifle, any rifle, with a suppressor, then go get a gunsmith)

convo

This weeks podcast so far is the most magical and great dive in a game franchise they have done in long time. When you beat MGS5 I would recommend that podcast for sure.

I just shot him a bunch with the tranq pistol. Easy peasy.

I shot him 12 times in the face with a tranq sniper rifle in the middle of a sandstorm

I found a place where I could stand where he'd get stuck on a tree trying to get to me, which is good because he killed me twice along the way

You can also punch him until he got knocked out but that takes a while on regular bears so you would be there for some time. Either way if you didn't use the biotic arm in some way you're doing it wrong.

First episode of the Bombcast that I'm actually holding off listening to. I don't mind spoilery talk for the sake of discussion, but why does Brad insist on inserting spoilers when it's totally immaterial to the topic at hand?

wait what happens when you get a gunsmith?

you can customize guns, basically you can frankenstein weapons out of parts you already have unlocked. most notably, you can make a silenced tranq sniper rifle well before you likely have the r&d to develop one naturally

Wunder

you can customize guns, basically you can frankenstein weapons out of parts you already have unlocked. most notably, you can make a silenced tranq sniper rifle well before you likely have the r&d to develop one naturally

Really? Shit! I thought I had a gunsmith but I guess I don't? Is it a totally new menu option?

you'll see side ops appear called "rescue the legendary gunsmith" or something like that, it's a really quick 3-mission arc that you should do pretty much immediately

and yeah it will appear under "customize" on the idroid

Heimbeck

Banned
First episode of the Bombcast that I'm actually holding off listening to. I don't mind spoilery talk for the sake of discussion, but why does Brad insist on inserting spoilers when it's totally immaterial to the topic at hand?

Just how Brad is, if he's already seen it he doesn't seem to thinking anyone else will mind him just spoiling it.
Jeff was kind of annoying in the Metal Gear talk as well, even worse than Brad.

Myggen

If you're talking about the character reveal,
it was relevant because they were discussing the sexualization of Quiet, and how Paz was portrayed in comparison as the second "major" female character they encountered

Just how Brad is, if he's already seen it he doesn't seem to thinking anyone else will mind him just spoiling it.
Jeff was kind of annoying in the Metal Gear talk as well, even worse than Brad.

Ah, I guess I'll have to play a lot more before I listen to more of the podcast. I hope they still have a spoilercast at some point, though.

If you're talking about the character reveal,
it was relevant because they were discussing the sexualization of Quiet, and how Paz was portrayed in comparison as the second "major" female character they encountered

That is right where I stopped the podcast, yeah. My fault for wading in. I guess I just didn't expect it to be so explicit, since they've never talked about such a new game in this way on the podcast before except for Brad's indiscretions.

Wunder

you'll see side ops appear called "rescue the legendary gunsmith" or something like that, it's a really quick 3-mission arc that you should do pretty much immediately

and yeah it will appear under "customize" on the idroid

Ah ok that makes sense. I have a few guys with a 'Gunsmith' trait I think but never specifically had the side op for the Legendary Gunsmith. I'll keep an eye out, cheers

It's kind of silly to blame Brad when they gave a enough heads up before hand and Jeff also tried to cut down on the dumb spoiler dance and and said to just talk about the game without worrying about spoilers.

Myggen

Poor Brad getting blasted for being a Spoilermaker when he didn't even say anything too bad this time.

Yeah, with the warning they gave before beginning the discussion people have no real reason to complain. They said there would be spoilers, and there were some spoilers. What Brad said wasn't without context and it was an explicit spoiler discussion.

Xater

Yeah, with the warning they gave before beginning the discussion people have no real reason to complain. They said there would be spoilers, and there were some spoilers. What Brad said wasn't without context and it was an explicit spoiler discussion.

And I thought it was pretty funny how little Brad knew considering he "beat" the game.

This weeks podcast so far is the most magical and great dive in a game franchise they have done in long time. When you beat MGS5 I would recommend that podcast for sure.

Yeah, as someone who has also been completely grabbed by the game I really love the podcast so far. They need to all play the same game more often.

daydream

Banned
holy shit some of the concepts were amazing

FAUCET MANNNNNNNN

eiUtf8c.jpg

Xater

The Quiet stuff I understand since he never really played with her as a buddy.

Also story stuff. Like he had no idea about what is going on with Quiet for example.

And from a gameplay standpoint, probably understandable, but she is totally OP.

I don't understand how to get Quiet to only attack specific targets that I tell her to and nobody else. When I assign her to a sniper spot, she just randomly attacks people. She killed a guy who was A++ in R&D and Intel right in front of me. I was pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom