• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I don't understand how to get Quiet to only attack specific targets that I tell her to and nobody else. When I assign her to a sniper spot, she just randomly attacks people. She killed a guy who was A++ in R&D and Intel right in front of me. I was pissed.

You don't put her on a sniping spot. That means you give the attack command which means she automatically attacks everyone. Same goes for the "Cover Me" command. Just let her scout. If you want her to take someone out aim at him and chose the "Take him out" command.

Sakwoff

Man, MGS5 is totally like Far Cry 2 in a lot of ways. The Idle Thumbs guys weren't kidding.

All the emergent stuff that Brad and Jeff talk about in the podcast is basically why there is that contingent of people (including me) who were REALLY into Far Cry 2.

There was of course also a lot of annoying shit in FC2 that a lot of people weren't able to see past. They then fixed all the bad stuff in FC3, but unfortunately also removed pretty much everything that made 2 so great/interesting and basically made it into the Ubisoft EveryGame template that every other open world game now follows.

MGS5 is the real successor to Far Cry 2 we never got. Goddamn.

demidar

You don't put her on a sniping spot. That means you give the attack command which means she automatically attacks everyone. Same goes for the "Cover Me" command. Just let her scout. If you want her to take someone out aim at him and chose the "Take him out" command.

How could that not be OP?

That makes things a lot clearer, thanks.

Jintor

How could that not be OP?

Dudes start wearing helmets so she can't one shot anymore without the proper gear, and she's useless against tanks and armor (but not choppers)

Be warned that even on standby, if you trigger reflex and she has her laser lined up on the guy who discovered you, even if you tranq them there's a pretty good chance she'll blow their head right off the second reflex mode ends anyway

Xater

Dudes start wearing helmets so she can't one shot anymore without the proper gear, and she's useless against tanks and armor (but not choppers)

Be warned that even on standby, if you trigger reflex and she has her laser lined up on the guy who discovered you, even if you tranq them there's a pretty good chance she'll blow their head right off the second reflex mode ends anyway

Her kills don't affect your rating though. If she just covers you and you don't specifically tell her to kill someone you are golden. I once got an S-Rank by hear clearing out an entire base and me just going in for the objective. Also she can totally damage all vehicles once you unlock the last sniper rifle for her. That thing also shoots through all kinds of gear.

kAmui-

I set quiet on sniping points and she hasn't attacked until I've told her to. I think.

Maybe it has something to do with buddy level? I'm pretty sure that in the beginning she was shooting without me telling her to do so, but doesn't do that anymore.

And if you ask me, DD is the real OP when you want to be sneaky.

Xater

Maybe it has something to do with buddy level? I'm pretty sure that in the beginning she was shooting without me telling her to do so, but doesn't do that anymore.

And if you ask me, DD is the real OP when you want to be sneaky.

Quiet is OP because with her you basically don#t have to be sneaky.

And yes you unlock more options with your buddy when you level them up. So that is something you should do. I just alternated whom I took with me on side ops.

danm999

Speaking of Quiet, I just randomly bumped into her. And I got an S rank!

Hah, same I just did this one within the last hour too with an S Rank.

I supply dropped and it hit her taking half of her health away so I did it again and she was done within 30 seconds.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
First episode of the Bombcast that I'm actually holding off listening to. I don't mind spoilery talk for the sake of discussion, but why does Brad insist on inserting spoilers when it's totally immaterial to the topic at hand?

I'm gonna hold off too, but I'm glad they're talking at length about it and getting into spoilers (even minor). Usually makes for a more interesting discussion. I agree about the times when he does it just because he can't help himself though lol

No. Brad pissing off everyone with Dota/Destiny talk is one of the best parts of it.

Well I didn't say lets get rid of brad so no worries there.

Vinny literally not playing enough games is the valid argument against the idea.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I have used Quiet's sniping to draw everyone's attention to her direction, while I sneak around behind them.

I can't figure the physics behind the grenade shooting, but damn if it isn't useful on heli's.

Feel so behind on GB content. I still have most of the PAX panel and UPF to go through.

demidar

Her kills don't affect your rating though. If she just covers you and you don't specifically tell her to kill someone you are golden. I once got an S-Rank by hear clearing out an entire base and me just going in for the objective. Also she can totally damage all vehicles once you unlock the last sniper rifle for her. That thing also shoots through all kinds of gear.

Her kills don't count as kills for mission ranking? Man that's too easy.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Looks like a bootleg Futurama character or something.

I got an immediate Waluigi vibe from him, before they stopped to comment and Jeff gave him that accent which went in a completely different direction.

Waluigi by way of Inspector Gadget, or something.

kAmui-

Buddy kills don't affect the rating?? Man, I must have been a sleep while playing the game
for over 40 hours ffs!
. I feel like an idiot now.

Xater

Her kills don't count as kills for mission ranking? Man that's too easy.

Yes, I was very surprised to learn that as well. When I started using her I thought she ruined me this mission, but no I ended up with an S-Ranking by killing everyone in that base.

Buddy kills don't affect the rating?? Man, I must have been a sleep while playing the game
for over 40 hours ffs!
. I feel like an idiot now.

They do if you give a direct kill order. The cover me command for Quiet doesn't affect it.

Sulik2

I've hated the Metal Gear series. All this talk of emergent gameplay really makes me want to play MGSV. I'll try to hold off until Black Friday though and get it cheap.

Wunder

I can't find this goddamn brown bear.

use DD son

After seeing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime in action, that seems the perfect Alex/Vinny 2 player game for Vinny to drive Alex mad.

Previously they did these...

Quick Look: Affordable Space Adventures
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-affordable-space-adventures/2300-10111/

Quick Look: Shiftlings
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-shiftlings/2300-10062/

I thought I'd watched that Space Adventures one but a quick scrub through looks like I haven't. Shiftlings was one of my favorite Alex/Vinny QLs so I am hoping for more yelling and quiet frustration from Alex

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
After seeing Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime in action, that seems the perfect Alex/Vinny 2 player game for Vinny to drive Alex mad.

Previously they did these...

Quick Look: Affordable Space Adventures
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-affordable-space-adventures/2300-10111/

Quick Look: Shiftlings
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-shiftlings/2300-10062/

For a good classic look at Vinny being an impossible co-op partner, Tales from Space: About a Blob

cdViking

Listening to the latest Bombcast mailbag really drives home how close-minded and judgmental Dan is. I appreciate people who are willing to learn new things, but MAN stop judging the shit out of everybody else by trying to define "normal".

daydream

Banned
dr. light as imagined by akira toriyama cracks me up

Ul8RaLJ.jpg

Is the spoiler in the bombcast just that
the game doesn't really end at mission 31
or is there something more? I just heard that part and don't know which parts to skip.

I kinda hate that i heard the deal with Quiet on the podcast but it's also so stupid like (character spoiler)
how stupid the whole Paz retcon was and how arbitrary their reasoning for having her in the game is
. These games have always been so terrible about how they handle women but this time at least you can kinda overlook it because the game itself is damn good and meaty as hell.

But that was on me. And at least the endgame story stuff wasn't spoiled. Still got it coming to me spoiler free yay

Listening to the latest Bombcast mailbag really drives home how close-minded and judgmental Dan is. I appreciate people who are willing to learn new things, but MAN stop judging the shit out of everybody else by trying to define "normal".

He's a self proclaimed troll who loves playing the comic villain. As he said, his goal in life is to have everyone root against him in Mario Party and winning.

I kinda hate that i heard the deal with Quiet on the podcast but it's also so stupid like (character spoiler)
how stupid the whole Paz retcon was and how arbitrary their reasoning for having her in the game is
. These games have always been so terrible about how they handle women but this time at least you can kinda overlook it because the game itself is damn good and meaty as hell.

But that was on me. And at least the endgame story stuff wasn't spoiled. Still got it coming to me spoiler free yay

On the uh, retcon,
Keep playing and getting photos for her.

On the uh, retcon,
Keep playing and getting photos for her.
Those that you get from getting ground zeroes duders side ops? I only did the first one to see that character in the game and by the end of that cutscene I was like, I'm out.

But I have a feeling that I'll end up doing those side ops anyway. Not like I'm finishing this game anytime before November at this rate

Xater

It#s no retcon. You have to do her "questline" and give her all the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom