• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with jefflr is that there's so much quiet downtime between anything he says or talks about. It might be manageable if he listened to good music.

popo

Jeff on spoilers

Dan : "Should we give some context about how far we all are .. just so we are not spoiling it for each other?"

Jeff : "Fuck it ... I don't give a shit. We cover video games, this is our job"

Dan : "I don't want to be spoiled though!"

Jeff : "Fuck you"

<complaining>

Jeff: "You're a baby"

Jeff on Quiet

Jeff : "Every time I walk down there she is just laying on the bed with her bra off ... and its just like, fuck this game! Every time you are in the helicopter ... all the sudden its like - now Quiet is going to shove her ass in your face for a while because <puts on voice> 'she has to stretch before the mission, not because we're sickos!' Fucking fuck off."

Jeff : "<Dudebro voice> 'We know a lot of dudes play this came so lets make something that dudes like to look at!' I dunno. I'm a dude and there are a ton of things I like to look at. It doesn't always have to be boobs, you assholes!"

AcridMeat

Banned
Jeff on spoilers

Jeff on Quiet
Agreed on both accounts.

I thought about avoiding the podcast since I'm only around mission 11, but at the same time sometimes hearing what happens later in a game motivates me more to get through it. It's a time sink!

sega trying to give 3D urban champion a run for its money

it's not like urban champion had an incredible concept and style to fall back on

regardless of what you think of how it plays, you can't tell me seeing that game in 3D wouldn't be awesome

The problem with jefflr is that there's so much quiet downtime between anything he says or talks about. It might be manageable if he listened to good music.

dude is listening to black moon right now so I don't know what your problem is

tuxfool

Banned
I want to know more, but I don't.

8qauYfs.jpg

can you replace d-dog with ocelot

can ocelot run alongside me on all fours

i want to see his rig hooked up to d-dog's animations

more importantly, does he lunge at enemies with a knife in his mouth when i'm feeling lazy and dont wish to waste bullets

Also, I transfarred my Peace Walker HD save from years ago and loaded up the game on my Vita. Boy, i remember fuck all about how to play this game and what the game expects me to do next. I think i might wait till i'm done with MGSV before i really go back and get the true ending for PW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I like to go through my Steam library and just remember games that barely existed and that are only a few years old.

Like, 'man Section 8, remember that? Shattered Horizon? Primal Carnage?'

popo

Agreed on both accounts.

I thought about avoiding the podcast since I'm only around mission 11, but at the same time sometimes hearing what happens later in a game motivates me more to get through it. It's a time sink!

They don't really spoil any story stuff, other than the Quiet thing. If you are sensitive to spoilers, they do talk about later game upgrades and gameplay mechanics. Dan and Jason have not finished it so they, reluctantly in Jeff's case, don't talk about the endings.

Xater

Sometimes I like to go through my Steam library and just remember games that barely existed and that are only a few years old.

Like, 'man Section 8, remember that? Shattered Horizon? Primal Carnage?'

I only remember them because you mentioned them.

I'm watching the full Mario Party 5 video. I had already seen the ending.

I'm 30 minutes from the end of the video... I know this game is bullshit but I can't believe
Drew picks up 4 stars in 30 minutes before the ending

daydream

Banned
still no download for the until dawn playdate, as far as i can tell

fixing audio desync must suck, they should ask brad to re-record the game footage for them

AcridMeat

Banned
They don't really spoil any story stuff, other than the Quiet thing. If you are sensitive to spoilers, they do talk about later game upgrades and gameplay mechanics. Dan and Jason have not finished it so they, reluctantly in Jeff's case, don't talk about the endings.
I'm not at all, which is why I'll end up listening to it. I'm more sensitive to 4 spoilers because I'm still getting through Scanlon 4, but I doubt there's much of that given this is a precursor.

I'm with Jeff in that the Quiet thing could've had such a better explanation for it that the bullllsssshhhiiiitttt Kojima came up with. I know that any excuse really is in service of letting her roam around as a walking, not-talking 13 year old's dream come true but, damn, that's the best you could come up with? that? really?

I mean i would've written something up for free that was on another level than that nonsense. Or just copy whatever Emcee's latest fanfic was because odds are that's also decent enough to be deemed somewhat tasteful.

Just got to the Quiet vs DD talk in the bombcast and man I really wished one of them had unlocked DD's extraction suit. It gives him unlimited fultons and enemies completely ignore him, at most they just try to shoo him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom