• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have to be on Friday because of the video embargo, they don't wanna cover it on video until that embargo's up. If we're getting a dedicated stream of that game it'll probably be next week.

Ah of course, I'd forgotten the game isn't out until then. Early review embargoes always throw me off.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Guy on Jeff's tumblr crying that they didn't give a big enough spoiler for the podcast. Babies.

What did you think we meant? Just about the only thing we don’t discuss openly is the ending.

Metal Gear talk runs from 5 minutes in till 1:26:40. We don't mention any major plot specifics

Blame Brad's deck and his inability to understand that others haven't been exposed to the same information that he has.

From the sounds of it Jeff said they'd speak openly during the podcast, but that description was written afterwards and one should be able to assume it's true.

I hope they just start next week's bombcast with a MGSV big spoiler.

Blame Brad's deck and his inability to understand that others haven't been exposed to the same information that he has.

From the sounds of it Jeff said they'd speak openly during the podcast, but that description was written afterwards and one should be able to assume it's true.

It is true, they don't talk about any major plot specifics.

repeater

[UPF fades in from black]

[The ending of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain plays before anyone has said a word]

Drew: (cries)

I hope they just start next week's bombcast with a MGSV big spoiler.

It is true, they don't talk about any major plot specifics.

I havent finished the game but ill spoil tag this anyhow about what i can assume about the ending.

it's safe to assume some sort of David Cage I'm-in-the-game-talking-to-you-directly nonsense given a not-so-subtle hint brad throws dan's way during the podcast regarding when Dan would hear next from Kojima

Which now means i'm either going to be bummed when i anticipated it correctly from that wink wink or bummed when it doesnt happen because i wanted to see if Kojima would do such a thing.

I hate my brain sometimes

KingKong

I don't understand why people want to listen to or read discussions on things they don't want spoiled. It's the same thing in threads here. If you're that sensitive then just stay away

ArjanN

Jeff on spoilers

Yeah, Jeff really doesn't care about storytelling spoilers. At least he always does announce them beforehand though.

I don't understand why people want to listen to or read discussions on things they don't want spoiled. It's the same thing in threads here. If you're that sensitive then just stay away

I guess those people do want to hear what they think about the game, without being spoiled on the plot. Hardly rocket science.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Because people don't want to have to be held accountable for themselves now.

Volotaire

Guy on Jeff's tumblr crying that they didn't give a big enough spoiler for the podcast. Babies.

He should have vistied the Giantbomb thread! Thank you Keyser Soze!

To be honest, if you were remotely concerned about spoilers, you probably would not have listened to the section.

[UPF fades in from black]

[The ending of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain plays before anyone has said a word]

Drew: (cries)

Drew will have to initiate Operation: Kane.

Hear-No-Evil-See-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

You really should just avoid it, especially when most of the podcast is about that game. But the podcast description shouldn't set it up as though there are no spoilers when there are significant spoilers. Everybody sucks. Discussing the plot points openly could (or at least should) lead to better and more in depth discussion, that's all great. Brad's just got this terrible history of going "Okay, no spoilers, now spoiler."

And it is much worse because he's complained about being spoiled in the past, and in this very episode talked about how glad he was that he didn't know some of these things going in. If it were Jeff who has an overall "Fuck it, we're talking about this game" attitude it would be a different story too. Consistency, that's all I'm asking for.

Even though they don't reveal any mainline story spoilers, I'm glad I experienced finding out the weird structure of the game by myself. It's a bit confusing as to why people think a spoiler can only be story related. Either way, I would have rather had them just do a separate spoilercast for it, not because of avoiding spoilers on the Bombcast but because I want to hear them talk about the game way more openly without something like them being on a general weekly podcast holding them back. I want to hear their unfiltered thoughts about the story and GOTY stuff is still more than three months away.

This whole discussion is dumb because they announced multiple times that they were going to go into spoilers, it was incredibly clear that spoilers were not off the table and if you continued to listen you ran the risk of being spoiled. I personally appreciated the fact that despite not taking spoilers off the table they still avoided discussing the major plot details.

This is more dumb than when people complained about Brad spoiling an easter egg in Arkham Knight.

Chuck

Still without luck
When Dan says "it's like" and then mentions something related to wrestling, the hate fire inside me is stoked yet again.

yami4ct

Persona 5 is getting a full live stage at TGS. It's finally happening guys! Right......right? Man, I'm so excited for this.

This whole discussion is dumb because they announced multiple times that they were going to go into spoilers, it was incredibly clear that spoilers were not off the table and if you continued to listen you ran the risk of being spoiled. I personally appreciated the fact that despite not taking spoilers off the table they still avoided discussing the major plot details.

This is more dumb than when people complained about Brad spoiling an easter egg in Arkham Knight.

the weird thing is that i would've been okay with solely story spoilers. I was more bummed out by gameplay spoilers.

weird thing to say when we're talking about metal gear but here we are

also, just to be clear i knew what i was getting into. The only person i have to blame is myself this time, unlike previous shoepoilers where he just dropped them on my lap and i didnt see them coming

Persona 5 is getting a full live stage at TGS. It's finally happening guys! Right......right? Man, I'm so excited for this.

yes! finally the 2016 western release we've all been waiting for will get a release date!

kingocfs

Just listened to the Bombcast. I can't remember the last time everyone fawned over a game as much as they did with MGS. Especially Jeff, he was giving some serious praise.

I think a number of people here think it's 2016 but I firmly believe in 2015. Under a week until we get final confirmation.

the weird thing is that i would've been okay with solely story spoilers. I was more bummed out by gameplay spoilers.

weird thing to say when we're talking about metal gear but here we are

also, just to be clear i knew what i was getting into. The only person i have to blame is myself this time, unlike previous shoepoilers where he just dropped them on my lap and i didnt see them coming
I actually appreciated the gameplay stuff the most, mainly because everyone having a different experience means it's really interesting to hear how other people completed objectives.

There was definitely some stuff in there I would have liked to stumble across myself, but then there was a whole lot of other stuff I would never normally try that I'm totally going to now.

justjim89

The MGS podcast reminds me of the weeks around the release of XCOM, when it completely dominated the conversation for weeks on end. I love it when they're all excited about something.

popo

The deck might have been ambiguous but Jeff stated that they would be going in to specifics several times before they started and not the 5 second warning Brad usually gives.

Short of Jeff turning up at the guy's house, personally, and shouting "SPOILERS!" in his stupid face - I am not sure what else he could have done.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The deck might have been ambiguous but Jeff stated that they would be going in to specifics several times before they started and not the 5 second warning Brad usually gives.

Short of Jeff turning up at the guy's house, personally, and shouting "SPOILERS!" in his stupid face - I am not sure what else he could have done.

The deck is written after the discussion happened. My assumption if I cared about the MGS story would be "They thought they were going to talk about spoilers, but ended up not discussing the story after all."

On the other hand, yeah. Not to be all blame the victims, but how did people expect them to fill an hour of conversation?

yami4ct

I liked the touch of them telling exactly where they were in the story. I feel like that was warning enough about what kinds of things they could/would probably spoil. I went in with eyes open, at least.

Dan on the NORGAL DUDE WEARS <$30 jeans makes me want to hurl a laptop at him.

I'm not a rich dude and I have no real fashion sense but even I understand that I'm probably looking at ~$50 for a pair of jeans that fit and look decent

I mean at least I know how to try on pants to see if they fit, so I've got that going for me

jaina

Dan on the NORGAL DUDE WEARS <$30 jeans makes me want to hurl a laptop at him.
A good quality, fitting and new jeans is ~70&#8364; for me. sometimes there are deals and I get one at 30. I wear them daily for several years, so why go for the dirt cheap option?

TraBuch

Banned
I once bought a $300 pair of jeans and wore them once before deciding I didn't really like how they fit. They're still in my closet somewhere.

I love hearing Jeff talk about the bay area rap scene and his general insight in rap music. If only he did a music podcast or something.

PS: Im new to the gb community. Whats up everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom