• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I have no idea about US prices but l think the point is that all price points are "normal guy pants" for someone. If you want to pay fashion prices then cool, if money is tight and all you can afford are $10 wallmart jeans then there is no shame in that - and all the options in between. Dan's desire to conform to what he considers "normal" borders on the pathological sometimes.

holy shit

COfW-unUkAAx7Vo.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/bryaneward/status/641717845752086528

scaffa

I have been avoiding any info about MGS5 and im currently at mission 19. Is it safe to listen to the cast or do they talk beyond story stuff that happens after that?

Volotaire

I have been avoiding any info about MGS5 and im currently at mission 19. Is it safe to listen to the cast or do they talk beyond story stuff that happens after that?

Keyser Soze has you covered!

Timestamps

• 00:00:00 - 00:00:46 - Brett Loves Autodesk Sketchbook (Sponsor)
  • 00:01:10 - 00:05:43 - Metal Gear Names & Pooping
  • 00:05:43 - 00:05:00 - The Gang is going to the LA Podcast Festival. Site
  • 00:05:00 - 00:15:40 - Metal Gear Talk Begins. Fultoning. Dan is at Mission 25. Jeff is Mission 21. Brad reached ending (?). Brad vaguely talking about the structure of ending (?). Pacing talk. Gameplay talk.
  • 00:15:40 - 00:21:55 - Quiet vs D-Dog. Mission 21 In-Depth Talk. Customisable/Unlock talk
  • 00:21:55 - 00:23:28 - Something more spoilerish than stuff talked about beforehand (This is probably one of the most "spoilery" sections)
  • 00:23:28 - 00:35:50 - Back to gameplay mechanics. online play chatter (is it fair, do Konami for microtransactions?)
  • 00:35:50 - 00:40:00 - Giant Bomb vs Bear, Quiet vs D-Dog.II
  • 00:40:00 - 00:42:25 - Star Wars Card Trader. Free Cards, By Gawd. Squid Head (Sponsor)
  • 00:42:25 - 00:56:10 - Fun in the Metal Gear Solid Sandbox. Personal adventure stories in missions. Almost breaking the game.
  • 00:56:10 - 00:58:00 - Metal Gear Solid V vs Older Metal Gear Games
  • 00:58:00 - 01:26:40 - Speculation on how Metal Gear Solid V will end, how to get there, why should we. Nukes. More unlocks. Specific missions chatter. In depth Quiet.talk. MGSV talk ends. (This is the other big "spoilery" section)
  • 01:26:40 - 01:28:33 - FUCK DRAFT KINGS DOT COM (Sponsor)
  • 01:28:33 - 01:29:24 - Mad Max Minute
  • 01:29:24 - 01:45:00 - Quiet vs D-Dog.III Bungie vs Marty O'Donnell. Activision Bullshitedness in Destiny? Destiny 2.0 chatter. Is it worth going back?
  • 01:45:00 - 01:48:50 - PS4 Firmware 3.00. Cloud based saves in general
  • 01:48:50 - 01:50:15 - Ron Gilbert Spy Sidestory
  • 01:50:15 - 01:51:34 - Dragon's Dogma hits PC
  • 01:51:34 - 01:55:50 - Jeff is excited about the Apple Event - REALLY!
  • 01:55:50 - 02:02:40 - Emails... Dan Buys Pants!
  • 02:02:40 - 02:05:26 - The Return on E-40's 40s
  • 02:05:26 - 02:06:30 - Are you moving the office or not?
  • 02:06:30 - 02:05:20 - Queen Elizabeth vs King Dedede vs Armor King
  • 02:05:20 - 02:14:50 - Kojima to Rockstar, and more about the future of Kojima in the industry.
  • 02:14:50 - 02:15:10 - Hiding the the podcast room
  • 02:15:10 - 02:16:02 - Next week on Giant Bomb. DESTINY. Mario Maker QL on Friday. More they don't know about yet.
  • 02:16:02 - 02:16:41 - FUCK DRAFT KINGS DOT COM (Sponsor)
  • END
There is a whole lot of talk about MGSV in this episode. If you have played around 40 hours, then you might have seen everything they talk about. They mention characters and backstory that happen up to the 40 hour mark. There is stuff in here many would consider a spoiler, but some may be happy with it. Aside from that there is some great talk about how open the game is, letting players do what they want when they want. and not limiting them with silly rules.

wait ... MGS5 came out on old gen? Any idea what they look like?

Im currently playing through it on PS3 and it looks pretty okay. Some mid day or mother base shots look pretty amazing with all things considered but then rain effects hit Africa and it looks fucking terrible. The intro is also super rough fps wise due to all the stuff going on. Im pretty happy with it

BanGy.nz

Banned
Im currently playing through it on PS3 and it looks pretty okay. Some mid day or mother base shots look pretty amazing with all things considered but then rain effects hit Africa and it looks fucking terrible. The intro is also super rough fps wise due to all the stuff going on. Im pretty happy with it
Does the frame rate take a hit when it starts raining?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So the official PlayStation blog did an unboxing of an original PS1, and in it was a super rare demo disc with interviews and tech demos. So uh...

yutklXn.png

Maybe he was joking, but what if he isn't... :O

So the official PlayStation blog did an unboxing of an original PS1, and in it was a super rare demo disc with interviews and tech demos. So uh...

yutklXn.png

Holy shit. Tweet that out to Dan and Drew! Hopefully we'll get another Demo Derby if they do get it!

Xater

yutklXn.png

Aww yiss!

I hope Dan sees this so he can look out for it.

yami4ct

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/yutklXn.png[/img]

If you set this in motion and it actually comes to fruition, you're a GB hero my friend. Good work.

repeater

yutklXn.png

Nice try. It will be lost in a sea of Nickelback CDs and EGM back issues.

Megaman Battle Network is one of my favorite RPG series ever. So underrated. Even though the later games were a bit less great, they were still fun as hell.

Yeah I love them. They all felt pretty low production value in spots, but the chip collecting and battle system was so fun.

popo

If P5 doesn't get a 2015 release date next week then 20% of GAF is going to flip the fuck out.

If P5 gets a 2015 release date next week then a different 20% of GAF is going to collectively lose their shit.

60% of GAF doesn't really have a dog in this fight.

real talk

I was fucking around with PSX demo discs the other night and the T-Rex still holds up pretty well

I remember being completely blown away by the Warhawk video. Those swarm missiles were astonishing. I tried playing the game again a few years ago, it's like I had a different brain back then. The FMV is still hilarious though.

If P5 doesn't get a 2015 release date next week then 20% of GAF is going to flip the fuck out.

If P5 gets a 2015 release date next week then a different 20% of GAF is going to collectively lose their shit.

60% of GAF doesn't really have a dog in this fight.
You underestimate console warriors and holiday exclusive listmakers.

People gonna care a whole lot about persona 5 if it slips. Or at least that's what the thread post counts would have you believe.

I gave bombcast a listen after skipping all talk and I did not feel spoiled one bit. (I didn't know the Quiet thing.) Dat was probably it.

Was it someone in here that was talking about how stuff we saw in trailers lacked context? And that there was one particular event in the trailers that is so different in the game that it's almost hilarious?

if so, was that moment
Eli and Double Eli in the helicopter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom