• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

real talk

I was fucking around with PSX demo discs the other night and the T-Rex still holds up pretty well
eeh, does it?

tumblr_n9hh96L2LP1qjztgpo1_r1_400.gif

Quick Look: Blues & Bullets
Austin & Vinny pls

That would be weird.

Weirder than doing Mario Party Party live? By doing it live, there can be fan interaction. It'd be fun to see people reminiscing about those games along with the guys. Maybe they could even have representatives from PlayStation (Boyes and Drake?) join them.

Phediuk

Does Grow Home have any competition for Biggest Surprise so far?

Not really any Wolfenstein/South Park-type dark horse games this year.

Contradiction isn't actually a good game though. It's a super linear FMV with all the typical absurdities. I mean, it's mildly amusing but I wouldn't consider it a surprise.

I always thought Until Dawn looked great but it's a massive step up given the devs also made that awful Doctor Who game that has a metacritic score in the low 40s.

yami4ct

I think Dan or Brad might try to sneak MGSV into best surprise. The fact that the game is good isn't a huge surprise, but the quality of the game and what makes it awesome kind of is. I'm not sure anyone would've expected the sequel to MGS4 to be a massive open world sandbox.

Contradiction isn't actually a good game though. It's a super linear FMV with all the typical absurdities. I mean, it's mildly amusing but I wouldn't consider it a surprise.

Moving away from the "it's not a (good) game" style argument, I actually think Contradiction is quite brilliant. The story it delivers and the way it goes about it is really cleverly done. You might not be into that style of game, but for what kind of game it is, it's super well done.

Patryn

I always thought Until Dawn looked great but it's a massive step up given the devs also made that awful Doctor Who game that has a metacritic score in the low 40s.

Jenks will show up in some category, though.

I think Dan or Brad might try to sneak MGSV into best surprise. The fact that the game is good isn't a huge surprise, but the quality of the game and what makes it awesome kind of is. I'm not sure anyone would've expected the sequel to MGS4 to be a massive open world sandbox.

Moving away from the "it's not a (good) game" style argument, I actually think Contradiction is quite brilliant. The story it delivers and the way it goes about it is really cleverly done. You might not be into that style of game, but for what kind of game it is, it's super well done.
I just can't get over how absurd the fact that you interview people 10,000 times in one night is. Combined with the fact that all the puzzles are trial and error and often times progress is locked between randomly wondering out into the footage keeps it from actually being a well put together game to me. Still fun to watch though and Paul in particular gave me a lot of laughs.

The Circa Infinity demo is neat, GBE should take a look at the game. And Odallus ;-;

hamchan

Contradiction is more unfinished tham MGSV though. Need that sequel already because the main villain was caught too easily and all that cult stuff is left hanging.

Best character category needs to give up 3 spots to Contradiction. Or if all of the Contradiction characters as one nominee, which pretty much secures it for the win.

I'd like to see them move on to a different game for that feature. Also hope they don't feel like it always has to be 3 vs 3, having one or two people not playing but commentating could be fun and fill the dead air.

FStop7

Banned
If P5 doesn't get a 2015 release date next week then 20% of GAF is going to flip the fuck out.

If P5 gets a 2015 release date next week then a different 20% of GAF is going to collectively lose their shit.

60% of GAF doesn't really have a dog in this fight.

I just want release dates for P5, No Man's Sky, and The Witness. Pls.

justjim89

Just got to the point where Brad was in MGSV in the Bombcast, and I don't see how he could even kinda think he
finished the story. But maybe that's what he meant by the mindfuck that made him wanna run out in the street and scream KOJIMA! The fact that the whole story seems wrapped up and then nope! Coming in Chapter 2!

Jason wasn't kidding when he said the story is kinda bunched together when it's there. Long stretches of no story followed by a bunch of it.

Having a better time with the game at this point. Any big combat encounter or "boss fight" sucks ass though.

Lelcar

I just want release dates for P5, No Man's Sky, and The Witness. Pls.

Oh man, The Witness. Yeah, that game needs to come out. It's weird that with all these long development stories these days, no one is talking about how long it's taking for The Witness to come out. I'm still pumped to play it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, the option to pay for subscription via Paypal was added some time ago, but when I go to billing, the only way of paying I see is adding a new credit card (I got my membership last year during a sale through their store).
Am I missing something? Where is the "pay with paypal" option hidden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom