• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody send me a hot PM when this thread isnt talking about MGSV anymore.

Seriously... I'm getting sick of it now. Sure I enjoy it so far, but good grief there are other games, but people are so over the moon with that series it's overtaking every conversation.

Jothel

12009773_10156057993115385_8527693220647233488_n.jpg

11990663_10156057993160385_7253052597260069503_n.jpg

10352201_10156057994425385_3859535555740871078_n.jpg
look what just arrived! comes with a download code rather than a physical copy of the game but hey

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
apologies for the sideways photos, i would fix them but.... mario maker
Remember that you have to play with tools for 5 minutes before you switch the Wii U clock to the next day to unlock the features early.

Also, reposting for a new page:
So, the option to pay for subscription via Paypal was added some time ago, but when I go to billing, the only way of paying I see is adding a new credit card (I got my membership last year during a sale through their store).
Am I missing something? Where is the "pay with paypal" option hidden?

Yeah, that's how I bought it last year, but they said that they've added it "directly to the site" a few months ago, so I assumed that you could do it through the billing page.

Huh, well then that could be just an old thing and I have no idea. Maybe sent Rorie an email or something just to make sure?

HE'S WEARING A MASK

OF A TIGER

AND UNDERNEATH

IS ANOTHER TIGER

Genius, competely genius.

I read into it, and It seems like the dude stumbling around is actually King, and Armor King is a close friend of his.

You see, at the start of Tekken 2, King recently had a child from his orphanage (which he became a luchadore to earn the money to found) die while under his care, and being a man of the cloth (a Catholic priest, to be exact) this weighed heavily on him, making him turn to alcoholism. It's during this cutscene that Armor King, his rival and friend that he met in the first game, gives him his mask back and encourages him to get back into fighting to raise money for the orphanage.

Also apparently
both King and Armor King were murdered so now there's King 2 and Armor King 2

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't wait to hear Jason's Vinny-esque parenting stories on the bombcast.

I'm listening to old punk music that defined my high school youth. It's a raucous.

demidar

I read into it, and It seems like the dude stumbling around is actually King, and Armor King is a close friend of his.

You see, at the start of Tekken 2, King recently had a child from his orphanage (which he became a luchadore to earn the money to found) die while under his care, and being a man of the cloth (a Catholic priest, to be exact) this weighed heavily on him, making him turn to alcoholism. It's during this cutscene that Armor King, his rival and friend that he met in the first game, gives him his mask back and encourages him to get back into fighting to raise money for the orphanage.

Also apparently
both King and Armor King were murdered so now there's King 2 and Armor King 2

And then there's this guy named Fame Douglas, and he starts an international martial arts tournament...

Jothel

Remember that you have to play with tools for 5 minutes before you switch the Wii U clock to the next day to unlock the features early.

Also, reposting for a new page:

not sure if it works any more - got to the point where it said "hey new stuff tomorrow!" so I put it a day forward and nothing new thus far

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
not sure if it works any more - got to the point where it said "hey new stuff tomorrow!" so I put it a day forward and nothing new thus far
I tried it yesterday (the small day 1 patch downloaded) and it worked. Played for a while, set the date forward, played for a while again and got the new items. I don't think that the new stuff appeared right after launching, but I might be wrong, since I was still recovering from the post-MGS5 shock.

Jothel

I tried it yesterday (the small day 1 patch downloaded) and it worked. Played for a while, set the date forward, played for a while again and got the new items. I don't think that the new stuff appeared right after launching, but I might be wrong, since I was still recovering from the post-MGS5 shock.
Fair enough - will make more stuff after this 100 Mario challenge.

HEY GUYS MARIO MAKER IS AWESOME

Jothel

Mario Maker is interesting at the moment because 95% of the levels have been made with just the day one tools, so you will be able to see everyone getting the new tools at the same time and so see the levels evolve over the 9 days. Pretty cool

this however, I find disturbing

Hasn't Danny been whining hard about mgs spoilers? Weird, I know that he isn't managing all of gamespot's content output but it seems like a bit of a kleptaku situation there.

Also, yeah, with a tranq snipes the legendary bear mission was no sweat. Yall were right.

Jothel

Hasn't Danny been whining hard about mgs spoilers? Weird, I know that he isn't managing all of gamespot's content output but it seems like a bit of a kleptaku situation there.

Also, yeah, with a tranq snipes the legendary bear mission was no sweat. Yall were right.

I need that tranq sniper - I shot that bear so damn many times with my rubber bullet assault rifle

I need that tranq sniper - I shot that bear so damn many times with my rubber bullet assault rifle
It was literally one shot to the head and done. I'd suggest bringing DD too for his wild animal spotting abilities. It's not necessary but it sure makes finding the bear a nonissue

A standard tranq pistol works just fine against all the bears. It's a good chance to practice Snake's dodging.

And how do y'all have problems finding stuff in MGS? Do you not use the NVG all the time as intended?

Xater

Just shoot him a bunch with the tranq pistol and jump away when he charges. It's super easy. If you try hitting the head it's even faster.

Myggen

I'm sure Danny has nothing to do with random gameplay clips on the Gamespot YT channel.

Also, episode 14 can eat a bag of rotten dicks. The checkpoints in that one is super duper bad and I had to basically do the entire mission like 5 times because things went stupid near the end for me.

But at least I know about langua franca now.

And I can use quiet finally. Feels bad to relegate my boy DD to the bench but after a few missions with quiet I see what all the fuss was about

Those gamespot videos remind me of when interns used to to rando tech videos for GB, like comparing Rage's popin for example. I remember those getting a stupid amount of hits back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom