• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
gamespot's yt account everyone

HwWu5zp.jpg
That's pretty funny coming from Gamespot. I guess they need the clicks.

Mario Maker is interesting at the moment because 95% of the levels have been made with just the day one tools, so you will be able to see everyone getting the new tools at the same time and so see the levels evolve over the 9 days. Pretty cool

this however, I find disturbing
What is that? Did a Mario like that ever exist?

convo

I find it amusing how absolutely befuddled they,or at least Brad, are of Peace Walkers mission structure in TPP. None of that comes as a surprise to the people who played PW but it seems like a defcon 2 level alert to some guys that there is more than the thing you thought was the ending in a metal gear game.

I find it amusing how absolutely befuddled they,or at least Brad, are of Peace Walkers mission structure in TPP. None of that comes as a surprise to the people who played PW but it seems like a defcon 2 level alert to some guys that there is more than the thing you thought was the ending in a metal gear game.
Yeah, but it's understandable because not many people played Peace Walker. I remember Brad thought the game HAD to be played co-op-- he couldn't beat the first tank boss because he was running out of ammo. What he didn't realize was there was a supply drop mechanic in that game.

On DLC (another podcast), Jeff Cannata was surprised and amazed at all the base building stuff in MGS5 and how it was a leap over previous games, and his cohost, Christian Spicer (Peace Walker lover), burst his bubble when he told him it was in PW and even PO to a lesser extent.

faridmon

The same thing fans like to kill themselves over in every metal gear solid game.

I can't even remember what was it about

Isn't the mission where you rescue Miller from captivity? or is it the mission where you have to assassinate one of their generals?

Megasoum

Banned
Is it me or is there way more promoted tweets in the official twitter app nowadays? Do third party twitter apps on Android have the promoted bullshit too?

convo

Yeah, but it's understandable because not many people played Peace Walker. I remember Brad thought the game HAD to be played co-op-- he couldn't beat the first tank boss because he was running out of ammo. What he didn't realize was there was a supply drop mechanic in that game.

On DLC (another podcast), Jeff Cannata was surprised and amazed at all the base building stuff in MGS5 and how it was a leap over previous games, and his cohost, Christian Spicer (Peace Walker lover), burst his bubble when he told him it was in PW and even PO to a lesser extent.

It seems like actually no one played it to that extend. It just funny that the majority of people won't know about the fucking dinosaur island in PW and the stupidest joke monster in the gaming world.

tuxfool

Banned
I can't even remember what was it about

Isn't the mission where you rescue Miller from captivity? or is it the mission where you have to assassinate one of their generals?

Not episode 2. Chapter 2.

Trust me, when you get to it you'll understand, even if it won't be a big deal for you.

Is it possible to explain why chapter 2 sucks without getting super spoilery? I already know probably the biggest thing in the story but I'd like to avoid super specific details as I've still got some a while before the end of chapter 1.

If it can be done then I wouldn't mind a pm on it.

Xater

Is it possible to explain why chapter 2 sucks without getting super spoilery? I already know probably the biggest thing in the story but I'd like to avoid super specific details.

It's a super cobbled together ry to create satisfying ending after the lackluster one you got before. It doesn't really work and still leaves story threads hanging.

daydream

Banned
What is that? Did a Mario like that ever exist?

I don't know - there are quite a few Marios like that in the book that came with this... he jumped weirdly and made weird noises and it freaked me out

no, you get that form by picking up the luigi mushroom. skinny mario was a bug that cropped up during the development process and that they decided to include as a transformation which i think is pretty great

tuxfool

Banned
Is it possible to explain why chapter 2 sucks without getting super spoilery? I already know probably the biggest thing in the story but I'd like to avoid super specific details as I've still got some a while before the end of chapter 1.

If it can be done then I wouldn't mind a pm on it.

You see the seams of the game. It is the place you get the feeling that a lot of content was cut or never completed.

So the second chapter is probably when Konami got tired of Kojima's shit and wanted to put a game out?

Edit: Also beast is really churning out long quicklooks these days.

So the second chapter is probably when Konami got tired of Kojima's shit and wanted to put a game out?

Yeah. It feels like a chunk of it was left out.

Heck the bonus DVD has footage for a cut mission that was meant to be the conclusion to one of the games bigger side plots. You can really see the hole that mission leaves in the game because that plot is just left hanging when its clearly building towards something.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I was mainly taking issue with how many missions are repeats. I think there's one actual new main mission for every three that pop-up. I'm up to mission 44. Great to hear the story sucks in chapter 2 as well!

Xater

I was mainly taking issue with how many missions are repeats. I think there's one actual new main mission for every three that pop-up. I'm up to mission 44. Great to hear the story sucks in chapter 2 as well!

You don't have to do any of those though. Real main missions are marked with yellow. You should have some side ops that are actually marked that way.

Found a Joy Division cassette. This game is dope as shit.
I would totally sneak around to Shadowplay and then switch to machine gun mode when the song kicks in.

Fun fact (Dan fact), the guy who does the Man Who Sold the World cover in this game toured with Thin Lizzy for like a year.

LOL Capcom putting resources into a new Mega Man product with new assets.

I loved Powered Up except for how it actually played. The PSP screen and the character sizes made it feel too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom