• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't play mgs at work

I do enough procrastination with GAF at work, I couldn't imagine if I could actually watch some content.

My work cracks down too much on streaming or too much bandwidth being used. Damn hipsters and their streaming radio, ruining it for everyone.

MGSV is a real good game to play while you watch quicklooks.

MGSV has probably been my worst game to multitask with. I get too frustrated. I had a mission I had to just give up on for the night(the one that has you steal the truck at the airport) because I had a wife in the room trying to talk to me while she was watching something on another screen and I was just getting too frustrated.

My work cracks down too much on streaming or too much bandwidth being used. Damn hipsters and their streaming radio, ruining it for everyone.

they only care here if you're not getting your work done, which isn't an issue for me. if anything, having QLs on in the background keep me from getting bored/slacking too much

they only care here if you're not getting your work done, which isn't an issue for me. if anything, having QLs on in the background keep me from getting bored/slacking too much

Yeah, I'm sure most places probably wouldn't even care. My work just relies too much on the bandwidth so any little affect it makes on our systems they crack down on. Still amazed they haven't blocked all internet use completely.

V_Ben

Banned
Hahahaha, I work at the 'OMUK' from the opening of blues and bullets. Wasn't expecting that!

It's an initialism rather than an acronym. Every time, hahahahahahaha :D

Good lord the Xbox One UI is kind of a nightmare, I'm getting flashbacks to the launch day stream that GB did.

Yeah, its pretty bad. PS4's UI is so great (and it could be near perfect with some changes) considering everything is so easy to find and get to. New UI change is gonna be great...hopefully

Curufinwe

Good lord the Xbox One UI is kind of a nightmare, I'm getting flashbacks to the launch day stream that GB did.

Drew's hair was so short.

2574310-vf_xboxone_launch_01.jpg

That new UI update cannot come soon enough.

Yeah, its pretty bad. PS4's UI is so great (and it could be near perfect with some changes) considering everything is so easy to find and get to. New UI change is gonna be great...hopefully

Yeah I already can't wait for the new UI and I've only used the current one for like 10 minutes.

Damn, quiet with a tranq rifle is easy mode. Just did a mission where I set off the alert phase and she literally tranq'd the whole base.

I said goddamn
As if that wasn't enough there's a silenced tranq rifle to unlock later.

The PS4 UI is an abombination, games being sprayed out across one single horizontal line of game tiles is such a terrible idea. Combined with the store front getting worse and worse(although to be fair, it's not as slow as the PS3 one) makes for a terrible UI. XMB was brilliant and would have been perfect on a system with enough ram to navigate it without slowdown or being forced out of a game :/

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Yeah I already can't wait for the new UI and I've only used the current one for like 10 minutes.

As if that wasn't enough there's a silenced tranq rifle to unlock later.

I actually prefer the non-silenced one, because you can put her on the opposite side of the base as you and she'll draw everyone's attention as she takes them out. Then you just sneak up from behind and knock out any remaining dudes.

AcridMeat

Banned
Jason's got like a 22 year old kid.
I forgot about that, nevertheless he's been out of the toddler raising game for a long time. I liked hearing Vinny's take on it and am interested if Jason will have some nuggets to share.
Found a Joy Division cassette. This game is dope as shit.
I heard Love Will Tear Us Apart playing on the speakers on the medical deck, that's when I actually fell in love with the game. I just stood by the speaker and pet D-Dog while it played. I have to find the tape.

Of course I checked up on Quiet for the first time after and felt gross again.

I actually prefer the non-silenced one, because you can put her on the opposite side of the base as you and she'll draw everyone's attention as she takes them out. Then you just sneak up from behind and knock out any remaining dudes.

when I send her out with the silenced rifle, they actually usually start heading towards the source of the shots once they notice they're being picked off. except this way she gets a few bonus kills/KOs before they panic.

FStop7

Banned
The PS4 UI is an abombination, games being sprayed out across one single horizontal line of game tiles is such a terrible idea. Combined with the store front getting worse and worse(although to be fair, it's not as slow as the PS3 one) makes for a terrible UI. XMB was brilliant and would have been perfect on a system with enough ram to navigate it without slowdown or being forced out of a game :/

None of the current gen consoles have been able to match the second gen Xbox 360 interface (NXE.)

That's kind of batshit crazy when you think about it.

The psn store on ps4 is definitely a mess, but the overall UI of the ps4 is fine. But the change i meant was that giving us an option to organize our games into folders (similar to the Vita's bubble system) to keep it clean. Other than that its totally great.

I personally hated the xmb and how messy/slow it was.

Never thought I would see the day where me and Dan share a MGS strategy.

That Blues and Bullets QL was hilarious. They're great at finding hidden gems. Back on topic, I just finished mission 6 of MGS V after being stuck on it for like 3 days. This whole no-kill thing is getting rough.
The dust guys are SO hard to take down non-lethally. I ended up just giving up and running away so that I had 5/6 objectives completed.
(Mission 6 spoilers) Oh well.

Curufinwe

That Blues and Bullets QL was hilarious. They're great at finding hidden gems. Back on topic, I just finished mission 6 of MGS V after being stuck on it for like 3 days. This whole no-kill thing is getting rough.
The dust guys are SO hard to take down non-lethally. I ended up just giving up and running away so that I had 5/6 objectives completed.
(Mission 6 spoilers) Oh well.

I'm playing that tonight but fortunately I don't care about killing some guys here and there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Well, once everyone starts wearing helmets, the same result ends up happening.

Patrick's Match 3 podcast is actually super great, I've been catching up on it recently. Gita and Sam work really well with him, it reminds me of a more accessible version of the podcast Brianna Wu and Maddy Myers do.

I like how whenever he brings up his family's beach house he prefaces it by saying it how it's very small.

Patrick's Match 3 podcast is actually super great, I've been catching up on it recently. Gita and Sam work really well with him, it reminds me of a more accessible version of the podcast Brianna Wu and Maddy Myers do.

I like how whenever he brings up his family's beach house he prefaces it by saying it how it's very small.

I stopped listening to it a few episodes ago. It's boring.

The silenced version can be real helpful on some missions where creating chaos might make the objective more of a pain but the non-silenced is probably better most of the time for the reason you stated.

Curufinwe

MGSV is a real good game to play while you watch quicklooks.

MGSV is too new and exciting for me to have anything on in the background while I play it yet, (I'm only up to mission 6) but I like to always have a game I can play while listening/glancing at GB videos. This year the main ones have been Hot Shots Golf on Vita, and Drive Club & NFS Rivals on PS4.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
“Characters constantly spout lines that glorify male sexuality while demeaning women, and the billboards and radio stations of the world reinforce this misogyny, with ads that equate manhood with sleek sports cars while encouraging women to purchase a fragrance that will make them “smell like a bitch.” Yes, these are exaggerations of misogynistic undercurrents in our own society, but not satirical ones. With nothing in the narrative to underscore how insane and wrong this is, all the game does is reinforce and celebrate sexism. The beauty of cruising in the sun-kissed Los Santos hills while listening to “Higher Love” by Steve Winwood turns sour really quick when a voice comes on the radio that talks about using a woman as a urinal.”
HwWu5zp.jpg

zWVbK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom