• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Okay, Extra Life is next month I think? Finally time for Brad not just to start Mario Galaxy but to finish it.

And then play 2.

Brad seemed sceptical on Tumblr about doing it solo again this year because of how rough last year's stream was on him. He barely slept the night before because of nerves. But he didn't rule it out.

Playing this and Mega Man Legacy and Freedom Planet makes me really really really want other Maker games
Back in the day of the Commodore and Amiga, they were kind of a dime a dozen. Shoot Em Up or Puzzle Construction kits they were called.

It's great to finally have one as polished as SMM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Back in the day of the Commodore and Amiga, they were kind of a dime a dozen. Shoot Em Up or Puzzle Construction kits they were called.

It's great to finally have one as polished as SMM.

I was gonna say, I could always find flash games like that. I'd want something developed by Nintendo with a similar mentality of how its handled. I imagine Mega Man would work the best/easiest. Powered Up and Maverick Hunter had level creators but no online sharing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I am real close to getting Mario Maker. There's a Best Buy like...right there. And they have that $20 off Splatoon or Mario Kart deal if I buy it...

Damn you, Giant Bomb.

Is the stream running at 60 FPS for everyone here? Mario Maker looks wrong, especially noticeable given I'm watching this while playing the game, lol.

I know it's been said before, but this is a really, really good year for games so far. Splatoon, Rocket League, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, MGSV, Super Mario Maker... it's so great.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff has argued both that open-world isn't a genre and that the game Adventure falls into the open-world genre. He's just making noise happen while he plays Mario.

daydream

Banned
fucking blind jumps (that aren't specifically designed as leap of faiths)

arrows and coins exist, kids

edit: ok, this goomba stage got moxie

Myggen

it's kind of a shame how so many levels are "check out this cool idea I had" but never really do anything with them

the idea is really neat but at the end of the day, the level isn't really any fun

I think that's what happens with user created levels at the very start, they tend to get more fleshed out as people get more familiar with the tools.

daydream

Banned
it's kind of a shame how so many levels are "check out this cool idea I had" but never really do anything with them

the idea is really neat but at the end of the day, the level isn't really any fun

yeah, i pretty much have no interest in gimmick stages (especially if they're automatic or quasi-automatic or involve a series of one-block jumps) but the goomba stage at least had some humour and an idea that could be expanded upon at its core

to modify vinny's adage, quality level design is pretty goddamn hard. i think mario maker at least helps make that apparent to a lot of people

I think that's what happens with user created levels at the very start, they tend to get more fleshed out as people get more familiar with the tools.

but the tools are super intuitive and I've been making dope shit from the start

I guess it's just a side effect of the lame ass delay on feature unlocks that a bunch of fucking weirdos seem so fond of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom