• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
feel really good about that castle level i made, two hours well spent (i hope!)

also, man, i remember playing forza 2 like it was yesterday. they've really been churning these out!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Me on the previous page: "That's a weird typo and what's the initial delivery"

Me on this page: "Sweet! I'm still not anime! Also, not european racing! Double sweet!"

Indignate

I hope Dan tries and succeeds in putting MGSV in the best story category just because it seems like it would upset people for some reason.

Honestly? I would say Jeff would like MGSVs story. I can see him fighting for it because it's a crazy ball of stupid.

MGS4 was a crazy ball of stupid, MGS5 is just naff. I can see Dan arguing for it due to his loyalty to Kojima but beyond that I can't see anybody caring for it.

I hope Dan tries and succeeds in putting MGSV in the best story category just because it seems like it would upset people for some reason.

So you actively want people to be upset? Good on you anime avatar poster.

Jothel

So what was the countdown they were talking about? I saw people on twitter being pissed off but I have no idea what any of it was about.

I've been watching my siblings play some user submitted SMM levels and failing miserably at them for the past couple of hours. Feels so good.

Fuck those press right to win or do nothing and win levels.

Jeff's deflection of comments about his drivatar being aggressive in amusing in the context of him constantly ramming into people throughout.

And I still don't remember Forza 3 or 4 being fun in the way he remembers outside of a few silly events. 3 just had that giant grid of races.

hamchan

Would Shadow of Mordor even make it into GB's top 10 for GOTY if it was released in 2015?

Maybe in the bottom half of the top 10. The combat not being as good and smooth as Batman's will become even more apparent with a Batman game right next to it though.

Maybe in the bottom half of the top 10. The combat not being as good and smooth as Batman's will become even more apparent with a Batman game right next to it though.

Exactly. With a Batman Arkham game out this year, a pale imitation would have no place on the list.

yami4ct

I imagine there are loony MGS fans who both adore and loathe MGS5's story. However the real loons are the ones who enjoy either of those parties get upset.

I'm about half way through. If the game does what I think it does, and the complaints I've heard, I'm probably going to really enjoy it. It sounds like Kojima went full Hideaki Anno on his fanbase with this one.

Exactly. With a Batman Arkham game out this year, a pale imitation would have no place on the list.

I would not be at all surprised to see Arkham Knight completely miss the site's list this year. I'm not sure Mordor would've stood a chance. That really coasted on the novelty of its Nemesis system, though, so it might have edged in.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Regarding the shampoo discussion on UPF, I need to shampoo my hair everytime I bath. I've tried going shampooless but my dandruff became too intense when I did.

yami4ct

Regarding the shampoo discussion on UPF, I need to shampoo my hair everytime I bath. I've tried going shampooless but my dandruff became too intense when I did.

I take way too many showers as I do it as a problem solving aid. Any time I can't figure something out, I hop in the shower and in like 10 minutes I have a solution. I have to wash my hair at least once a day, though. If I try to go multiple days without it like Drew, oil builds up really quick and I feel gross as hell.

If you're used to using shampoo every day your hair will be greasy for a while if you try to wean it out a bit. I went from using it every day to every couple of days and it does take a good week or two for your hair to stop being so oily. I have very thick and long curly hair and have very few dandruff issues now.

Although I rock a sexy
man bun
most days now.

yami4ct

Mordor is so damn much better than Arkham Knight.

I don't think the core gameplay of Mordor is nearly as fun as Batman, but the stuff around it and the locomotion feels much better. I found the majority of AK's content to be lacking, but had more fun moment to moment. Neither would be close to the top of my list in their respective years, though.

If you're used to using shampoo every day your hair will be greasy for a while if you try to wean it out a bit. I went from using it every day to every couple of days and it does take a good week or two for your hair to stop being so oily. I have very thick and long curly hair and have very few dandruff issues now.

Although I rock a sexy
man bun
most days now.

My hair is really good. It's always super soft and I don't deal with any dandruff. I don't want to move away from my routines as I'd be afraid I'd mess it up.

Mordor is so damn much better than Arkham Knight.

The Nemesis system, sure. The rest of the game? Not at all.

Arkham Knight wasn't my favourite game, but Rocksteady still managed to improve their FreeFlow combat engine once again. With every sequel they make it better, without fail, and remind us all why everyone else is a pale imitator.

I take way too many showers as I do it as a problem solving aid. Any time I can't figure something out, I hop in the shower and in like 10 minutes I have a solution. I have to wash my hair at least once a day, though. If I try to go multiple days without it like Drew, oil builds up really quick and I feel gross as hell.

Although I rock a sexy
man bun
most days now.

Do you guys use scenting oils for hair when you don't use shampoo? I mean...I want to buy some. You know, so it doesn't smell hairy.

yami4ct

The Nemesis system, sure. The rest of the game? Not at all.

Arkham Knight wasn't my favourite game, but Rocksteady still managed to improve their FreeFlow combat engine once again. With every sequel they make it better, without fail, and remind us all why everyone else is a pale imitator.

Combat is much better in AK, but I found the distribution of side stuff in Modor to be more enjoyable. It felt like there was less filler, since they only gave you a few of each challenge type, and I didn't feel overwhelmed with not-fun crap I never wanted to do like in AK.

The Nemesis System is very, very much the core of what makes Modor work, though.

Do you guys use scenting oils for hair when you don't use shampoo? I mean...I want to buy some. You know, so it doesn't smell hairy.

I wash my hair once a day, so I would not be the one to ask. I use standard shampoo and conditioner. Smells good and works well.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I had more fun going into any random camp in Mordor and looking for the chief than I did playing the last three Batman games. Along with the extreme Joker fatigue and the lack of a Batmobile, it isn't even a close decision for me. Mordor was pretty good, AK was mediocre.

yami4ct

oh, I should look into it.

Brad is in love with DDog. When he barked, Brad just got this joy of glee.

Most guys don't use conditioner, but it really does keep your hair real soft. I've gotten several compliments on how soft my hair is (Weird the first couple times, but a complement is a complement). It's much better than the combination stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom