• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I use an herb based shampoo now (since almost all of the shampoos designed to take care of dandruff im allergic to) about once to twice a week and my hair is pillowey soft.

My dandruff isn't as bad either. Aveeda branded shampoo is worth the money. All natural and you only need to use a little.

AcridMeat

Banned
also, man, i remember playing forza 2 like it was yesterday. they've really been churning these out!
Forza 2 was one of my highlights of that generation. So many hours online with folks, so darn fun. I think they ruined online with 3 onwards, way too many hoppers and you'd have to leave the server to switch car types unlike 2 where the lobby host could change it each race.
Started the Forza 6 UPF, and Jeff is using the Toyota 86 with the Intial D livery on it. Because it might as well be mandatory to use at this point
Hell yeah! It's too bad he didn't have any eurobeat going on for the intro of the quick look.
I use an herb based shampoo now (since almost all of the shampoos designed to take care of dandruff im allergic to) about once to twice a week and my hair is pillowey soft.

My dandruff isn't as bad either. Aveeda branded shampoo is worth the money. All natural and you only need to use a little.
No kidding. May have to look at this. I've been trying to ween off of shampoo, I do it once every 2-3 days now but my hair will get super greasy, despite rinsing it thoroughly. I've read multiple times that you need to just push through that stage and it gets much better, but I just can't live with myself when it's super greasy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't use conditioners at all. Makes my hair feel stiff.

Though I'm representing that man-bun style anyway.

I can't use anything other than head and shoulders though. If I don't my dandruff comes back with a vengeance.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
No kidding. May have to look at this. I've been trying to ween off of shampoo, I do it once every 2-3 days now but my hair will get super greasy, despite rinsing it thoroughly. I've read multiple times that you need to just push through that stage and it gets much better, but I just can't live with myself when it's super greasy.

Yep. I take a shower once in the morning to wake up and then one after the gym (so twice a day) in lukewarm water because hot water will dry out your scalp and skin. And then I only use the shampoo once to twice a week.

I went to that from shampooing at least 5 times a week. Took a good 2 months for my hair and scalp to catch on and start delivering positive results. You just got to give your skin and body time to adjust.

It won't happen over night. It'll be annoying for a bit, but it'll get there. And my dandruff before that was pretty awful.

Has the be avatar bait. What do you do instead?

edit: I really should try that wenis. I use head and shoulders to keep my dandruff in check and really it's fear of that and grease that keeps me on it.

I wash it with water, mainly. Just good ol' water. It's worked out for me. I find shampooing/conditioning makes my hair too flat.

I gave the no shampooing fad a go for a few weeks once and it really made me appreciate shampoo again after I used it after a break.

But once your showering regularly I wont really take offence if something doesn't shampoo.

Oh and VIDEO GAMES!

I wonder if Big Boss shampoos in that power shower. I wonder if he dyes his hair because he is in his late 40's, has loads of responsibilities and work related stress and dude doesnt have a single grey.

danm999

Came here to talk Achewood, good to see a few people ahead of me.

Knew Rorie was into it, great to hear Jeff is too.

He's always reminded me a lot of Ray in many ways (with Alex being Roast Beef).

I guess that makes Dan Phillipe.

comic.php

Jothel

Pretty sure Jeff just played one of my Mario Maker levels... He didn't like it

ID is 9176-0000-001D-0264 if you're interested
Wait no it was a New Zealand Jeff

yami4ct

Dan saying Galaxy 2 is better than Galaxy 1. I cannot disagree more. Galaxy 2 feels like levels that just weren't good enough to make it into 1. 1 is just a more consistent and fun game. I adored 1 and could not even bring myself to finish 2. I got so bored with it.

Myggen

Dan saying Galaxy 2 is better than Galaxy 1. I cannot disagree more. Galaxy 2 feels like levels that just weren't good enough to make it into 1. 1 is just a more consistent and fun game. I adored 1 and could not even bring myself to finish 2. I got so bored with it.

Isn't Galaxy 2 generally considered a bit better than Galaxy 1? I like Galaxy 2 more.

yami4ct

Isn't Galaxy 2 generally considered a bit better than Galaxy 1? I like Galaxy 2 more.

By a good chunk of people, yes. You also get a fair amount of people who, like me, found Galaxy 1 to be quite a bit more enjoyable.

I'm not saying Galaxy 1 is the objectively better game, but I like it leaps and bounds over 2.

Galaxy 1 is a lot more aesthetically pleasing. It has much better music - not that Galaxy 2 sounds anything less than great, but Galaxy 1 bought into the otherworldly theme a lot more with its compositions. Galaxy 2 also didn't really stick with the space theme THAT much, instead preferring to look a lot more like a Mario game - its style is definitely the precursor to the "blocks floating in the sky" look of the Super Mario 3D series.

Galaxy 2, mind, has a lot more focus on stellar level design, a healthy degree of challenge, and generally surprising the player more at every turn. Plus, it has Yoshi.

jaina

I think I'll finally buy the Django Unchained soundtrack, for my MGS_TPP/CustomSoundtrack/. So glad I ignored my Ground Zeroes save on PS4 and went PC.

Gamespot - We Got a PS3 Highlights

The full stream is still lost to time it seems, but someone uploaded the highlights yesterday. Rich, Jeff, Greg, Ryan, Rorie etc.
Great, I was looking for something like that after watching the Wii one earlier this year.

This discussion is just cementing that GOTY is basically MGSV's to lose.

And it's not going to lose.

I think Just Cause 3 will have a very real shot at taking it. The problem with MGSV, is that there is still a lot of things to critizice even if the gameplay is better than anything else out there. That's going to hurt it when the GOTY nitpicking starts to happen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think Just Cause 3 will have a very real shot at taking it. The problem with MGSV, is that there is still a lot of things to critizice even if the gameplay is better than anything else out there. That's going to hurt it when the GOTY nitpicking starts to happen.

Oh come on now.

They had Shadow of Mordor for GotY last year.

hamchan

GBeast need to step up how fast they archive their shows, especially since the video embed method doesn't work when UPF airs right after.

Oh come on now.

They had Shadow of Mordor for GotY last year.

Well, last year was a pretty terrible year for games. They even said so multiple times during the GOTY discussions. So there wasn't a lot of games that any of them was passionate enough about to really fight hard for. That's not going to be the case this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom