• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

of course, here you go: AADE-0000-001B-12DD

feedback welcome!
Good level! I liked the idea, the use of Tetris pieces and I thought the difficulty was just right. Better than any of my levels that's for sure - I just started following you, I'm Rich from Japan

TraBuch

Banned
In TPP, I wish there was a way to automatically select all of your staff members that don't at least have a B or something. It's getting annoying going through my waiting room and manually selecting each one.

In TPP, I wish there was a way to automatically select all of your staff members that don't at least have a B or something. It's getting annoying going through my waiting room and manually selecting each one.

"Miller, place everyone that's A rank or below into the brig for assignment."

Oh, if Big Boss could talk. The possibilities!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quiet is going to get character of the year over Djikstra and Bloody Baron because it's the more recent game. Put money on it.

Heimbeck

Banned
I'm a big fan of Jeff, but man is he a dick about spoilers. Listening to the latest cast now and he's giving story details about mgs5 that seemingly are quite far into the game, without any warning. I'm still on the fence about the game and want to hear their updated impressions, but I can't even skip the spoiler parts because they're just thrown out randomly in the discussion. So u have the choice between not hearing what they think of the game, or spoiling myself.

When the others point it out he just dismisses it and says: "we're talking about the game". Why is he such an asshole about this? It's a huge, long game that's been out for less than a week. In what universe is this even remotely OK? Even most people who bought it at launch probably haven't finished it.

I get quite pissed at their GOTY-cast spoiler policy as well,most people don't have gaming as their day job and haven't been able to finish all the games they are interested from that given year. But at least then the games have usually been out for a while.

Some of this might be because of Jeffs general disdain for the quality of most video game narratives. But it's incredibly arrogant of him to think that he can make that choice for all his listeners by spoiling important twists and story bits.

Spoilers about gameplay unlocks and the like don't matter to me, and I understand that they might have to discuss some basic things to be able to have a flow in the conversation. But any major story spoilers should be segmented, and we should at least be warned first. Preferably it would come at the end of the discussion, or even podcast.

I think the problem is more that Jeff insists on spoiling stuff when there is no need for it.
They really didn't need to have an hour discussion about soiling stuff, marked or not, and they probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for Jeff.

strafer

Qk1xR4k.png

Myggen

I think the problem is more that Jeff insists on spoiling stuff when there is no need for it.
They really didn't need to have an hour discussion about soiling stuff, marked or not, and they probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for Jeff.

With MGSV it's best just to spoiler mark the discussion to be safe regardless of whether you're gonna discuss spoilers or not. That game is the definition of spoiler culture.

Heimbeck

Banned
With MGSV it's best just to spoiler mark the discussion to be safe regardless of whether you're gonna discuss spoilers or not. That game is the definition of spoiler culture.

Jeff would have been happy talking about the ending this week if Dan didn't say no.
And they talked about MGS for over an hour, and only Brad mentioned something that was a spoiler.
It was unnecessary to talk about spoilers when they easily could have just avoided that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Drew's 'ooo wow' reaction to a seemingly fleshed out RTS being 40 dollars as if it was too high is incredibly disheartening.

According to steam I have 20 hours in metal gear and I don't think a single thing has happened in the story after the prologue

I got a dog though.

Is any of that a spoiler?

I honestly don't know with this game

Bacon

I can't fucking stand the whining about spoilers. It's their website and they are free to go about the discussion however the hell they want. They even have ample warning and yet people are still babies about it. Just don't listen, it's literally that easy

Heimbeck

Banned
Come on, it wasn't even huge important spoilers that they said in the Podcast! Just some literal side stuff.

Spoiler culture is weird.

I don't think anything is really a spoiler in the podcast, except for the one thing Brad said.
Which wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Jeff.

The quiet stuff was the only out and out spoiler and I heard it in my game literally 15 minutes into my next play through. So I feel like I made out alright in that regard.

I've managed to remain mainly unspoiled on the ending to Mass Effect 3 (because for some insane reason I keep telling my self I'll play the end someday), Breaking Bad, and a whole bunch of other popular culture, so to all the people who get spoiled all I have to say is git gud.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno. I skipped the segment of the Bombcast because I haven't even played Ground Zeroes yet and I know next to nothing about MGSV, but all this justification that there aren't spoilers makes me think that there actually are spoilers for those who aren't already knowledgeable.

At least the people complaining about spoilers can look forward to complaining about the Destiny talk that will be on the podcast for the rest of the month.

I dunno. I skipped the segment of the Bombcast because I haven't even played Ground Zeroes yet and I know next to nothing about MGSV, but all this justification that there aren't spoilers makes me think that there actually are spoilers for those who aren't already knowledgeable.

There are definitely spoilers but they're aren't exactly huge spoilers and most of them relate to various gameplay mechanics anyway.

Xater

And Brad's thing is basically an easter egg that was in one of the trailers.

And the whole MGSV talk was prefaced with being potentially spoilery. So if you listened and haven't played the game it's your own damn fault. Like Jeff said, don't be a baby.

Heimbeck

Banned
And Brad's thing is basically an easter egg that was in one of the trailers.

I feel like there's not much to complain about with that, at this point Jeff had already made it clear stuff would be spoiled.
It's more that they could have avoided spoilers altogether put Jeff just pushed for no real reason.
It's not really a huge issue, because if you care about it you could just skip that part it just annoys me a little.

Myggen

Gameplay and mechanics spoilers, some mission specifics. No story spoilers.

Wunder

Has been for a while. The MOBA took over.

People are stupid. I amazed at people considering Smash characters a spoiler. That to me is still the most ridiculous thing. Characters are part of the feature set.

Legacy of the Void GOTY 2015!

Just finished MGSV myself and I fucking loved it. Now I can finally listen to that bombcast so I can see what the rest of them think about the game.

Myggen

I feel like there's not much to complain about with that, at this point Jeff had already made it clear stuff would be spoiled.
It's more that they could have avoided spoilers altogether put Jeff just pushed for no real reason.
It's not really a huge issue, because if you care about it you could just skip that part it just annoys me a little.

I think it's more about being able to talk about spoilers if it comes up. They didn't really, but it gave them the option to not dance around spoilers if it was relevant to what one of them brought up.

I think it's more about being able to talk about spoilers if it comes up. They didn't really, but it gave them the option to not dance around spoilers if it was relevant to what one of them brought up.

Yeah, I'd rather them have an open discussion about the game rather than a discussion that just becomes hard to follow as they try to avoid specifics in fear of spoiling anything.

erawsd

I think that the examples given in here this morning are really crazy...

However...I kinda agree that Jeff complete dismissal of anything spoiler related in general rubs me the wrong way.

He said it multiple times in the past that he doesn't give a shit about spoilers so we shouldn't either.

I'm not one of those crazies about no spoilers and going dark months before release and all that crap but I think there's a middle ground between the two extremes.

While Jeff doesnt care about spoilers, he still seems to respect others not wanting to be spoiled. Just yesterday on UPF there was a funny moment where he called Brad an ass and told him to stop showing the character menu during the MGSV segment.

Myggen

While Jeff doesnt care about spoilers, he still seems to respect others not wanting to be spoiled. Just yesterday on UPF there was a funny moment where he called Brad an ass and told him to stop showing the character menu during the MGSV segment.

And that was suddenly Jeff overreacting to spoilers since that costume was in GZ :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom