• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remeber the huge impact the last expansion made? Yeah not happening.

If you have beaten mission 31 and seen the first credits you are good. Probably actually farther along than they are by this podcast.
Nowhere near that far! I've done a crapload of side stuff and fucking about in the world!

Dmx Goomba in Mario Maker was good, as was the Made In Wario one alluded to yesterday. Leaving Alexis in the Occulus while shutting down the set was good. And invading Gamespot with the segway iPad bot thing.

strafer

Damn you Until Dawn.

chapter 4 soiler

8 minutes in and Jessica is already dead. I liked her.

although you could probably have saved her...

Honestly, I think the only difference between the fast and safe paths in this game is that the fast paths make you do QTEs, while the safe paths don't.

Though each one apparently has story ramifications which is cool.

BearPawB

Banned
Honestly, I think the only difference between the fast and safe paths in this game is that the fast paths make you do QTEs, while the safe paths don't.

Though each one apparently has story ramifications which is cool.

there are situations that change if you get somewhere too slowly. So you should take fast paths when presented. If you can do the QTE!

strafer

I think he's serious. Look at the Saw quick look for example. It's so unnecessary and gratuitous, but that's part of the fun! (and Vinny gets that)

yeah, I look away sometimes if its really really nasty but the Josh scene wasn't that gory to my, guess I have watched too much SAW and if you've played Dead Space 2 there is a part that's really fucking nuts. That part makes be a bit uneasy.

oti

Banned
So their Until Dawn thing is just a Let's Play, right? If so I'd rather watch it after I played it myself... eventually.

oti

Banned
correct. do play and then watch... eventually. I don't have fun playing these games on my own, so I watch immediately.

I really hate horror games and I'm totally terrified by them (I could not play P.T.) but something about Until Dawn tells me I should to play it myself first. There aren't many games like that out there.

What do folks here consider to be the "best" UPF ever?

UPF is a lot more about segments than individual shows I feel, even the best ones have some dull moments. That being said the 02/08/13 one, aka the one where they play Lego Island is definitely one of my favorites.

In general all the early ones are pretty good.

holy fuck...that decision making....

1EpHbci.png

UPF is a lot more about segments than individual shows I feel, even the best ones have some dull moments. That being said the 02/08/13 one, aka the one where they play Lego Island is definitely one of my favorites.

In general all the early ones are pretty good.

that one, vinny playing second life, and wasn't Bioforge started on UPF?

daydream

Banned
that feeling when you come back to see a separate thread for sharing mario maker levels, a game which entirely revolves around building and sharing levels

Good level! I liked the idea, the use of Tetris pieces and I thought the difficulty was just right. Better than any of my levels that's for sure - I just started following you, I'm Rich from Japan

thank ya, i'll follow you back fo' sho'!

jaina

that feeling when you come back to see a separate thread for sharing mario maker levels, a game which entirely revolves around building and sharing levels
My first reaction was "poor daydream's OT" :/
On the other hand, there's now two threads promoting SMM.

The art in Dropsy is great, only played for about 30 minutes but I'm definitely going to try and finish it tonight. Heard it only takes a few hours to go through if you've played adventure games before.

Hope the crew take a look at it, although Stasis and Odallus have been ignored thus far ;-;

daydream

Banned
i looked up all the until dawn endings and ways to save the teens and (major spoilers)
alex is going to get them all killed at the end by failing the controller holding prompts, isn't he

Xater

The art in Dropsy is great, only played for about 30 minutes but I'm definitely going to try and finish it tonight. Heard it only takes a few hours to go through if you've played adventure games before.

Hope the crew take a look at it, although Stasis and Odallus have been ignored thus far ;-;

Yeah this and Stasis need QLs.

It's great in that the way that my worst nightmares are great.

It's super cute. You just go around trying to make people happy.

i looked up all the until dawn endings and ways to save the teens and (major spoilers)
alex is going to get them all killed at the end by failing the controller holding prompts, isn't he

Those are the hardest in the game. Also actually it isn't just holding it still, it's keeping the little blue thing in the bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom