• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

Powerbombcast

Alex, Dan, Jeff, Giancarlo, and Austin

Alex Navarro ‏@alex_navarro
And if this episode isn't enough, we'll be back next week with reactions to this weekend's events, as well as my impressions of WWE 2K16!

tumblr_inline_n8sr5h9nil1rufygp.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I thought that watching someone else play Crusaders King II had no chance to be entertaining but GBeast made it happen.

Watching somebody play CK2 is amazing, unless they're really good at CK2 at which point you're just watching what happens after a spreadsheet fucks a map.

edit: And yes, the Idle Thumbs playthrough is a great example of inverse relationship between skill and entertainment for this game.

tchocky

Good to hear that Xavier Woods is going to be in GB content. He has recorded an Unfinished with GBeast and they have recorded something for his youtube show.

If wrestling had a Lord's Management game then a full half of Giant Bomb would be immensely satisfied. By sheer appeal, it would probably win GotY.

Food for thought.
K8944Bd.png

Role-playing as Jeff is working out just great. I know that he would definitely have some cyberware installed at this point, I just can't find where to get it installed :(

Cyberware installations are in the main hub area, on the far Western edge near the subway station-thing.

K8944Bd.png

Role-playing as Jeff is working out just great. I know that he would definitely have some cyberware installed at this point, I just can't find where to get it installed :(
And there's a doctor that will install it for you in town near the subway entrance but you have to finish the second mission before he'll open up the building to you.

I have not watched much RAW in a long while, the Bombcast makes it seems like hell

WWE seems great when you only watch NXT regularly.

Happy I have managed to stay story spoiler free before I bailed.

I got the info I wanted when stuff was starting to leak but left before I guess full guides got out there and now I aint touching any Metal Gear anything from now until next monday.

there are so many pages

so many views

i'm terrified. but i want to click.

Myggen

Xavier Woods is gonna be in a GBEast Unfinished soon, and GBEast will appear on his YT gaming channel. From Powerbombcast.

I'm excited to listen to a new powerbombcast finally! But man, if it's just them saying "I dunno man, it's all terrible" through the whole thing, I'm probably going to stop listening. I feel like that's all they say is how much they hate it and call it out as the worst thing ever. Sorry, but I DO enjoy watching wrestling, and I don't really watch any of the TV show stuff since I just don't have the time and only the PPVs and random stuff on the Network, but if all they are going to talk about is how much they hate it, one of the reasons I subscribed to the site, is going to be one of the features I will not listen to anymore.

Fox318

I'm excited to listen to a new powerbombcast finally! But man, if it's just them saying "I dunno man, it's all terrible" through the whole thing, I'm probably going to stop listening. I feel like that's all they say is how much they hate it and call it out as the worst thing ever. Sorry, but I DO enjoy watching wrestling, and I don't really watch any of the TV show stuff since I just don't have the time and only the PPVs and random stuff on the Network, but if all they are going to talk about is how much they hate it, one of the reasons I subscribed to the site, is going to be one of the features I will not listen to anymore.
That's almost all Jeff.

repeater

Xavier Woods is gonna be in a GBEast Unfinished soon, and GBEast will appear on his YT gaming channel. From Powerbombcast.
He'll also be joining GBEast (together with Jeff B) for the upcoming Us vs. Them Heroes of the Storm match
RIP in pieces GiantBeast

Haunted

Speaking of which, I haven't really watched wrestling since 1998/1999, but Austin Watson and his YT channel actually made me google some of the recent matches with the people that also appear on his channel (Kofi Kingston, Heath Slater, Damien Sandow) - I won't be watching a lot, but there's definitely some interesting, larger-than-life personalities in there inbetween the knuckleheads. :lol

AColdDay

And there's a doctor that will install it for you in town near the subway entrance but you have to finish the second mission before he'll open up the building to you.

Alright, now that makes sense. I went to that guy and he wouldn't help me, but I guess I wasn't far enough along in the story yet.

Speaking of which, I haven't really watched wrestling since 1998/1999, but Austin Watson and his YT channel actually made me google some of the recent matches with the people that also appear on his channel (Kofi Kingston, Heath Slater, Damien Sandow) - I won't be watching a lot, but there's definitely some interesting, larger-than-life personalities in there inbetween the knuckleheads. :lol

just watch every new day thing ever

Myggen

Man I agree with them about the Divas division. It's not like it's been good in forever, but now that we've seen the potential of the women's division in NXT the Divas division just becomes even more disappointing. There's just no direction there, and yeah, expecting the WWE audience to just "get" the gimmicks from NXT without much buildup is almost never gonna work.

AColdDay

New. Day. Rocks.

PBalfredo

It's weird how, for as much as Crusader Kings II seems super complicated and difficult on the surface, a lot of it is just watching random events trigger.

The real learning curve of that game is actually understanding medieval feudal laws and how to work them to your advantage.

daydream

Banned
catching up on qls, i don't know how i feel about volume after watching the ql

it seems like it gets a lot of stuff right which makes the shortcomings that much more unfortunate. the way the storytelling is handled is especially weird.

Man I agree with them about the Divas division. It's not like it's been good in forever, but now that we've seen the potential of the women's division in NXT the Divas division just becomes even more disappointing. There's just no direction there, and yeah, expecting the WWE audience to just "get" the gimmicks from NXT without much buildup is almost never gonna work.

It's like they thought that just throwing the NXT women into the dumpster fire that's the WWE roster would just fix everything on its own.

Also, every single divas match they show the faction that's not involved watching backstage and it's driving me fucking nuts for some reason

Myggen

It's like they thought that just throwing the NXT women into the dumpster fire that's the WWE roster would just fix everything on its own.

Also, every single divas match they show the faction that's not involved watching backstage and it's driving me fucking nuts for some reason

Yeah, in addition to the matches being mostly terrible, they can't make any of it matter at all. Just terrible. I hope they can turn it around.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
catching up on qls, i don't know how i feel about volume after watching the ql

it seems like it gets a lot of stuff right which makes the shortcomings that much more unfortunate. the way the storytelling is handled is especially weird.

Yeah I really wanted to like it but putting narrative stuff that repeats in a game where you retry a lot seems counterintuitive. I'd rather the game just had no narrative and was basically MGS VR: The game. With its price as it is, I just can't commit to it sadly.

Alfredo

I don't know if I can trust Alex when he says there will be a Powerbombcast next week. Doubly so when they're getting ready for PAX. But, hey, SURPRISE ME.

I don't know if I can trust Alex when he says there will be a Powerbombcast next week. Doubly so when they're getting ready for PAX. But, hey, SURPRISE ME.

Theyll prolly record it monday. You have to remember that they recorded this on what...wednesday?

Danny O'Dwyer is playing through Fallout 3 gunless and clothesless.

Both suggested character names of Pat McGroin and Fanny O'Dwyer are outstanding.

(if anyone's wondering why he isn't playing the superior New Vegas, he did some of that around the time of the Fallout 4 announcement)

Santar

Has there been any news on a new episode of Danswers?
Been quite a while since the last episode (I know Danny's been busy with traveling and stuff).

Tucah

you speak so well

I keep hoping they're going to start to solve things after Nikki's reign is over but I know that's misplaced hope. It's super frustrating seeing those fantastic, talented women introduced/thrown into the main roster as poorly as they have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom