• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an awfully big leap to go on based on nothing.

The MGS series will always have forms of sexisim in it, and when it is good to talk about that, blurting out story information alongside it is not. However, sites will do it regardless. ]

Kotaku was horrible in the run up to MGSIV with spoilers, and they have done the same recently - with Batman and more.

Anyone that is looking to avoid storyline spoilers might as well leave the internet tomorrow.

Myggen

Watching the UPF Setup Periscope from a couple of weeks ago really drives home how far they sit from the screen when playing on that set. It would drive me nuts.

Also, I would appreciate if people just don't even mention that there's spoilers out there in this thread tomorrow. So much can be considered spoilers for MGSV that it's easy for someone to slip up if it's being discussed.

Don't go to kotaku then? Not that many sites post articles about a specific scene or theme of a game. Which if anything is symptomatic of the free PR regurgitation most sites work to give but alas.

Don't have RSS, have adblock to avoid those 'from around the web' links, don't go to the front page of GAF, don't open email, don't look at Twitter, don't look at Facebook...

...basically Keyser's right. Let's all go to Ireland!

Don't go to kotaku then? Not that many sites post articles about a specific scene or theme of a game.

I don't, but I do use Twitter, and i do use NeoGAF and other places.

If someone posts information somewhere, someone will reiterate somewhere else.

The mods here will likely be good, and edit titles that contain stuff, but stuff is going to get out.

I'm blocking every major game outlet on Twitter tonight and not listening to any gaming podcast coming out after tonight (maybe not GB because they avoided the review event) until September 3rd. I'd rather go over a week without gaming news than get spoiled on this.

klonere

Banned
CNDMqaLWcAEH-M5.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow guys, I can't believe The Patriots are actually the New England Patriots and Metal Gear is just a very long game of Madden. Kojima is so crazy.

Myggen

Oh man, that's awesome!

I'm blocking every major game outlet on Twitter tonight and not listening to any gaming podcast coming out after tonight (maybe not GB because they avoided the review event) until September 3rd. I'd rather go over a week without gaming news than get spoiled on this.

I think you'll be fine with GB content. Unless Brad Spoilermaker strikes again, but I can't see them spoiling anything pre release.

Shouldn't we be fine with regards to Phantom Pain? Giant Bomb didn't go to that review event so they won't be getting their copies of the game until street date launch (unless they can get help with acquiring copies ahead of release..........)

Myggen

With how Konami is treating this embargo I wouldn't be surprised if they just send out one copy of the game pre release. It would be surprisingly generous if they send out more.

Shouldn't we be fine with regards to Phantom Pain? Giant Bomb didn't go to that review event so they won't be getting their copies of the game until street date launch (unless they can get help with acquiring copies ahead of release..........)

Oh yeah, Jeff said that they're not sending out review copies before day of release. So no worries about GB.

Jintor

I'm more worried about when I'll get the chance to play the whole thing really

tuxfool

Banned
People could also learn not to give a shit about accidental spoilers. Once in that state, you'll find yourself being much more compatible with the internet.

People could also learn not to give a shit about accidental spoilers. Once in that state, you'll find yourself being much more compatible with the internet.
Sure, only if you don't have any investment in any story ever then that works.

But since I don't lead the life of sadness and isolation that would get me to that point, I still find that there are at least a handful of things I don't want spoiled. The final Kojima metal gear just happens to be one of them.

But since I don't lead the life of sadness and isolation that would get me to that point, I still find that there are at least a handful of things I don't want spoiled. The final Kojima metal gear just happens to be one of them.

Yeah, this makes it my last chance ever to play through a new Kojima Metal Gear game without getting spoiled. I've never had this chance before and I'm not giving it up easily.

hamchan

I'm excited to listen to a new powerbombcast finally! But man, if it's just them saying "I dunno man, it's all terrible" through the whole thing, I'm probably going to stop listening. I feel like that's all they say is how much they hate it and call it out as the worst thing ever. Sorry, but I DO enjoy watching wrestling, and I don't really watch any of the TV show stuff since I just don't have the time and only the PPVs and random stuff on the Network, but if all they are going to talk about is how much they hate it, one of the reasons I subscribed to the site, is going to be one of the features I will not listen to anymore.

They don't think wrestling is terrible. They just think WWE is terrible. Which it is. The love for NJPW and Lucha Underground is still high.

They also call out the good stuff like Brock, the New Day and Cena's US open challenge, but they're completely right that the last few months have been a blur.

tuxfool

Banned

I find engaging stories interesting, regardless of the *twist* that can be summarized in a few words. More complex spoilers require somebody to actively look for spoilers.

I don't go looking for spoilers, but neither do I contort myself into knots worrying about it.

I'm going to try my best to avoid spoilers but I won't be too upset or surprised if I end up stumbling on something by accident.
I'd love a GB Spoilercast to imbibe after I'm through with the story though.

I'm just gonna be pissed off if some joker who gets paid to write about games decides to publish any big "wtf" moments before the game even goes on sale

and you know someone will.

erawsd

Jeff preferred the Acclaim games to Revenge/No Mercy and Def Jam Icons to Fight for NY. What the fuck Jeff. What the fuck...

Spoilercasts are great and its a shame he have to wait until GOTY to get them to discuss in detail spoilers for games,

Well except for Brad of course who will spoil anything and everything on any given Quick Look.

Maybe there is room for a regular, more candid podcast....

MGS V review embargo is up tomorrow aint it?

That also means stories on sites complaining on about bigotry, sexisism, and everything else will likely appear too.

...all these stories will casually spoil the game's story, as they care more about hits than anything else.

But also Kojima is pretty disgusting and should be called out instead of everyone laughing it off like the last 17 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom