• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

As I'm talking about GOTY, here's the forecast as I see it:

Locks for Top 10:
MGSV
Mario Maker
Rocket League
Splatoon
Witcher 3

Probable:
Just Cause 3
Galak-Z
Axiom Verge

Possible:
Fallout 4
Call of Duty
Arkham Knight

Did I forget anything? Note that I'm deliberately leaving Persona 5 off the list, as while I do believe it'll be a VERY late 2015 title (I'm currently guessing Dec. 15 as its release date) it'll be far too late to actually make an impact on the proceedings.

I wish I liked Galak-Z more. it's too unforgiving/progress is too slow. I can handle the crushing difficulty, but without a more rewarding meta-progression it doesn't hold my interest enough to keep getting killed in bullshit ways.

Locks for Top 10:
MGSV
Mario Maker
Rocket League
Splatoon
Witcher 3

Probable:
Just Cause 3
Galak-Z
Axiom Verge

Possible:
Fallout 4
Call of Duty
Arkham Knight

Did I forget anything? Note that I'm deliberately leaving Persona 5 off the list, as while I do believe it'll be a VERY late 2015 title (I'm currently guessing Dec. 15 as its release date) it'll be far too late to actually make an impact on the proceedings.

Good list.

tchocky

Locks for Top 10:
MGSV
Mario Maker
Rocket League
Splatoon
Witcher 3

Probable:
Just Cause 3
Galak-Z
Axiom Verge

Possible:
Fallout 4
Call of Duty
Arkham Knight

You forgot Bloodbourne which Dan was calling one of his favourites of the year a couple of months ago.

Oxirane

I hope Jason fights to get MH4U on the list.
It sucks that they couldn't get some multiplayer sessions recorded with 4(?) of them playing it. Especially since watching Brad fighting the dungeon bosses in Bloodborne seemed so much like Monster Hunter.

Wunder

Brad really liked Dying Light too but I wonder if it'll reach the Top 10, it'll probably be in the discussion for a little bit though. Also Rock Band/Guitar Hero has a chance if either are surprisingly amazing

Patryn

Brad really liked Dying Light too but I wonder if it'll reach the Top 10, it'll probably be in the discussion for a little bit though. Also Rock Band/Guitar Hero has a chance if either are surprisingly amazing

I think it has a chance. I'd put it in the Possible category, but Brad has definitely mentioned that there's something at the end of the game that will be up for an award.

It's yet another game that's sitting on my PS4 that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Also, I'm not sure if Bloodborne is a Lock or a Probable. Vinny seemed less than enchanted with it, but Brad got the platinum and Jeff actually played a decent amount.

Jintor

I sometimes forget that bEAST exists. They're like the new Patrick for me. Love them but don't really care about their content.

man, their content is awesome, you're missing out

it's just the right counterpoint to dan's eternally optimistic nonsense

oti

Banned
Let's just agree that we'll all hate Brad if he tries to push Destiny again.

I hate Brad regardless.

man, their content is awesome, you're missing out

it's just the right counterpoint to dan's eternally optimistic nonsense

I don't know. They're always playing those weirder games I don't really play and their QLs are always so long. Now them starting Let's Plays which I never watch on YT is just, I dunno, it further strengthens my suspicion that they don't really know what to do and that I don't really care. I'm not even listening to their podcast anymore.

Last year's GOTY wasn't too interesting. There were a few good games, but it was basically a race to the top of Shit Mountain. This year is one of the most solid years for games in a long time - and should lead to great debate for a GOTY.

This discussion about GOTY is making me realise that I should really play more Splatoon and Rocket League. Unfortunately I get the feeling that going back to them now could potentially be a bad time.

I sometimes forget that bEAST exists. They're like the new Patrick for me. Love them but don't really care about their content.
You're missing out GBeast are incredible.

Patryn

Last year's GOTY wasn't too interesting. There were a few good games, but it was basically a race to the top of Shit Mountain. This year is one of the most solid years for games in a long time - and should lead to great debate for a GOTY.

Yeah. I have a feeling several games are going to get the shaft.

I'm predicting that the shocking twist of this year will be Fallout 4 being shut out of all awards (and the Top 10). I think it's coming out too late for people to put any real progress in it, and unlike the year that Skyrim came out, there's far too many games that the group loves for it to have a chance.

I hate Brad regardless.

I don't know. They're always playing those weirder games I don't really play and their QLs are always so long. Now them starting Let's Plays which I never watch on YT is just, I dunno, it further strengthens my suspicion that they don't really know what to do and that I don't really care. I'm not even listening to their podcast anymore.

Beastcast is the best 'cast.

I hope Jason fights to get MH4U on the list.
It sucks that they couldn't get some multiplayer sessions recorded with 4(?) of them playing it. Especially since watching Brad fighting the dungeon bosses in Bloodborne seemed so much like Monster Hunter.

There's no way. It's a good game and it got me into Monster Hunter but it seems like Jason was the only one with any interest whatsoever in it.

Curufinwe

Locks for Top 10:
MGSV
Mario Maker
Rocket League
Splatoon
Witcher 3

Probable:
Just Cause 3
Galak-Z
Axiom Verge

Possible:
Fallout 4
Call of Duty
Arkham Knight

I think Until Dawn is a better bet for the top 10 than Galak-Z.

Patryn

There's no way. It's a good game and it got me into Monster Hunter but it seems like Jason was the only one with any interest whatsoever in it.

Was Austin into it at all? That would seem to be the only chance he'd have. Even then, while something like that might work in another year, this year is too packed.

I think Until Dawn is a better bet for the top 10 than Galak-Z.

I almost put Until Dawn on the list, but I'm uncertain who's played it at GBWest, whereas I know both offices played Galak-Z and seemed to kind of like it. And I suspect Austin is going to champion it.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm assuming Brad never played dragons dogma if he thinks the only good thing is crawling on giant monsters.

Also how the fuck does Dan not know how to buy pants.

tuxfool

Banned
I can definitely see him trying to make a Dota 2-style "it's a totally different game" argument.

Destiny deserves to be in the dog house for a year. Considering They're going to keep hammering at it for the next 8 years, it has plenty of time to actually earn a position.

I feel like Life is Strange is the big one that GB will totally overlook. Unless something goes horribly wrong with Episode 5, I think many sites are going to have a lot of nice thing to say about that series. GB have said nothing past the QL.

I thought GBE might get into it (Playdate), but it seems too late for them to do that now. Alex seems to be at least paying attention to the series (posted three of the four episode trailers that were made available), but I don't think is playing. Austin seem like the guy who might fight for a game like that on GOTY, but I don't think he is touching it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
alex exists so yes, but vinny and austin balance (vinny is usually optimistic and austin is a realist)

I find austin to be more or less a pretty optimistic guy.

Also the funniest thing to me is the irony of trying so hard to project an image of normalcy in opposition to what he thinks is people showing off their image.

Was Austin into it at all? That would seem to be the only chance he'd have. Even then, while something like that might work in another year, this year is too packed.

I almost put Until Dawn on the list, but I'm uncertain who's played it at GBWest, whereas I know both offices played Galak-Z and seemed to kind of like it. And I suspect Austin is going to champion it.

I'm pretty sure Brad was playing it and was enjoying it, but I'm not sure how much he played or if he went back to it once MGSV came out.

Alucrid

Banned
To be fair, I know exactly where he's coming from, and sometimes even knowing your measurements isn't enough to find something that fits.

The underpants thing is just stupid though.
I mean, maybe he's just doing his trolling thing, but still

Also a film studies major who hasn't seen kurosawa

I'm at the point in MGSV where I just sent my guys on a mission that takes TWO AND A HALF HOURS and I only have a 52% chance of success and it's critical for the "real ending"

game gets a little absurd with the time commitment later on

Between all the discussion and videos I've seen, I've gone in and bought MGSV... Goodness knows I need something to take me away from Warframe. I really hope this doesn't end up being like the Witcher for me though.

Keyboard or controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom