• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

santeesioux

i don't think i own a single piece of clothing that cost $85. not shoes, not a coat

spending money is dumb

I want to get a pair of signature basketball shoes of a guy from my favorite team, but I'm too cheap to pay $105 for them. I'm too cheap to even buy some Derrick Rose shoes that are on sale for like 40 bucks.

Jintor

basically im listing shit i've heard the mcelorys selling. they advertised a sex toy website for a while, it was hilarious.

i can't believe i've actually forgotten the name of that website, they talked about it for so fucking long, it was amazing. last stuff of that ilk they did was slipshine

i never did figure out if they were joking about having a comic based off themselves or not. i never want to find out

i really should make a mcelroy OT for their like twenty shows, I just listened to a whole season of the Adventure Zone yesterday while fultoning fools

i can't believe i've actually forgotten the name of that website, they talked about it for so fucking long, it was amazing. last stuff of that ilk they did was slipshine

i never did figure out if they were joking about having a comic based off themselves or not. i never want to find out

i really should make a mcelroy OT for their like twenty shows, I just listened to a whole season of the Adventure Zone yesterday while fultoning fools

Monster Factory is deserving of a thread on its own merits.

the website was extreme restraints.

Megasoum

Banned
lmao

XsvRP2V.png

neshcom

Banned
HBO when they have a comedy to pimp.

I don't know, advertising on podcasts only makes a modest amount of money on anything smaller than the biggest programs, but it's also cheap to make podcasts. It behooves podcasters to make ad reads entertaining--especially since podcast ad reads are generally LONG. I particularly like when shows do reads since that flirt the line of an acceptable ad read to make it funny. Hollywood Handbook (and it sounds like Giant Bomb?) do just that and people find value in it.

Disclosure: I make a tiny amount of money on administrating just such ad reads.

Any chance GB Unarchived will record the video from the podcast thing? I won't be around Saturday to watch it but i'd prefer to watch the video than listen to the audio later on.

I'm too lazy to figure out how to get the premium feed on my podcast app, so I usually just hit the 30-second fast forward a few times.

I wonder if they are also going to the LA Podcast Festival to do some hot podcast business deals.

There are vidoes of past LA podfests on YT. People upload em. I know I watched improv4humans and Superego. I am tempted to buy this year because there are quite a few podcasts there that I'm in to, but I wouldn't be able to watch any live.

yami4ct

I'm only on Mission 18 of MGSV. Game should be disqualified from GOTY for being too goddamn long.

I'm a fan of short, tightly paced games, but if a game has the momentum, the length isn't a negative. MGSV and The Witcher 3 both fall in that category this year for me. I have high hopes Persona 5 will as well.

justjim89

Any folks with the WWE Network should check out this video where friend of the site Xavier Woods sits down and talks with his two partners about their craft and fun behind the scenes sort of stuff. Xavier seems like such a good dude and it's awesome that The New Day has brought him to such prominence on the show.

Come to think of it, Kofi has been in a piece of GB content, too.

Big E needs to get in on the fun, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom