• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually kinda annoyed at the 3ds output. There's fire emblem and then... What? I even bought a new 3DS ffs.

Ah well, at least I have a sweet white/pink 3ds, which is a big part of why I got it.

demidar

That Nioh game looks cool. Reminds me of Onimusha mixed with D*Souls.

Guy looks like Geralt.

Uhh, they've probably already recorded the podcast huh. Shame.

yami4ct

I'm actually kinda annoyed at the 3ds output. There's fire emblem and then... What? I even bought a new 3DS ffs.

Ah well, at least I have a sore white/pink 3ds, which is a big part of why I got it.

In terms of stuff coming, we've got Ace Attorney 6, Bravely Default 2 (in the west), Monster Hunter X, Pokemon Z (or whatever the new 6th gen game(s) is), Monster Hunter RPG, Zero Escape 3 and DQ11 (in Japan, US unlikely) coming. Etrian Odyssey V is likely coming as well. That's just the big things I know so far. We likely will see more since handhelds have rather short advertising cycles. Seems like 3DS might finally have a decent year again. First in a while

Antiwhippy

I think Z might be the one I skip. Ace attorney is cool (still need to start the series) and bravely default 2 needs a lot of convincing for me to even consider picking it up. Monster hunter is kinda 50/50 for me.

Zero escape 3 will most likely get on vita due to having a better screen.

yami4ct

I think Z might be the one I skip. Ace attorney is cool (still need to start the series) and bravely default 2 needs a lot of convincing for me to even consider picking it up. Monster hunter is kinda 50/50 for me.

Z actually kind of sounds like it might be doing some interesting things. We'll see.

You did say "what is coming" and not "what do I like that's coming," If the games don't suit your tastes, that sucks, but the 3DS seems like it's gonna get at least another good year before the NX puts it to pasture.

Any year with AA, Zero Escape, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Etrian Odyssey is a banner year for me.

Jintor

tbh i might have burned out on ace attorney at this point. 5 was okay but looking back on it i'm just not as enthused as i used to be about that series.

maybe i'll be hype about it again when 6 gets here tho

Antiwhippy

I understand, I'm really only talking about my perspective rather than the industry at large. It was nice to have a list of upcoming games listed out though, so I appreciate that.

yami4ct

I understand, I'm really only talking about my perspective rather than the industry at large. It was nice to have a list of upcoming games listed out though, so I appreciate that.

I didn't mean to sound condescending if that's what came out. Internet is bad at tone. Meant that jokingly.

I totally get being disappointed with the releases. 3DS would be dead this year for me if not for Monster Hunter. Next year just excites me in particular because several of my favorite franchises are getting new entires.

tbh i might have burned out on ace attorney at this point. 5 was okay but looking back on it i'm just not as enthused as i used to be about that series.

maybe i'll be hype about it again when 6 gets here tho

AA5 probably ended up being my second favorite game in the series, so I'm still on board. It gives me an experience that I don't really get often enough to get burned out, personally. I'm a bit worried about the focus on the Mystic stuff, but I have a fair amount of trust in the AI:2 team.

Jintor

it's probably because i have no real concept of finances (hell even if dan doesn't know what a mortage is at least he vaguely knows how to play the stock market), but i've never really understood the 'ugh no games for x console' thing people do here (not saying you're doing it whippy... you know what I mean, the crazy hyperbole over in gaming proper). I assume they must just be in a shittier financial situation than me where buying a game/console is probably a much bigger deal financially or something.

I mean it's not like I could just go buy a mountain of PS3s or something, but I tend only to buy consoles when either it's got "That One Game" (Vita and P4G) or a really solid library I know is definitely out or coming (WiiU with the MK8 bundle with Smash and Bayo 2 on the horizon, both of which I knew I was going to get). Everything else my somewhat old PC usually picks up the slack and steam sales are a godsend.

Basically, I don't really mind consoles being paperweights after I'm done with games for a while. I hardly picked up my Vita between danganronpa games for a good long while there.

Antiwhippy

I didn't mean to sound condescending if that's what came out. Internet is bad at tone. Meant that jokingly.

I totally get being disappointed with the releases. 3DS would be dead this year for me if not for Monster Hunter. Next year just excites me in particular because several of my favorite franchises are getting new entires.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am disappointed with the volume of games that I want but there are still games that I want on it, like fire emblem and etrian odyssey.

jaina

Jeff is so jaded, stays up late to tweet about the Sony presser.

I read all the announcements, but still excited to watch the whole thing later.

hamchan

I'm feeling a bit of an urge to play Destiny TTK but I think I'll wait for Jeff's thoughts on it, since he's always so on point with his criticism for that game.

Wunder

I keep refreshing Giantbomb's front page in the hopes that MGScanlon will just magically appear in front of me. What's wrong with me?

daydream

Banned

Ah well, at least I have a sweet white/pink 3ds, which is a big part of why I got it.

triforce heroes, chibi robo: zip lash, bravely second, legend of legacy, stella glow, yokai watch, rodea the sky soldier, popolocrois: a story of seasons, final fantasy explorers, hyrule warriors legends, mario & luigi paper jam, federation force, dragon quest xi

Xater

I wonder if Brad has heard of rest mode.

Doesn't help. I am currently babysitting my Destiny download because otherwise it would just become slow and take forever. I have to pause the download and resume it every 30 minutes or so to keep an acceptable download speed. PSN speeds are shit.

triforce heroes, chibi robo: zip lash, bravely second, legend of legacy, stella glow, yokai watch, rodea the sky soldier, popolocrois: a story of seasons, final fantasy explorers, hyrule warriors legends, mario & luigi paper jam, federation force, dragon quest xi

I'm with him. It's apparently Fire Emblem and then nothing.

Heimbeck

Banned
Doesn't help. I am currently babysitting my Destiny download because otherwise it would just become slow and take forever. I have to pause the download and resume it every 30 minutes or so to keep an acceptable download speed. PSN speeds are shit.
That sucks.
How big is the download anyway?

Not gonna lie, I'm excited about this. I won't play the game myself anymore but I wanna see Brad play it.

Me too, not a big fan of Destiny but I am a fan of Destiny quick looks.

repeater

Poor Brad:
It's his FATE

Becoming Legend
56%............................................
Not gonna lie, I'm excited about this. I won't play the game myself anymore but I wanna see Brad play it.
Anything that's good for Destiny discussion is good for the Giant Bombcast. :)

myggen said:
Going by the headlines it seemed like nothing much I care about was announced during the Sony TGS conference. Bummer.
Your Jeffatar is exerting its jaded influence on your mind.

Antiwhippy

bravely second, legend of legacy, stella glow, yokai watch, rodea the sky soldier, popolocrois: a story of seasons, i

Got rid of the ones I have absolutely no interest in, and even then only legend of legacy is the only sure thing for me. Still need more impressions of stella glow, need A LOT more impressions of bravely second, and the rest are kind of "I'll get it if there's a sale" interest to me.

Dragon Quest XI seems like a game I would rather play on console.

Though now I realise that most of the games I got rid of are nintendo games. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom