• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But also Kojima is pretty disgusting and should be called out instead of everyone laughing it off like the last 17 years.

I agree, and we will definitely see some of that this time around - although sites seems to find it hard to talk around subjects pre release. For example, it would have been easy to talk about the "No Russian" mission from Modern Warfare II without getting into specifics, but that was front page news most places before the game was released... with many explaining it in detail.

Gaming sites lack tact when all they want is views

So far there's been nothing really egregious from MGSV. It's all very tame, I mean unless you take out the fact that it's a story and such will portray things that may be shocking, like child soldiers or torture.

Myggen

Yeah, but by all accounts MGSV is looking to be massive. If Dan reviews it, his weird value for money scale automatically puts it as a 5.

That only seems to go the other way with Dan, if it's really short compared to the cost he deducts it for that. That doesn't mean that the longer a game is the better score he'll give it, nothing he has done at GI indicates that he scores on such a silly scale. He's given relatively bad scores to a game like Yakuza 3, which at least is good value for money.

MGSV deserves to be a 5 IMO. I mean, it's shaping up to be one of the greatest masterpieces in gaming.

Now you're just sounding like people who get angry in review threads without having played a game!

hamchan

I'd probably go into MGSV thinking it'll be a 5 too without even playing it. This is why I'm not a games reviewer.

Also it might be the last time a video game company gives $80 million to fulfil a singular man's crazy vision. It feels like every other game of such a huge budget these days are designed by committee.

Now you're just sounding like people who get angry in review threads without having played a game!

Two weeks from now I might be right there with you, but I don't know how anyone can say that about anything they haven't experienced yet.

You've played it already? Give us some spoilers!

Well I've been hanging out in the spoiler thread. I'm not going to say anything. I'm not even going to say anything of the tone of the game. So yeah.

Also I played GZ which IMO will be a good 'demo' of what to expect. This is also why I'm not a game reviewer. I mean, I liked Devil May Cry 2 alot. That should tell you something!

tuxfool

Banned
I'd probably go into MGSV thinking it'll be a 5 too without even playing it. This is why I'm not a games reviewer.

Also it might be the last time a video game company gives $80 million to fulfil a singular man's crazy vision. It feels like every other game of such a huge budget these days are designed by committee.

Star Citizen seems to be that way too, but there it is more the case of the audience enabling a crazy man's vision.

Yeah the notion that you know what a game is or deserves, score wise before even playing it has always seemed strange to me, you gotta put your hype in check and be objective about what you're playing, not the "game" you have been hyped about from watching trailers.

tuxfool

Banned
Well I've been hanging out in the spoiler thread. I'm not going to say anything. I'm not even going to say anything of the tone of the game. So yeah.

Ah. When I poked my head briefly into the spoiler thread it was mostly full of people registering their intent to not be in the spoiler thread.

Forgot to ask earlier when I posted the GT video, whats with the thing growing out of Big Boss' head?

Find out in the spoiler thread, I guess?

Funnily enough, there are many unannounced secrets hidden in Mario Maker that can be considered spoilers.

I feel like thats the kind of stuff that would make me more excited than i already am for that game.

Mario Maker looks so damn good. Especially after that UPF segment. I hope GB does a lot of content with that game.

DamnBoxes

9gqVrgG.png
P6kW2to.png
VTqq7K1.png
l2LqMcy.png

TOVzmnv.png
KCrH4A3.png
MFWhwK4.png
b42a46o.png

aJA1Fxy.png
FwFygNu.png
T0zuj2q.png
EFIdEyY.png

DamnBoxes

My favorite moment from that segment is when one of the girls starts zig-zagging and Jeff yells "SERPENTINE!!" as both Jason and Brad try their hardest not to burst out laughing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the worst Giant Bomb quick look trope is -5 minutes into a racing game- 'Ok i'm losing so I am going to spend the next 20 minutes going backwards awkwardly. It will be a laugh riot! We've never done this before!'

I just rewatched the BLLSL segment where they pitch gamejam community made games to Adam, Dave, and John. I loved their reactions to Breaking Brad, Bombduders, and the top-down plane game. They seemed to genuinely think there was something there with those games. I laughed at the DMX Goomba one, considering yesterday's UPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom