• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Alright listen I don't know if any of you have logged into Origin this...decade, but they're currently giving red alert 2 away for f r e e

I log in about once a month just to see if there are new free games. It's worth keeping it installed. Theme Hospital, Wing Commander 3, Dungeon Keeper, Dragon Age, a few Popcap games, and the original Syndicate. Especially for the classic games I'd really rather not pay for again, it's worth watching.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Doesn't work for this one

Also, at the end of the Bombcast they said that they won't be able to publish the audio on the site of the LA Podfest Bombcast until 1 month after recording. They're probably starting MGScanlon next week, and there'll be an Until Dawn stream this week.
The podfest thing is weird. I wonder if they got paid to appear, because their business model seems to be "get all these guys to come together so we can charge people to watch them".

Myggen

I would assume they get a cut if people use their code or something to buy a ticket? maybe?

Yeah, something like that. They obviously get paid to appear in some way, it's not charity.

Anyways, I bought a ticket with their offer code. I'm gonna be at work pretty much all weekend and there's a lot of podcasts there I'm a fan of. 20 bucks sounds like a good deal for me personally.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Boy for someone who said he had an open mind Jeff sure seemed to take ANY opportunity to be snarky about Destiny. It got annoying after a while. I don't think he made a good faith effort at all. Probably would've been more enjoyable to watch if Brad had just played by himself.

tuxfool

Banned
Boy for someone who said he had an open mind Jeff sure seemed to take ANY opportunity to be snarky about Destiny. It got annoying after a while. I don't think he made a good faith effort at all. Probably would've been more enjoyable to watch if Brad had just played by himself.

Jeff was just channelling the public at large.

Lunar FC

Haven't watched the QL, but Jeff is still doing this? I fully understand the disappointment at first but the game has progressed tremendously in a year.

Frenden

Banned
As a day one OG Destiny addict, TTK is a huge leap in narrative. The sparce content problem is largely solved too. If anything, I am overwhelmed by the amount of shit I can do.

I wonder if the first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon V will go up on Thursday. Episode 1 of MGS3 released on a Thursday so it's not unprecedented.

hamchan

The second mission in TTK is already reusing an area from the base game. :-/

Now they're going to Mercury, which is cool but it's just the Crucible map? What is happening?

Wait... so "shaders" are just palette swaps/skins? WHAT THE HELL, I thought hearing about that crap for over the last year people were talking about some new cool thing... F destiny!

That cutscene with the two space mages or whatever the fuck dueling was some of the goofiest shit I've seen. Some giant winged demon with a futuristic ship using an ancient magical chamber and sword to channel explosions out of nowhere in space.

Regardless of how good or bad the content is, I don't think I can justify paying for Destiny expansions when I didn't feel like I got my money's worth with the base game. I also already have plenty of Mario Maker and Metal Gear left to play, so they couldn't have timed the release of this any worse for me.

much like how you couldn't have timed your game boy club stuff any worse, daydreaming

hamchan

That cutscene with the two space mages or whatever the fuck dueling was some of the goofiest shit I've seen. Some giant winged demon with a futuristic ship using an ancient magical chamber and sword to channel explosions out of nowhere in space.

It reminds me of how Blizzard has handled the Starcraft 2 story unfortunately.

I'm not ready for a world where Jeff is positive on Destiny.

Regardless of how good or bad the content is, I don't think I can justify paying for Destiny expansions when I didn't feel like I got my money's worth with the base game. I also already have plenty of Mario Maker and Metal Gear left to play, so they couldn't have timed the release of this any worse for me.

much like how you couldn't have timed your game boy club stuff any worse, daydreaming

Its not Mad Max levels of bad timing, but its really bad. Though I don't know how much crossover there is between the Destiny and Metal Gear crowds.

I was gonna come in this thread and make the proclamation that all games that let you play diegetic music from vehicles are good games but then I remembered Battlefield Hardline

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I know we joke about it and all but I just listened to the MGS4 spoilercast and now I'm listening to the most recent powerbombcast and wrestling is Metal Gear. There's been no change in the discussion as far as my ears can tell.

The pricing structure of The Taken King is totally fucked. I resent paying for a game I already own, so I won't.
I agree, i played a lot of vanilla destiny and it was fine, so i dont regret the 60 i spent, but 120 for the whole package of a game where you just repeat quests? Fuuuuuuuuuck you bungievision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom