• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Reading that temper tantrum from the Verge EIC over how ad blockers are slowly killing the internet makes me realize how prescient Jeff was about this whole internet thing.

Joeku

Psh, in Infamous SS I got to turn my controller around and use it as a spray paint can and you can even shake it. GOTG.

I dug that too, and some other stuff in Second Son. Infamous 2 has one of my favourite QTEs ever, too. Sucker Punch is good for that.

Teddified

I dug that too, and some other stuff in Second Son. Infamous 2 has one of my favourite QTEs ever, too. Sucker Punch is good for that.

Yeah I really can't wait to see what they come up with next.

While I want to see what they do to improve SS with another game I can understand some people wanting something other than inFamous. But Infamous is one of my favorite series so I know what I'd want.

FStop7

Banned
Stanning for Destiny right out of the gate on UPF(T)...

The best part was Brad couldn't even remember the name of the campaign's final boss. What a memorable, classic game.

Oxirane

Reading that temper tantrum from the Verge EIC over how ad blockers are slowly killing the internet makes me realize how prescient Jeff was about this whole internet thing.

Relatively tech savvy user demographics and the homogenization of consumer tech meant that technology websites would be hit harder than other categories.

It was fortunate that Tested transitioned quickly -- mainly due to Adam Savage -- to a small Tech/Maker focused website (with dedicated subscribers). Whereas the Verge is trying to be a large Tech/Lifestyle site.

KingKong

Relatively tech savvy user demographics and the homogenization of consumer tech meant that technology websites would be hit harder than other categories.

It was fortunate that Tested transitioned quickly -- mainly due to Adam Savage -- to a small Tech/Maker focused website (with dedicated subscribers). Whereas the Verge is trying to be a large Tech/Lifestyle site.

The problem these sites are facing is that they all report and cover the same exact things, so they try to differentiate by hiring quality writers and doing interesting pieces, except that doesnt make you money (see The Dissolve or even Grantland which does ok at best), so its easy to see why they'd be so upset over adblocking

Largo

Light MGSV Spoiler inquisition (for those who have finished all of it):
Everyone seems VERY angry (or at least the most vocal ones do) about Chapter 2 and after but since I finished mission 31,
how much would be spoiled on the MGS Spoiler bombcast? Are there major twists and turns? Notwithstanding what you think I might think of it.

Everyone seems VERY angry (or at least the most vocal ones do) about Chapter 2 and after but since I finished mission 31,
how much would be spoiled on the MGS Spoiler bombcast? Are there major twists and turns? Notwithstanding what you think I might think of it.

They've all finished it and they're definitely gonna be spoiling it all. If you care about the story, then don't listen to it. At the point you're at, you're actually not too far from the end.

Messiah

Don't listen to it before you finish it, there's still a lot of stuff happening
in chapter 2.
Actually I think the Spoilercast will concentrate mostly on chapter 2, but that's just a guess.

Largo

Don't listen to it before you finish it, there's still a lot of stuff happening
in chapter 2.
Actually I think the Spoilercast will concentrate mostly on chapter 2, but that's just a guess.

Fine. FINE. But I have to be on a plane! And I think there's no Beastcast because of this podcast festival nonsense?

FStop7

Banned
I'm watching Jason play this game on UPT and all I can think about is how I need to Fulton those containers in the background. I actually feel anxiety about it.

Tan

That's definitely a great one.

Asura's Wrath is one of my favourite games of last gen for this reason too. Though almost wholly QTEs, it's a whole game of story via button presses.

Asura's Wrath true ending DLC capitalized on that feeling in an incredible way.

Jeff saying this shitty Tron: Legacy tie-in game is ok and then hating on Tron 2.0 is just so Jeff. Dude has the worst taste in video games but I can't stop listening to him talk about video games.

yami4ct

Asura's Wrath true ending DLC capitalized on that feeling in an incredible way.

I rented Asura's Wrath and still bought the end DLC. Didn't feel bad about it either. Game was totally worth it. Both the game itself and true end are just utterly fantastic.

yami4ct

The ironic thing is that they'll probably just get more malware laden and intrusive to combat ad blockers and people not paying attention to banners

The internet ad market has been a massive arms race that's basically dooming the free internet as we know it to fail. Consumers get used to certain ads and tune them out, so advertisers get more intrusive. Consumers block those intrusive ads and advertisers to get more intrusive. The content providers who just want to get paid for making cool stuff are caught in the middle because most people balk at subscription content or asking for donations. This was always a major danger of advertisers having real time analytics of how stuff is working.

I was thinking about going to the podfest but tickets were already sold out when I looked today... and they were really expensive anyway. I can't really afford that right now. It's too bad they're not doing an off-site meet and greet like they did with PAX.

Myggen

Uh, there hasn't been any plans that I'm aware of. I suspect we'll just treat the spoilercast as its own entity and let someone else make that thread if they'd like.

Okay. I think I'm done with my last meeting of the day about an hour before the podcast goes up, so I can probably make it!

Joeku

I rented Asura's Wrath and still bought the end DLC. Didn't feel bad about it either. Game was totally worth it. Both the game itself and true end are just utterly fantastic.

I did exactly the same, then eventually bought the base game digitally on sale for $10 or so.

I love the last act.

Fuck Capcom for releasing the last act as DLC.

I love the last act.

Someone made a bunch of Hearthstone cards with Giant Bomb & Friends.

CPJs1BVXAAASTRY.png:large

Joeku

Put Asura's Wrath on PC and I'll buy that shit again in an instant.

Since Capcom's PC revival I keep expecting that to happen, and I'm pissed as hell it hasn't yet. I'd drop $30 instantly on a complete version if it showed up on Steam.

EDIT: Also, is your username Twintails on any other forums? ...The name is far too familiar.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Since Capcom's PC revival I keep expecting that to happen, and I'm pissed as hell it hasn't yet. I'd drop $30 instantly on a complete version if it showed up on Steam.

EDIT: Also, is your username Twintails on any other forums? ...The name is far too familiar.

It's a pretty common anime concept.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've seen only Gurren Lagann, oldschool DBZ, Elfen Lied, and the first season of Jojo. Yet for some reason I've had a Crunchyroll subscription for six months. Forgive my for my transgressions.

Don't worry joeku.

We're here to help.

As long as you let us help you.

And you'll let us help you, won't you joeku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom