• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, FUCK mission
20. I destroyed the two water towers before realizing I had to call the helicopter to get out, and just ran around doing nothing until I looked it up and reloaded the checkpoint. That mission was balls as soon as you go through the tunnel.

Gonna watch the contradiction quick look now to cool down. Oh jesus it's almost 2:30am.

I love that mission.
I had no idea you could just escape, but I beat the Man on Fire so it didn't really matter. Have Quiet snipe baby Mantis while he's focused on dodging your shots, and he'll leave.

oti

Banned
Oh god this is gonna be full with MGS spoilers again isn't it. :!

Have fun guys but please continue using the spoiler tags. Has been pretty good so far as far as I know. :)

Myggen

Oh god this is gonna be full with MGS spoilers again isn't it. :!

Have fun guys but please continue using the spoiler tags. Has been pretty good so far as far as I know. :)

Most of that should be contained in the Spoilercast thread. That's the idea anyway.

Messiah

20XX looked surprisingly enjoyable. Didn't expect a Mega Man/Roguelite-hybrid to work, but the procedually generated levels seemed decent enough and the coop looked like chaotic fun.

Wonder if Capcom will take any action against it.

KingKong

20XX looked surprisingly enjoyable. Didn't expect a Mega Man/Roguelite-hybrid to work, but the procedually generated levels seemed decent enough and the coop looked like chaotic fun.

Wonder if Capcom will take any action against it.

I just don't get what people see in that artstyle. Both it and mighty number 9 look so cheap

Just wait until the 6 month long 50 part Metal Gear Scanlon 5

I wonder if they'll at least let Drew do a lot of the Side Ops and stuff like that on his own. The game is great, but watching him just clear out outposts or extract random dudes will get tiring after a while. It'd be like the fusing-heavy episodes of Persona 4.

hamchan

I wonder if they'll at least let Drew do a lot of the Side Ops and stuff like that on his own. The game is great, but watching him just clear out outposts or extract random dudes will get tiring after a while. It'd be like the fusing-heavy episodes of Persona 4.

It's up to Drew and Dan to make conversation about random stuff during the downtime, creating a mini-bombcast effect the same way Jeff and Vinny did during many parts of Persona.

f0rk

I wonder if they'll at least let Drew do a lot of the Side Ops and stuff like that on his own.

That's the thing though, Drew barely plays games on his own. Even if he was 'allowed' to be playing MGS since launch I bet he wouldn't have played more than 10 hours by now

Volotaire

I won't be creating the Beastcast threads. In the last few weeks, I have posted the threads consecutively late and they have been erroneous. If anyone else wishes to post them, feel free.

justjim89

Really enjoyed the Spoilercast. My thoughts and feelings are very much in line with Brad and Jason. The way the story and the twist is handled is just so disappointing, and ultimately it's a bit of a detriment to the overall package.

I couldn't in good faith call MGSV the best MGS game overall. Maybe like 3rd or 4th.

LiK

Really enjoyed the Spoilercast. My thoughts and feelings are very much in line with Brad and Jason. The way the story and the twist is handled is just so disappointing, and ultimately it's a bit of a detriment to the overall package.

I couldn't in good faith call MGSV the best MGS game overall. Maybe like 3rd or 4th.

you finished it already? thought it just came out an hour ago

Phediuk

What are the odds that the Giant Bomb GOTY-casts open with Jeff saying "Congratulations to Metal Gear Solid 5", and everyone laughs.

jaina

I won't be creating the Beastcast threads. In the last few weeks, I have posted the threads consecutively late and they have been erroneous. If anyone else wishes to post them, feel free.
But please continue with the spoiler-free conference threads. Really helped me out this Gamescom.

I've posted numerous diatribes on how it could have been handled differently and in a better way.

Basically, the way it was revealed was for a reason, because Kojima very specifically wanted Venom to be a player insert character. But that...sucks. And is bad. The twist would have worked so, so much better if it happened a la Raiden, and it was revealed in the middle of the game or something. This gives the player time to think about how they're venom working for the legacy of big boss, instead of having to retroactively apply that concept to the entire game after you're finished playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom