• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awesome! While you could probably make a much more accurate recreation in LBP (even with fully recreated music), I think this is more impressive as you are much more limited in SMM. I know the maker of the video added the music in post-production, but, for those that have played SMM I'm curious what the music options actually are. Do you need to use the overworld/underworld/underwater music where there are meant to be or can you mix and match?

Not sure you can. Effects can temporarily interrupt the level theme, that is all I have found. Mario Maker 2 better let me make SMB3 stages with Super Mario Land 2-1 music in Mario

Not sure you can. Effects can temporarily interrupt the level theme, that is all I have found. Mario Maker 2 better let me make SMB3 stages with Super Mario Land 2-1 music in Mario

This? Super Mario Land World 2-1 I would hope a sequel would have SMB2 content. I think Jeff said he'd like that too. Unfortunately it's not exactly well known in Japan, as the real SMB2 was a different game. It would be interesting if they would have Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (US release of the real SMB2) for SMM. I think SMB:TLL reused SMB's music. Can't remember if there were any new enemies in the game.

I bought that Thrustmaster Warthog combo set and Saitek pedals for my personal christmas present some time last year when I still had a decent paying job and got a bonus. Was around 500 bucks.

Have barely used it. #YOLO I like looking at it and just touching it is fun though so I guess it doesn't matter that much.

I bought that Thrustmaster Warthog combo set and Saitek pedals for my personal christmas present some time last year when I still had a decent paying job and got a bonus. Was around 500 bucks.

Have barely used it. #YOLO I like looking at it and just touching it is fun though so I guess it doesn't matter that much.
That's awesome. I've never used pedals, but I've never had any issue using z axis on the joystick for yaw.
Every time I have the urge to buy a good HOTAS I'm reminded that I'm extremely left handed and hate using joysticks in my right hand and the only good ambidextrous Joysticks are cheap.
Damn, that's a shame.

Myggen

Avoided the Persona endurance run but about time i started it. There's just so much.
Send prayers.

Remember that the first 10 or so episodes are the worst episodes of the entire run, so like with Parks and Rec season 1 you just have to get through it! But the ER is so beloved for a reason, one of the best features on the site.

I need to rewatch the ER soon.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I can't imagine doing that. I look at the comments section of previous P4 ER videos and people years after the fact are commenting how they're on their 2nd or 3rd loops. I think I'll be fine with just watching the "highlight" episodes, but there were so many that had moments of brilliance.

Still need to watch the BR DP Endurance Run.

Myggen

Man, I can't imagine doing that. I look at the comments section of previous P4 ER videos and people years after the fact are commenting how they're on their 2nd or 3rd loops. I think I'll be fine with just watching the "highlight" episodes, but there were so many that had moments of brilliance.

Yeah, I've never rewatched it for that reason. It's such an insane time investment.

Brashnir

There's a giant dog in the road. There's a giant dog in the road. There's a giant dog in the road.

Numb

Did you actively avoid it? If so, weird.
At first yes because i wanted to play the game for myself. Then i accidentally played 6 extra SMT games and forgot it for a while. Been trying to find the time to watch it since then.
Remember that the first 10 or so episodes are the worst episodes of the entire run, so like with Parks and Rec season 1 you just have to get through it! But the ER is so beloved for a reason, one of the best features on the site.

Thx for the tip.
I know what i am getting myself into is not simply 10 vids. There will be ups and downs but looking forward to it. Just gotta finish the podcast then im on it.

Got to the first credit sequence in mgsv.

There's like zero reason for there to be a credit sequence there with how much shit is still hanging in the air storywise at that point. So weird.

FluxWaveZ

At first yes because i wanted to play the game for myself. Then i accidentally played 6 extra SMT games and forgot it for a while. Been trying to find the time to watch it since then.

Ah, thought that might be it after the reply. Makes sense. Enjoy it, it's definitely one of the best features of the site!

Oh yeah, and I like how "Endurance Run" is this cursed term among the Giant Bomb staff. Alex says it on the latest Beastcast and has to immediately rectify that by saying how those words will never be uttered again.

You did do the thing that you set out to do.
I mean sure but a) there isn't anything really connecting this to the fist metal gear games by the first credit sequence and b) there literally showing you that the story in mgsv isn't over like 5 seconds later.

I guess I should've expected this since this is exactly what happened with the story in Peace Walker but man its like why

Numb

Ah, thought that might be it after the reply. Makes sense. Enjoy it, it's definitely one of the best features of the site!

Oh yeah, and I like how "Endurance Run" is this cursed term among the Giant Bomb staff. Alex utters it on the latest Beastcast and has to immediately rectify that by saying how those words will never be uttered again.

Thx. I might be in for an easier watch due to my habits compared to the rest. Still a very long road ahead.

tbaFlCN.png

t1442808000z0.png

daydream

Banned
curious to see how much side stuff they'll do

also, mgsv is cool and all but they really, really need to bring back demo derby soon and reintegrate it into their schedule with some regularity. same with OGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom