• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after all this time, I've finally been convinced that MGS 2 was the master piece of this series. I thoroughly enjoyed MGS 3 but I do think that's when the series started to rely heavily on fan service. MGS 4 is ultimately kind of a hilarious mess.

This most recent game is a mechanical masterpiece so I will always love it for that.

Yeah, I think MGS2 had the most solid "metal gear" style story, a nice twist right at the start compared to what the trailers were saying, and good story pacing overall. The robo-colonel is still so damn memorable, where as I feel that most of MGSV's story is going to be very forgettable.

I think after all this time, I've finally been convinced that MGS 2 was the master piece of this series. I thoroughly enjoyed MGS 3 but I do think that's when the series started to rely heavily on fan service. MGS 4 is ultimately kind of a hilarious mess.

This most recent game is a mechanical masterpiece so I will always love it for that.
It took till now for you to realise MGS2 was the masterpiece of the series?

It took till now for you to realise MGS2 was the masterpiece of the series?

After revisiting the series through MG Scanlon, yes. I hadn't played through the entirety of MGS 2 since soon after it was launched. When I played MGS 3 , I appreciated its less convoluted plot, however, now that I'm looking back at the series as a whole, I see MGS 2 was quite a bit more ambitious than the others from a story standpoint and it mostly succeeds.

Also the thank you video from Emma's actress.

Irish and Spanish oh lawd.

gt2moUn.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I don't have a WiiU... Someone should record a playthrough of the level, I'm curious.

Edit: Wait.... I totally have a WiiU lmao... Forgot about that... Well I don't have the game anyway lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what's a great premium bit? The recent UPF where Jeff encourages Brad to smoke all his DOTA items

YOU GOT NOTHING

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love Splatoon and I have the thing for Xenoblade and SMT x FE (whatever the fuck that thing is now), but I have to look at Wii U as the worst console I've ever owned. Over the Saturn and the Wii(which did have an amazingly varied library even if I hated most the motion control shit. Lots of niche titles that I picked up for cheap years later that I didn't know about and ended up enjoying) where as the Wii U... I know everything that exists. And I know I don't want 90% of it. I think my biggest 'ok I give up moment' with it was when they announced fucking Animal Crossing Party over a new Animal Crossing.

demidar

My Wii U would get more use if Nintendo games dropped in price :/

Right now it's just waiting patiently for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Flandy

I don't have a WiiU... Someone should record a playthrough of the level, I'm curious.

Edit: Wait.... I totally have a WiiU lmao... Forgot about that... Well I don't have the game anyway lol.

It's okay. I sometimes forget I have an Xbox One since I do most of my gaming on PC and PS4

Jothel

WiiU game prices in Japan are mentallll - game prices in general actually, really sucks renting games is illegal here.
I'll probably get Zelda when it comes out and try and get through it in Japanese, annoying they region locked it

Wii U actually ended up surprising me from how good it was. I bought it for Bayo 2 and Xenoblade X, but I still have yet to play a game on that thing that's better than Wonderful 101, even though the games I've played on it so far have been pretty incredible.

Still have to get my hands on Pikmin 3 and the eventual Pikmin 4 as well.

LOL I just saw Dan's tweets about trying to get Norm Macdonald to come on Danswers while he's in town.

Paul Ryckert's response? "If you make this happen I'm quitting my job and flying out there"

FStop7

Banned

MGS2 was certainly the technical masterpiece of the series. The amount of stuff they fit into that game while keeping a solid 60 fps is unbelievable.

Even though 2 is my least favorite of the 5 main games (not including PW), its a pretty fucking incredible game.

Its only been a few weeks since the last Metal Gear Scanlon, but I've missed this setup so much ;_;

I'm gonna have to rewatch all of MGScanlon one day soon. My favorite content on the site so far.

Teddified

No matter how many people tell me how great the gameplay of MGSV is I probably wont play it or if I do it'll be a long time from now.

I don't have any interest in the story of this game and I've already spoiled myself. And I can't really play games if I don't care about the story at least a little bit. I guess I just have no interest in playing it any time soon.

Also I'll probably just experience this game through Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom