• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but literally nothing will top the reaction when the FFVII remake comes out

I can't think of a single permutation of that game that could be made that won't infuriate a significant portion of the people who are excited for it

It's funny how all of these "dream games" suddenly started getting made and now they're all just ticking time bombs to disappointment and anger.

Kingdom Hearts III. Final Fantasy XV. Shenmue III. Last Guardian. Final Fantasy VII Remake. It's all gonna come crumbling down.

I mean I've never actually played Kingdom Hearts but it is just Final Fantasy x Disney, right?

Yes but with more JNCO jeans

daydream

Banned
It's funny how all of these "dream games" suddenly started getting made and now they're all just ticking time bombs to disappointment and anger.

Kingdom Hearts III. Final Fantasy XV. Shenmue III. Last Guardian. Final Fantasy VII Remake. It's all gonna come crumbling down.

chances are pretty good that khiii will end up being the only one to satisfy expectations

fourstorks

Neo Member
Mission 51 on the collectors edition.

Things like this get cut from video games (and books, film, music) all the time. All your fact proves is the creative process conflicts with the political and economical realities within an organization that makes creative products.

So, your definition of this fact means that nearly everything ever made is unfinished. That's all you're proving. The talking point is meaningless.

Interesting how much Drew picked up on during that first episode, it'll be interesting to see how his opinion on the game develops over the course of this playthrough. Especially with cheerleader Dan there.

I hope FFXV is decent, I kind of like the direction it's supposed to go.

also Nomura got pulled off it so it'll actually come out at some point

Liamc723

Things like this get cut from video games (and books, film, music) all the time. All your fact proves is the creative process conflicts with the political and economical realities within an organization that makes creative products.

So, your definition of this fact means that nearly everything ever made is unfinished.

A mission that is hugely important to the conclusion of a story doesn't normally get cut. Stuff like this doesn't happen all the time.

tuxfool

Banned
I genuinely don't know if you are joking or not. If you aren't then I really need to play this

Yah, the specifics are a joke. Otherwise I'm fairly sure that there are similarities in the real KH storyline. It is all about dudes planning their return, killing people under another guise and then finally going "yahahha, it was me all this time" and enemies turn out to be the good guys all along.

If you're really desperate Gametrailers had an entire retrospective on the entire series. I watched it and from what I gather it is a pretty good summary.

So, your definition of this fact means that nearly everything ever made is unfinished. That's all you're proving. The talking point is meaningless.

You have to stop, he and the people like him are not going to give it up.

A mission that is hugely important to the conclusion of a story doesn't normally get cut. Stuff like this doesn't happen all the time.

That's normally called a plot hole.

Yah, the specifics are a joke. Otherwise I'm fairly sure that there are similarities in the real KH storyline.

it's definitely closer than you'd think it should be.

How could Mission 51 be the cut final mission if Mission 46 is the last mission in that game? What happened to Missions 48-50?

alternate reality versions of things that have already happened, apparently.

I want Kojima and Suda to make a game

Xater

I hope FFXV is decent, I kind of like the direction it's supposed to go.

also Nomura got pulled off it so it'll actually come out at some point

So do I. The last FF is throughly enjoyed was FFVII. I know people always say XII is great but he political story of it just bored me. It just didn't get going and at the time the combat system didn't click with me.

How could Mission 51 be the cut final mission if Mission 46 is the last mission in that game? What happened to Missions 48-50?

A bunch of the later missions are repeats with harder parameters. They are in-between the real story missions. The numbering near the end is weird because of that.

tuxfool

Banned

If you watch the YT video you see that it was supposed to take place in a brand new area, it is likely that it would encompass multiple missions.

Altairre

Yah, the specifics are a joke. Otherwise I'm fairly sure that there are similarities in the real KH storyline. It is all about dudes planning their return, killing people under another guise and then finally going "yahahha, it was me all this time" and enemies turn out to be the good guys all along.

If you're really desperate Gametrailers had an entire retrospective on the entire series. I watched it and from what I gather it is a pretty good summary.

KH3 should just be one huge crossover. Throw everything in there, tie it together with a simple story and focus on the different worlds with cool setpieces and interaction with the respective characters. It's not going to be that but it should be. Doesn't have to be a convoluted mess.

If you watch the YT video you see that it was supposed to take place in a brand new area, it is likely that it would encompass multiple missions.

Kojima single handedly soured Konami on ever funding a AAA game again. Ha ha, if someone would have put a leash on him early on maybe they could have kept the scope in check so they could have wrapped the game's plot threads up in a more elegant way.

And stump sock is right, deleted scenes from movies and games are very common special features included in supplemental content.

Myggen

o4GPSjA.gif

FStop7

Banned
Mission 51 on the collectors edition.

Is there anything on the Collectors Edition that states the nature of why that was cut? People are making all sorts of assumptions about it but I haven't seen any quotes from anyone at KojiPro or Konami. I don't have the CE.

Content gets cut from movies, games and TV shows all the time. It doesn't mean they're incomplete. Multiple endings are written into scripts and filmed, sometimes. Other times endings are re-written and re-shot due to poor results from test audiences or other reasons. Without any of that context all you know is that there is an unfinished mission, there is zero indication about intent.

Hah, you caught me bruh!

Edit: Next step for me is taking a waluIgi sign to a wwe show for a retweet.

Maybe somebody just wanted to be part of the community. If they want to invest the time, that's their prerogative. But keep on making this about your distaste for attention seekers.

Everything anyone does on the Internet is for attention. I'm only here because I get a little dopamine rush when I see a green block quote.

The Blues & Bullets QL is really good. It was really sad to hear Dog Cockle (Eliot Ness) break his Geralt voice when he yelled at the door, though.

This rush of games mimicking TellTale's formula have been really impressive so far.
I beat all the missions and side ops in MGS5. Now what?

Hunker down for MGO's release. It'll be a while.

mintyice

Hunker down for MGO's release. It'll be a while.

Were any of the other MGO's good? Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Luckily I'll have Soma to tie me over until then. I was thinking about digging into Mad Max but I don't know if I can jump into another open world game so soon.

danm999

I realize the point of until dawn is that every one is a idiot cliche but wow these guys are just ducking stuuuupidddd

My favourite thing about that game;

They're all so hilariously naive about horror movie tropes until someone gets bit by the Wendigo when several of them go "KILL HER SHE WILL TURN; THAT'S HOW IT WORKS IN THE MOVIES!"

And of course, that ends up being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom