• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

About the Simpsons reference I know is d'oh for obvious reasons.

You probably know dozens, just not that they're Simpsons references honestly.

I had some friends who were in a similar boat growing up (parents wouldn't let them watch) and they watched it when they were older and went "ohhhh that's where that came from".

5r7OJ6y.png

Teddified

Bioware, DLC, and sale are 3 words you don't see together a whole lot.

Yeah, it kinda sucks too since I want to at least play/experience them, but hell if I'm gonna pay $45 for 3 things of DLC.

I wonder if it'll end up being cheaper if they come up with a GOTY edition and that goes on sale.

Yeah, it kinda sucks too since I want to at least play/experience them, but hell if I'm gonna pay $45 for 3 things of DLC.

I wonder if it'll end up being cheaper if they come up with a GOTY edition and that goes on sale.

Probably.

Once a 'GotY' edition is released DLC never gets good sales again.

AngryMoth

As someone who just started playing metal gear too drew's speculation in the first episode is messing with my head. Hope it isn't accurate that would be a dumb twist

Noaloha

Oh right, it was Totinos. Were they? I thought they said explicitly that they were not, but that Totinos played along a bit on twitter or something.

Jesse Thorn, the guy behind the MaxFun network, commented (on Reddit I think) about how the Totino's© episode came about:

Hey guys! This is a kind of weird and amazing thing... Totinos had heard that the McElroys loved Totinos (they do), and we got into a conversation about them, wherein they were like, "what if we sponsored an episode or something but not like a regular sponsorship..." and we were like, "yeah... maybe..." and then I talked with the McElroys and we decided that we would do a special Totinos episode it if:
A) it was an extra episode that wouldn't otherwise happen B) they paid well C) they didn't ask for any editorial control of any kind and let the McElroys do their "thang" D) the episode was literally all Tostinos-related questions, which we all thought was pretty funny.
And they thought about it for a few months and finally agreed.
So that's the story of this :).

edit:
Flavor-blast
Power Hour
Tipsy Pete

danm999

How many damn typos is Konami going to make in terms of daily rewards? I know its a petty thing to bitch about but I feel like Im signing a ToS everytime I boot the game up.

As for Quiet;

I finally get her some damn clothes unlocked. Now I'm not worried about people/roommates walking past as I'm sitting in the chopper listening to tapes or managing my base or not in the couch and asking "what are YOOOOU playing?".

Jothel

Why the hell does Quiet just up and disappear for big portions of time? Need her for this outpost and I can't even "Quiet!" at her or anything

Vinter

Why the hell does Quiet just up and disappear for big portions of time? Need her for this outpost and I can't even "Quiet!" at her or anything

I dont think she moves from the location you order her to stay at unless you get attacked in another place. But you have to use the map to tell her where to go/stay.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm pretty bummed I fell off watching F1 regularly the last two seasons, right when Drew got into it and started the podcast with Danny.

Has anyone been listening to Alt F1 despite not watching the current season? Is there any value to get out of it?

I'm pretty bummed I fell off watching F1 regularly the last two seasons, right when Drew got into it and started the podcast with Danny.

Has anyone been listening to Alt F1 despite not watching the current season? Is there any value to get out of it?

As a fellow lapsed F1 fan, I still enjoy listening to Alt+F1! I've seen the odd race here and there, but it's been years since I watched a full season.

Also, was this posted already? Some guy trying out Drew's Mario Maker level.

I love listening to Alt-F1 and I've yet to watch a single race.

tchocky

Need moar Metal Gear Scanlon dammit. They need to upload faster.

From stalking Drew's Xbox achievements they have recorded over 7 hours of MGS (4 hours yesterday), I think they will hold back a bit because they have said that October is going to be crazy with a bunch of them taking vacations and other things so they want to record a lot of episodes to put up later.

Herbs

Banned
From stalking Drew's Xbox achievements they have recorded over 7 hours of MGS (4 hours yesterday), I think they will hold back a bit because they have said that October is going to be crazy with a bunch of them taking vacations and other things so they want to record a lot of episodes to put up later.

good to know. Just can't see them sitting too long on it as it's something that is more fun to discover with Drew closer to release. Obviously when it was backlogged games there was no need to rush it (except to catch up to this release)

How many damn typos is Konami going to make in terms of daily rewards? I know its a petty thing to bitch about but I feel like Im signing a ToS everytime I boot the game up.

As for Quiet;

I finally get her some damn clothes unlocked. Now I'm not worried about people/roommates walking past as I'm sitting in the chopper listening to tapes or managing my base or not in the couch and asking "what are YOOOOU playing?".

It might just be the ps4 version but the online information ps plus bit always has some broken programing code.

Also yeah I need to accept the tos every time I boot up tpp as well

Herbs

Banned
I should probably watch episode 51 and listen to all the tapes before hearing the snakecast, right?

It helps I think. But I only watched the episode 51. Still have tapes to listen to and discovered stuff from the spoilercast that I may have otherwise found on my own but it didn't take away from the overall experience.

Scizzy

I should probably watch episode 51 and listen to all the tapes before hearing the snakecast, right?

Yeah, probably. There's also [post game spoiler]
a post game scene that people have found going through the game files about nukes
that you might want to find on YouTube.

As an aside, I just listened to the Snakecast last night and Dan was awesome on that. Sometimes he comes off as such a fan of MGS that he thinks it can do no wrong, but he was both super enthusiastic and selectively critical during the cast. Brad does a great job of articulating his problems too. It made me wish they had more spoiler casts, though I know it's tough to round up even three people who finish some games.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, probably. There's also [post game spoiler]
a post game scene that people have found going through the game files about nukes
that you might want to find on YouTube.

As an aside, I just listened to the Snakecast last night and Dan was awesome on that. Sometimes he comes off as such a fan of MGS that he thinks it can do no wrong, but he was both super enthusiastic and selectively critical during the cast. Brad does a great job of articulating his problems too. It made me wish they had more spoiler casts, though I know it's tough to round up even three people who finish some games.

Yeah I was thinking I'd love more of these, but it's really rare that there's a game with a podcast's worth of story discussion that's they've also all played and care about.

Jintor

fuckan missed osaka concert tickets

next time around i gotta fucking note down the freaking DATE they come out and snap them up

daydream

Banned
maybe if i keep pestering ren about it, he can bring me back an album of theirs from his japan trip

any similar suggestions are welcome btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom