• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Guys, thanks for the recommendation of MBMBaM. I had to take several stops during my run today because I was laughing too hard. Go figure three brothers have such a natural rapport. I've always enjoyed Justin's appearances on the Bombcast.

Wow, unless it's some issue with their encoder or something, the Xbone version of MGSV is not running at a steady 60 FPS. Not nearly.

Guys, thanks for the recommendation of MBMBaM. I had to take several stops during my run today because I was laughing too hard. Go figure three brothers have such a natural rapport. I've always enjoyed Justin's appearances on the Bombcast.

It's pretty amazing sometimes with the schticks they get into. I especially recommend any "sponsored" episode. Spoiler, they're not actually sponsored by Tostitos.

Were any of the other MGO's good? Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Luckily I'll have Soma to tie me over until then. I was thinking about digging into Mad Max but I don't know if I can jump into another open world game so soon.

I have no idea, but I hope so.

Apparently the FOB stuff has no anti-cheat, which makes me fear for MGO's longevity.

Were any of the other MGO's good? Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Luckily I'll have Soma to tie me over until then. I was thinking about digging into Mad Max but I don't know if I can jump into another open world game so soon.

The gameplay preview looks pretty good. You can fulton dudes out of the match to gain tickets for your team. So there's real incentive to take a risk and not kill an opponent.

Apparently the FOB stuff has no anti-cheat, which makes me fear for MGO's longevity.

In this moment I am euphoric. How can you possibly set up an online system without anti-cheat?

Lijik

It's pretty amazing sometimes with the schticks they get into. I especially recommend any "sponsored" episode. Spoiler, they're not actually sponsored by Tostitos.

im pretty sure the totinos episode actually is sponsored by the company despite coming out around the time they were pretending to be sponsored by powerade

i dont' know but it's kind of amazing

i totally cheatengined my way into maximum fob

Oh my god if you can just cheat engine it, then it doesn't even matter if you get invaded because you can just restore your supplies lost. The only bad thing is losing dudes... But you could just assign E-rank guys to it, right?

Oh my god if you can just cheat engine it, then it doesn't even matter if you get invaded because you can just restore your supplies lost. The only bad thing is losing dudes... But you could just assign E-rank guys to it, right?

sure but why bother when you can just hack yourself a full team of S++ dudes

danm999

Looking at how the FOB build times seem to rise way up I'm thinking about biting the bullet and cheat engine-ing as well. It's not even a resource thing I'm just being gated by ridiculous times.

Jintor

Finished every mission and not sure I can be bothered going for S-Ranks and shit. I'd play more subsistence missions but there's only two.

On 85% but weirdly the thing that keeps me coming back is that my helicoptor music is on shuffle so I don't know which Vice City song is gonna come blasting over the afghan mountains at full volume when my pickup arrives. Of course it still fucking sucks because Pequod is an idiot and will just sit there and take AA-fire if I don't C4 the AA-guns first

danm999

I actually haven't been invaded yet after about a week but I also haven't invaded anyone else. Don't start nothing won't be nothing maybe?

Or maybe it helps I only go online when I've used up all my resources? I'm not sure how it works.

Haunted

Finished every mission and not sure I can be bothered going for S-Ranks and shit. I'd play more subsistence missions but there's only two.

On 85% but weirdly the thing that keeps me coming back is that my helicoptor music is on shuffle so I don't know which Vice City song is gonna come blasting over the afghan mountains at full volume when my pickup arrives. Of course it still fucking sucks because Pequod is an idiot and will just sit there and take AA-fire if I don't C4 the AA-guns first
That's a weird way to spell Fulton...

im pretty sure the totinos episode actually is sponsored by the company despite coming out around the time they were pretending to be sponsored by powerade

Oh right, it was Totinos. Were they? I thought they said explicitly that they were not, but that Totinos played along a bit on twitter or something.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Looking at how the FOB build times seem to rise way up I'm thinking about biting the bullet and cheat engine-ing as well. It's not even a resource thing I'm just being gated by ridiculous times.

It's really simple to do.

There are also mods that just straight up remove or reduce timers.

danm999

It's really simple to do.

There are also mods that just straight up remove or reduce timers.

Yeah I'm at the point where I'm honestly just treading water waiting for stuff to build before I do more story missions in Chapter 2 so I think it's time.

it all started when fame douglas wanted to make borderlands

and the shooting should feel good, he said

eZnON5K.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been playing some Destiny, and it's alright I guess but the 'shooting feels good' just doesn't seem like enough especially when there's no scripted major sequences. The settings in terms of combat provide little variety and the lack of skills makes it feel soooo boring. Like I don't know why these online shooter rpgs like Borderlands and Destiny copy everything from Diablo EXCEPT the large amount of abilities.

Even fucking Global Agenda had a fun variety of abilities.

Zack is always there.
I've been playing some Destiny, and it's alright I guess but the 'shooting feels good' just doesn't seem like enough especially when there's no scripted major sequences. The settings in terms of combat provide little variety and the lack of skills makes it feel soooo boring. Like I don't know why these online shooter rpgs like Borderlands and Destiny copy everything from Diablo EXCEPT the large amount of abilities.

Even fucking Global Agenda had a fun variety of abilities.

Because they know they'll never be able to match Warframe's endless ssttyyyllleee.

fight the power

I now have the silenced AMR and that is making those heavy infantry missions go a lot faster since I can just pop them through the face.

Not that using D-Walker's machete arm/flamethrower was slow, but I like doing things from a distance.

Because they know they'll never be able to match Warframe's endless ssttyyyllleee.

Now that the new parkour system is in place, we're about to get a headless Warframe earth elemental and then a Monkey God. It's going to be rad. And free!

def sim

For now, I can only put in about an hour at a time for MGS and a quality of life mod like no timers is a must for me. Man, I'm happy that exists.

Also, having my 84 and earlier soundtrack is pretty dang important.

Frankiebass

Neo Member
I saw that the Giant Bomb hats are back in stock. I preordered one back in August and haven't gotten it yet. Have they shipped the preordered yet? Thanks!

Bacon

I saw that the Giant Bomb hats are back in stock. I preordered one back in August and haven't gotten it yet. Have they shipped the preordered yet? Thanks!

I thought I remembered reading that they wouldn't ship until later this year (like October/November) but I could be crazy and need a someone to back me up on that

daydream

Banned
shame it just turns into Worker and Parasite animation at the end tho

also PSO2 is fun destiny with loads more content

i have no problem with that style of animation, seems very deliberate to me. if i had a ps4, i'd probably be playing warframe.

and yeah, pso2 is obv dope but playing through a vpn wore me down quickly

Oh, you mean when the guns come out at the end? She's a gunslinger frame, just a choice of animation to show her quickly transitioning from target to target. There are supposed to be after images of each frame too, but that person picked a hard to see energy color.

Also it is my dark shame that I have never watched any Simpsons content ever.

Also it is my dark shame that I have never watched any Simpsons content ever.

jesus, what kind of third world do you live in

I could understand not getting the reference or saying "I don't watch the Simpsons," but "I have never watched any Simpsons content ever" is practically something you have to try to achieve

My mother was very televison sensitive when I was growing up and Nick/Cartoon Network/Discovery had all the programming I was interested in anyway.

About the Simpsons reference I know is d'oh for obvious reasons.
Oh, cool. It's been amazing how far such a weird thing has come.

Anyone remember that first Quick Look of Warframe? It was so weird.
It's still so weird.

Dude it's not even the same game, it's amazing how things have changed. There was an updated QL recently that showed off the space combat mode too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom