• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
at some point, EA is going to shut down the whole stupid ass concept of Bioware points from the PC versions of their games and roll that stuff back onto Origin. I can see them doing a HD remaster of the ME games before ME4 comes out (i know they said they weren't doing HD Remasters but if anything from their lineup actually warrants one it's ME) and as part of that they would likely package all the DLCs for each game on every platform it's released on.

At least that's the hope. Surely they can't be so stupid as to pass on the easy money by doing those remasters, right?

I'm still pretty bitter about the Pre DLC shit they pulled with ME3 and never tried any of the dlc stuff because fuck them for that bullshit

danm999

Ah that's right. It was a video. Geez that was two and a half years ago. But then when I think about it there haven't been many games they've all finished since then that are suitable for a spoilercast.

The games have either been too thin on story to justify one (Shadow of Mordor) or not all or enough of the staff finished them (TLOU; Witcher 3).

It just requires a special mix of story and interesting gameplay that attracts the whole group together, or at least a good majority so that there can be panel discussion, which is extremely rare.

I'd love some type of spoiler cast type of thing once a few of the guys have beat a souls game, but they all play at such different paces that it'd be near impossible. Some combination of Austin, Vinny, Brad, Dan, Rorie and Jason all trying to piece apart the lore and talk about their play-styles would be awesome after they all beat one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd love some type of spoiler cast type of thing once a few of the guys have beat a souls game, but they all play at such different paces that it'd be near impossible. Some combination of Austin, Vinny, Brad, Dan, Rorie and Jason all trying to piece apart the lore and talk about their play-styles would be awesome after they all beat one.

Or we have another load our last souls.

Just saying.

Patryn

Same, I bought all three games years ago on PC in hopes the DLC would go on sale, still hasn't happened...

Ironic, isn't it? Meanwhile I picked up Omega, Lair of the Shadowbroker and Project Overlord all on sale on the 360.

It's usually the other way around.

I did pay full price for Citadel, Hidden Memory (or did I? I forget...) and Bring Down the Sky.

repeater

GB doing a Bloodborne spoilercast would be a trainwreck of Mario Party Party proportions. :D

I mean, I've heard japanese people pronounce Kojima multiple ways, being anal about it is pointless. or rather, the pronunciations are the same, the meter seems to differ. as long as you're not pronouncing the middle syllable "gym" you're probably ok.

I've heard

S/S/U
U/S/U
S/U/U (rare, possibly wrong)

I want to see a Steam Controller video of some sort from the guys. either a QL or a segment on UPF, but i kinda want to see what that thing is like in their hands.

Bacon

Ps plus threads in gaming are always gold. There are people who are so against indies that they would rather get knack as a free game. Fucking knack.

Ps plus threads in gaming are always gold. There are people who are so against indies that they would rather get knack as a free game. Fucking knack.

Well the problem is I've already bought any interesting indie games they offer, but I'm not buying Knack any time soon.

it's an inside joke that stems from actual, real human beings who keep wanting knack for ps+. Half of PS+ threads are people joking begging for Knack because it's the stupidest thing ever to ask for and then half of the people are seriously requesting the stupid fucking thing.

I, for one, hope that Sony never ever ever gives Knack to PS+ whiners and actually continues to do a mix of decent indie games and the occasional older retailish release. Rocket League is GOTY material and i got it for free* thanks to PS+, that alone justifies the service for me in 2015.

or maybe they'll release a Knack demo. Boy that would be the day

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Got a shopping notification for my Giantbomb hat :) despite it shipping in San Francisco and arriving in San Francisco I can expect it next week.

Dumb.

DamnBoxes

I'm way way down the Persona 4 endurance run rabbit hole right now and it's getting better and better. Is it considered one of the best series they've ever done? Vinny and Jeff together on this is magic.

Red UFO

I'm way way down the Persona 4 endurance run rabbit hole right now and it's getting better and better. Is it considered one of the best series they've ever done? Vinny and Jeff together on this is magic.
Tied with phantasmagoria and drew's North Korea video for best content. For me at least.

justjim89

Hitman Schmidtman. Sean Murray will be on The Late Show playing No Man's Sky, and to tell us there will be more information about a release date "soon".

Honestly, maybe it's just cause I'm not big into space as a setting, but I'm still not sure what to think of No Man's Sky. It looks like one of those survival/resource gathering Rust clones on Steam blown up to a larger, randomly-generated scale.

tuxfool

Banned
Honestly, maybe it's just cause I'm not big into space as a setting, but I'm still not sure what to think of No Man's Sky. It looks like one of those survival/resource gathering Rust clones on Steam blown up to a larger, randomly-generated scale.

*procedurally-generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom