• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it had stayed space horror instead of action adventure.

Imagining a world where Dead Space is the one and only game that comes out in that IP, that would be amazing.

justjim89

I hope the guys do something with the new enhanced release of System Shock. Then again that seems more like a Dave sort of game. Maybe Austin?

my favorite part of Dead Space 3 was when I killed my ex's new boyfriend, stomped his corpse to pieces, and then punted the remains off a cliff- a perfect crime... and then Isaac IMMEDIATELY tells her he killed him.

fucking Isaac

I just realised that it's not long until we should get a P4: Dancing all Night quicklook. Hopefully they use their cross coast tech to make a Jeff and Vinny quicklook happen.

my favorite part of Dead Space 3 was when I killed my ex's new boyfriend, stomped his corpse to pieces, and then punted the remains off a cliff- a perfect crime... and then Isaac IMMEDIATELY tells her he killed him.

fucking Isaac

That guy was a huge asshole so I enjoyed sending his ass off a cliff.

fucking Isaac

i was just wondering, when playing dead space 1 and 2, just sitting there working my way through those games asking myself "man, this shit needs like a love triangle and some coop meathead who just argues with me all day about everything."

thankfully, EA heard my prayers and answered them head-on with Dead Space 3, a game that has not only one cliffhanger but then the followup campaign DLC outdoes the main game and ends on another cliffhanger, too, which will never be resolved because boy did they fuck that series up

I'm way way down the Persona 4 endurance run rabbit hole right now and it's getting better and better. Is it considered one of the best series they've ever done? Vinny and Jeff together on this is magic.

I still think it's the greatest series GB has ever produced. A 100+ hours of Jeff and Vinny bouncing of each other and gradually falling in love with a game that's both super weird and interesting. I even love the fusion episodes, for all of Jeff and Vinny's reactions to crazy persona designs (+ Ghoul!) and those are usually seen as the weakest part of the series.. So I might just be crazy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The worst part about DS 3 is the setting for it is amazing for a game. Dead Space's necromorphs already looked The Thing-like and now you're giving me a setting in a snow base?

Oh. It's co-op.
Oh. You tried to force a loot system into it.
Oh. You made Isaac talk even more.
Oh.

I thought Dead Space 3 was really fun, especially given 2 had already abandoned all pretense of being a horror game. It drops off in the last area but the limited human encounters were neat, especially towards the end when necromorphs would start attacking them as well for three way battles. And the second player often seeing different things than Issac was a neat touch.

Game is underrated.

god that DLC sucked

the whole game, for having the co-op stuff pushed so hard, was not at all balanced for actually playing co-op. Like the "down but not out" mechanic that works except when it doesn't, and the terrible hallucination sequences that don't tell you what to do and kill you super quickly.

oh and also how about those cool situations where there's only one armor machine or store so you have to take turns, that's fun.

oh yeah the rock climbing segments were pretty great with the instant kills and the added pressure of network latency

Curufinwe

I mean, I've heard japanese people pronounce Kojima multiple ways, being anal about it is pointless. or rather, the pronunciations are the same, the meter seems to differ. as long as you're not pronouncing the middle syllable "gym" you're probably ok.

I've heard

S/S/U
U/S/U
S/U/U (rare, possibly wrong)

The incorrect stressing of the middle syllable never really bothered me till MGScanlon started and I was hearing it dozens of times per week in Giant Bomb content. From everyone at Giant Bomb.

AcridMeat

Banned
As a fellow lapsed F1 fan, I still enjoy listening to Alt+F1! I've seen the odd race here and there, but it's been years since I watched a full season.

Also, was this posted already? Some guy trying out Drew's Mario Maker level.
That's great to hear, I'll check it out then.

Thanks for the level video too, wanted to see what Drew created. Bahahahah just watched it, oh man.
I love listening to Alt-F1 and I've yet to watch a single race.
I tried to watch one race and couldn't get into it at all but I still enjoy listening to ALT+F1.
Alright that's encouraging, will check it out thanks guys!

mintyice

How soon until GB implements something similar to this? Imagine a 24/7 /chat page with old videos in some rotation. Giant Bomb TV if you will... I think they were working on something similar in the past.

CPhimHmWgAAEVv8.jpg

The incorrect stressing of the middle syllable never really bothered me till MGScanlon started and I was hearing it dozens of times per week in Giant Bomb content. From everyone at Giant Bomb.

I just think it's funny that Jeff has surprisingly decent pronunciation,
probably better than Brad, who actually studied the language.

AcridMeat

Banned
How soon until GB implements something similar to this? Imagine a 24/7 /chat page with old videos in some rotation. Giant Bomb TV if you will... I think they were working on something similar in the past.
That would be cool if there was a community run viewing party sort of thing. Like a Phantasmagoria night, or P4 ER nights where they go through 3 episodes or something.

repeater

But now, does it bug you more or less than "Super Merry-oh"?

TheMrPliskin said:
I just realised that it's not long until we should get a P4: Dancing all Night quicklook. Hopefully they use their cross coast tech to make a Jeff and Vinny quicklook happen.
Have they used that technology after the first rally (or whatever it was) QL experiment?

DamnBoxes

I still think it's the greatest series GB has ever produced. A 100+ hours of Jeff and Vinny bouncing of each other and gradually falling in love with a game that's both super weird and interesting. I even love the fusion episodes, for all of Jeff and Vinny's reactions to crazy persona designs (+ Ghoul!) and those are usually seen as the weakest part of the series.. So I might just be crazy.

Their Ghoul bits are hilarious.

The amount of high-pitched Jeff Gerstmann laughs throughout this series has me smiling from ear to ear.

My friend just beat Dead Space 3 last night and wanted me to rant about everything I thought was dumb about it, so I spent the last couple of hours doing that, and I come here to see you people doing the same.

Get out of my Skype convo creeps

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

CPhimHmWgAAEVv8.jpg
There's a German channel that's been doing this for a while now: http://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv
It's...ok. They have scheduled live programming, some content from other creators and the rest is stuff on repeat. Later they put the live programs up on youtube and get another round of views.
I wonder if twitch actually got the idea from them, since they've been working together a few times, like at E3 for example.

If GB would actually use its complete archive, they could easily fill the time, but I don't know if it's worth it for them.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Being forced to start apartment hunting and job hunting at the same time is real fucking fun you guys.

Where's all the content? I can't watch that MGSV prologue again without driving myself further towards madness, so Metal Gear Scanlon is out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just saw skinny Mario on Patrick Brah's youtube. I'd never seen that before in all my Mario Maker playthroughs. It is TERRIFYING
creepy_skinny_mario_super_mario_maker.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I got skinny Mario on a friend's level and accused him of doing it on purpose despite his insisting that it happens at random.

I'm still not convinced.

I got skinny Mario on a friend's level and accused him of doing it on purpose despite his insisting that it happens at random.

I'm still not convinced.
I've played a few dozen levels and I've only seen it once and it was on a level that had I had died on previously.

I finally cancelled my Crunchyroll premium account after not watching anime in three months. It's about damn time. Still have another week and a half until my current sub runs out.

This is a loaded question when talking about anime, but...

What is the anime about the women who experiments with food? Austin mentioned it once.

Been watching the random pc videos for the first time.... man I was in tears when Dave got wrecked in Outcast in that desert city lol

They've all been pretty great so far except that Mech Warrior one. About halfway through the list.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've played a few dozen levels and I've only seen it once and it was on a level that had I had died on previously.

I ended up looking into it and apparently it's a random chance on a Mario 1 themed level where a mushroom should be. There was something else about unlocking it for use by beating certain levels, I guess that's all of the offline challenges? I just never use the Mario 1 tileset so I didn't encounter it on my own levels I guess.

This is a loaded question when talking about anime, but...

What is the anime about the women who experiments with food? Austin mentioned it once.

Wakako-zake. Be prepared, her face is weirdly drawn.

Is ep24 of My Love Story going to be the end? If so, I just might.

Theoretically, it's the end of the season at least. There's a lot more manga they could go off if they wanted to keep the series trucking.

ah. worth watching?

Very short episodes (literally ~2 minutes), very enjoyable.

I've also heard good things about Gangsta but haven't dived into that myself yet. God Eater is somewhat good, I like the monster designs at least. Jojo of course, if you haven't binged it all already (but that's over so you don't even need a sub to watch). Oh, and Folktales from Japan is a great set of three short stories with fun VAs and differing art styles between the stories!

Can a Japan person explain how super-short anime stuff like Wakakozake or Chi's Sweet Home airs over there? Like, do they just have a half hour variety block were they air a bunch of 3 minute animes back to back? How do you monetize a thing that's already half as long as a commercial break?

*shines stump sock signal, which is is too lewd to describe here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom