• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LfnzK8i.gif

All the reviews are from playthroughs at the review event, right? The review event where the game may or may not have been specifically and intentionally altered from the retail version?

Megasoum

Banned
Guys.... I FUCKING HATE iTunes arghhhh...

I don't mind the actual software as far as managing libraries goes it does a fine job... Same for the store...

The problem is that it never actually syncs my songs...

So if I buy a song from the iTunes app on my PC and then add it to a couple of playlists everything is fine on the PC... But then when I plug in my phone and hit sync it goes through the whole process without any errors or anything except that the new song isn't actually added to the phone.

I checked google and it seems like this is a known issue that can happen from time to time but this is pretty much happening every single time I add a new song to my library.

The only workaround I found is to uncheck the top level "Music" checkbox in itunes to remove ALL the music from my phone and then check it back on to put back ALL the music on the phone... This takes FOREVER to do everytime...

I'm so tired of all that bullshit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
All the reviews are from playthroughs at the review event, right? The review event where the game may or may not have been specifically and intentionally altered from the retail version?
Yep.

edit: Danny teasing that review all day and then not having it on time, ha.

Megasoum

Banned
My music-listening experience became so much better when I switched from iTunes to Google Music.

So I've heard that from multiple people so I decided to give it a try too but I'm not sure I understand it... I signed up to the free part (I don't want to pay every month) and then I pointed it to the itunes folder and it kinda looks like it's uploading songs or something but I'm not sure... The progress bar is not actually going up.

Then I installed the app on my phone and I see a lot of my music (not sure if it's all there but there's a lot of it anyway) but none of my itunes playlists (which I guess is fair)...

Are those songs actually played locally from my phone or from the internet? I only want local play.

This whole thing is confusing.

tchocky

According to the spoiler free kotaku impressions article cutscenes are only a few minutes long apart from a long prologue which lasts
90 minutes

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What if the final big "fuck y'all" from Kojima was that the Review Event version of the game lacked some significant detail that's in the retail version. That would be rad.

You mean the secret final act where David Hayter, played by David Hayter, tells Big Boss about a great idea for a secret mercenary island nation?

Myggen

Destructoid's review (mine) had full retail code since we didn't attend the review event. It had an ending.

That's interesting though.

Am I reading this wrong, or did Destructoid get a review copy of the game in time of the embargo?

HAS GB BEEN BLACKLISTED BY KONAMI?????????

IS THIS THE TWIST OF MGSV?

So I've heard that from multiple people so I decided to give it a try too but I'm not sure I understand it... I signed up to the free part (I don't want to pay every month) and then I pointed it to the itunes folder and it kinda looks like it's uploading songs or something but I'm not sure... The progress bar is not actually going up.

Then I installed the app on my phone and I see a lot of my music (not sure if it's all there but there's a lot of it anyway) but none of my itunes playlists (which I guess is fair)...

Are those songs actually played locally from my phone or from the internet? I only want local play.

This whole thing is confusing.

So, yeah.

It will bring your playlists over, just give it time. The uploader is shitty in that it doesn't communicate what it's doing at all. It will say it's "complete" or not doing anything when it's still running. The files are not locally on your device, you can "pin" any music you want to keep locally and it will download. I don't know if there's a quick way to tell it "download fucking everything", but you can sort by on device and otherwise.

You mean the secret final act where David Hayter, played by David Hayter, tells Big Boss about a great idea for a secret mercenary island nation?

Yeah that sounds pretty good!

Man, I wish we could watch Dan and Drew play the entire game (obviously their first time). I don't care if I don't get to play the game. I just want more Metal Gear Scanlon!

Megasoum

Banned
So, yeah.

It will bring your playlists over, just give it time. The uploader is shitty in that it doesn't communicate what it's doing at all. It will say it's "complete" or not doing anything when it's still running. The files are not locally on your device, you can "pin" any music you want to keep locally and it will download. I don't know if there's a quick way to tell it "download fucking everything", but you can sort by on device and otherwise.

Ok so should I uncheck the music sync in itunes to clear out my phone? I only have a 16gb so it's always packed.

It's weird.. I can see music on the phone app but nothing in the library in Chrome.

Edit: NVM, I refreshed chrome and now I'm seeing everything and there's an actual progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom