• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

neshcom

Banned
Edit: removed. MGSV looks fun.

I don't know who from GB I'd like to review MGSV. Jeff, Dan, and Drew all seem to have too strong a pre-existing stance on MGS, but it shouldn't be left to someone outside of the overarching narrative...

I'll say this, and this is based SOLELY on what miller is saying, so unless you don't want to know what the game is like at all, this should be safe:

It sounds like it's Peace Walker, but what Peace Walker should have been. More open areas, more varied mission structure, more varied ways to go about things. I don't know how to feel about this. It'll be easier for me to play for sure, since I can just play it on PC instead of having to hook up my PS3, but I hit a wall in Peace Walker where it just wasn't fun anymore.

Edit: wow, never heard Miller talk about Ground Zeroes before, but his views are exactly how I feel about it. He says he didn't enjoy it because it felt like a shoebox, you get dropped in the middle and there's no place to hide and it's just not enjoyable for him. I feel the same way. I like the gameplay, I just never really liked the environment of the base in Ground Zeroes. Playing it makes me...anxious. I guess that's the best way to describe it.

danm999

Okay, the proper amount of time has passed and I've gathered enough information to come to a consensus.

I really like Austin.

Between the Crusader Kings 2 play-though and Kings of Dragon Pass he is really firing on all cylinders.

And I've said it before; he has the best laugh of the site.

Bacon

Yup Crusader Kings playthrough was dope. That should be spun off into a regular feature. It lets Vinny do insane things without having to invest all the time it takes to learn the game, which we know he has little of these days.

Yeah I gave up on the official music app on iOS since the last updated that added the Apple Music stuff and made it fucking terrible. I switch to "Ecoute" which works great provided you can actually manage the library on the phone properly.

I'll give Google Music a fair try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help

You bet! I hope it meets your needs.

6440663346333ff34df095b106b05254.png

in non-spoilers of anything news, i finally got my new desk all set up with the LEDs and stuff

the LEDs cycle through colors! they're neat! thanks ikea!

Lelcar

I don't know who from GB I'd like to review MGSV. Jeff, Dan, and Drew all seem to have too strong a pre-existing stance on MGS, but it shouldn't be left to someone outside of the overarching narrative...

It should be Brad reviewing MGSV, in my opinion.

I'm sure they all will. I'm looking especially forward to the GOTY podcast
It's going to be a great year for GotY content. Last year was such a bummer.
Jeff: 1/5
Dan: 30000/5
Drew: 4/5
Brad: Fell asleep

I really hope somebody other than Dan feels really strongly one way or another about it. The most boring possibility is Jeff and Brad feeling "Yeah, it's pretty good I guess" about the game.

Megasoum

Banned
Granted I haven't played the game yet (obviously) so I can't really judge it but, on paper anyway, I find it annoying that the horse is an optional "equip"... If the world really is that big, not having a permanent mount will be annoying.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Granted I haven't played the game yet (obviously) so I can't really judge it but, on paper anyway, I find it annoying that the horse is an optional "equip"... If the world really is that big, not having a permanent mount will be annoying.

I've been avoiding most media, but I think I saw a video where you can get a jeep dropped to your location via helicopter.

Toparaman

Banned
That last episode of the Beastcast was magical. I've been feeling it for weeks now, but I guess it doesn't hurt to say again that the Beastcast is better than the Bombcast.

DamnBoxes

That last episode of the Beastcast was magical. I've been feeling it for weeks now, but I guess it doesn't hurt to say again that the Beastcast is better than the Bombcast.

Every episode has been fantastic except for the Samantha Kalman episode. I love me some Samantha Kalman but there was a tad too much Sentris talk, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom